Rants far and wide

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #212859 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
I feel like people could just not read or comment on threads if it bothers them so much...

That's the joy of a vibrant and diverse community... we can ignore things. :P

On the other hand, what is a family without any banter?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #212937 by
If I had known things would eventually turn out like this.....I would of tossed up my hands years ago. :dry:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #213249 by
People with no sense of humor , men that think i will comfort them ( y all know what i mean) me not doing that because he is a mess , them saying i missed an opportunity ..Seriously !! I'll think i shall become a hermit , i am already watching on youtube how to build a treehut ...grrrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD1H3hJnjn4

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #213639 by
I hope all the new introductions are here for all the right reasons and become valued sincere participant, but I do wonder what they expect.

More
8 years 4 months ago #213650 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic Rants far and wide
Power is not how many that fears you
But how many that loves you

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #213666 by
This American election year is going to be nuts. You've got Hillary who should be going to prison and you've got Trump (Donald Trump!!?!?) and all the pro-establishment neocons and progressive communists inbetween. I'll say it - your vote means absolutely nothing to anyone aside from that temporary 'tingle' you get between your ears when the nice old lady working the poll sticks that 'I Voted' sticker to your lapel. Then you prance around the remainder of the day - chest puffed like a penguin on the prowl, comparing lapel stickers with your fellow lemmmi......sheep. You feel confident and a nervous excitement while you watch the numbers come in on the brainwash box, eagerly anticipating a 'hopey-changey' sort of victory over 'the bad guys' on the other team. The euphoria will be short-lived as shock and disappointment invariably take hold of your emotions when the first promise(s) is broken. Perhaps you've swallowed the 'hopey-changey' rhetoric a bit deep and give pass after pass to the latest and greatest dear leader, justifying anything and everything that makes headlines. Reality hits each one of us eventually, but as they say - you can't make a horse drink, only show it the way.

Move along. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #213724 by
Replied by on topic Re:Rants far and wide
I hate that elections bring out the most judgmental feelings in just about everyone I encounter. I am a professional and frequently have to bite my tongue when a client rants about politician A or B. It's hard to remain silent when someone thinks you are docile or ignorant for not sharing their outspoken beliefs.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #213844 by
Seriously, some boundaries deserve to be respected. Enough is enough.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #214164 by
No. My diabetes is NOT being well controlled, and I know it. I will not accept the guilt you place on me, and I do not feel shame. I am NOT destroying my body with unhealthy habits. All of you able-bodied doctors and counselors and oh-so-perfect carb-kickers and aerobics people have cured yourself of your diabetes by lifestyle modifications alone, fantastic! But I've got lifestyle modifications too: an inability to achieve restorative rem sleep, eight hour-long days due to oppressive fatigue, unrelenting pain that medications don't even make a dent in, muscles that are tense ALL THE TIME and that massage only relieves for short periods, migraines and tension headaches, weakness standing and/or walking for more than a few minutes, and a cognitive fog that can turn the process of making a sandwich into the analytical equivalent of collating the manuscript for War and Peace without the benefit of numbered pages. Yes, I have lifestyle modifications making an impact on my diabetes, the only difference between me and you is that YOU get CHOOSE yours.

More
8 years 4 months ago #214179 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic Rants far and wide
You may hate me, go ahead.
You may have no reason, you may hate me for who i am, for what i am.
But no matter what, i won't hate you.
You can say what you want, i will still not hate you.
You are just wasting your time and energy

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi