Lightsaber Training

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17297 by
Replied by on topic Re:Lightsaber Training
Though it's true that nothing can replace the light saber the jedi's first tool in his fight arsenal is the force second his hand to hand and his last resort his faithful extension of himself and the force the Light Saber...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17298 by
Though it's true that nothing can replace the light saber the jedi's first tool in his fight arsenal is the force second his hand to hand and his last resort his faithful extension of himself and the force the Light Saber...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17299 by
The answer to your question is Juyo :D The Way of the Vornskr

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17301 by
OH! and Xiam, the Sun Chrusher was a ship, but it fired warheads that destroyed suns :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17302 by
It's great that you were that deep into fencing my suggestion is use that knowlege and pick up some kendo while you're at it then learn to blend the styles I think you'll be pleasently surprised... MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17303 by
I have actually done Kendo for awhile :D I like it, good stuff

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17304 by
I agree completely I've practicing martial arts since age 9 and light saber combat definitely has a strong impact on how you absorb your lessons... Be they sword or fist. MTFBWYA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17305 by
It's simple really practice like you mean it and no matter how many times your training saber smacks you in the leg, back, elbow head and face never stop trying this is the secret to getting better with your moves. Another thing be patient with your self the saber is an extension of you use and trust in the force your sensitivity to will increase if you allow your self enough room to absorb it's ebbs and flows... MTFBWYA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17306 by
Here I go again and you don't even know me yet the Light Saber is a phisical impossibility right now... in the future who knows? but what we can do ( and this is theory ) is design something of the same fashion utilizing a dead blade but then again it would truly take a master of great skill to weild a dead blade as skillfully as a Light Saber... Now... The ? is who's crazy enough to do it??? MTFBWYA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17309 by
Many people customise Katana (Samurai Swords) build their handles and fit ornaments etc to their own taste, there is no reason why any one cant do this, and make the handle look like a lightsabre hilt, it has been done by a few people, im sure you could find pic on the tinterweb if you look.

This is actually a very apt way to approach this, as if you read up on the fictional Jedi history, you will find Jedi carried Katana before laser weapons were invented.

Like Sarus, I have also participated in a few sword martial arts, and if you get to hold a proper/real Katana (not a cutter/beater/western press moulded fake) you will find that a real katana is actually a surprisingly light weapon to hold, nothing like the heavy western swords and usually at least 4ins shorter than the modern fakes. A sword is ideally made to measure for the persons height and arm lengths.

If you think of the size and build of an average oriental male, this will then make sense, and thus the reason the swords are relatively light and thus unrecoverable and thus FAST.

If you dont want to (or cant) go down the live blade in sabre hilt route, you could use for example a wooden practice sword (bokken) or shinai (much lighter but not as visually appealing)

The general option is shown in the link below,

http://templeofthejediorder.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=96&func=view&id=17207&catid=53&limit=6&limitstart=36

these are fitted with high power LED and powered by batteries, and the blade is either a plastic tube or polycarbonate tube (there are various thickness's) and if approached sensibly and carefully, a custom sabre is easily made that can also be used for actual duelling (as per the home made youtube videos)

The one in the link above have polycarbonate tubes with various types of LED's and the details are there.

So for the final point of who is pshychotic enough to do it... well, he's just posted :D its a future project I have in mind, I will be using a live blade tho.

MTFBWY - A

PS I know you know what im talking about, but others dont hense the clarifications of some terms)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi