American Jedi Documentry

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293107 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry
Actually, what is the platform for this documentary's release? I wanna make sure I get to see it :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293109 by
Look at the topic i started about American Jedi Speaks out.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293110 by
Oh, is release info detailed there? Could I get the link, then, please? Help a sistah out a bit?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293113 by
I think this is the post MJ Hannigan is referring to:
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/jedi-in-the-news/118878-american-jedi-speak-out

I'll have to convert the timezones and see if it fits in around work and sleep. I'm always interested to hear other peoples perspectives.

@MJ Hannigan
Will there be a podcast or similar for anyone that does miss the episode?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #293116 by
Apologies Senan, I'm breaking a rule and won't persist.

MJ Hannigan wrote: Does anyone else wonder why Alex was able to become a full Jedi Knight in 1.5 years when there were people who finished the IP program more a year or two and still have not be chosen by a master for training?

Literally never. He is an exceptionally capable Knight and has embodied the Jedi teachings better than almost anyone else I know pretty much since arriving. Same answer for why no one here had a problem with him representing us - he has earned our trust by behaving like a Knight consistently for years.

What's more I've read his journals, seen his work and spoken with him personally. There's a reason people feel differently about him than, shall we say, some others.

He progressed quickly because he worked hard. He was chosen as an Apprentice because he showed promise. Many have become Knights here in less time than you describe. Given anyone who wants to can go and look at the huge volume of work he did to get there themselves I'm unclear what you're insinuating.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #293117 by Breeze el Tierno
That's very kind of you, Stu. Thanks. :laugh:

And now, ladies and gents, back to the documentary none of us has seen!
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Breeze el Tierno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293121 by

ReallyRiver wrote: Oh, is release info detailed there? Could I get the link, then, please? Help a sistah out a bit?

Hannigan is talking about his own blog talk radio show......not the documentary.

The Documentary will be released in DVD format. If you go to the actual Youtube link posted in the first post of this thread you will find the information in the youtube trailer description :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293127 by
I was knighted around 1.5 years as well. Should we question my merit also?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #293131 by

I don't understand how jedi pragmatism helps remove or ignore "ism"s.

It doesn't which is why I don't use it.

What that person forgot to mention in their stirring of the pot - is that the term was created due to their request for a discussion on isms and segregation within the community. And in writing that lecture I found a number of Jedi just didn't fit or ascribe to either Jediism - as in Jedi as a Institutional religion. Or Jedi Realism which had a much more mystical focus with demands on training such as Astral Projection and Aura Reading and so forth. As such I coined a term to make the lecture make sense when discussing the pointlessness of it all. That was the whole focus. That it was all Glass Walls. These are the pointless divides - personal religious views and spiritual practices. This is the "great division". Nevermind all the traits, practices, ideals, concepts, and aspects which they all have in common.

When I started out there were no isms in relation to the Jedi Path. And to this day I see no need for them. And thus don't use them unless it is necessary to do so for communication and clarification purposes. Whether Jedi is your religion or not doesn't change the core of the lifestyle. Isms were pointless in 2001, 2008, 2010, and still pointless to this day (again in regards to the Jedi Path). That has always been my stance. It will always be my stance. No one has to like it or agree with it. And the thought that 'people ignore valuable Jedi material because of a dislike of isms' probably sums up the Community very well. And highlights why it is still broken.

As I said. You'll be disappointed. I am not a "convert".
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293132 by
I agree Opie. Our egos can get tied up in labels and meanings. So often so that we can miss out on the whole point of being a Jedi. To get off your @$$ and be useful! It's a hard enough life as it is and we love to make it harder.