Lightsaber Training

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4279 by
Replied by on topic Re:Lightsaber Training
Sincrad wrote:

for every one that is tring to tell me im wrong or that im saying things to make my self look better im sorry.
no man rules my destiny

Actually...one does...it's you! LOL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4281 by
Twsoundsoff wrote:

Sincrad wrote:

for every one that is tring to tell me im wrong or that im saying things to make my self look better im sorry.
no man rules my destiny

Not really im not a man yet...that why i posponed my rank as a jedi knight when you asked the other day.im still a boy a padawon learning form the masters.(so as master you should be careful with how you say things)
if i was to rule my own life or become a Jedi knight i would be setting my self up for failure.I'm not ready for any of them soon I'll be ready for one but the other will take allot more time.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4282 by
Sincrad wrote:

Twsoundsoff wrote:

Sincrad wrote:

no man rules my destiny

Not really im not a man yet...that why i posponed my rank as a jedi knight when you asked the other day.im still a boy a padawon learning form the masters.(so as master you should be careful with how you say things)
if i was to rule my own life or become a Jedi knight i would be setting my self up for failure.I'm not ready for any of them soon I'll be ready for one but the other will take allot more time.

Well now youre just being silly. Thinking youre old enough or not...thinking youre ready enough or not...youre still responsible for your life. As for the prescription of being careful of how Things are said...they are always said exactly as they need to be said in that moment...as long as one is attuned to the Force. Don't let yourself be your biggest barrier... Open your heart and realize that no matter what you think...you think. therefore you are the lock AND the key.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4313 by
Sincrad wrote:

Now THAT, is an interesting statement......Exactly how did you come to that conclusion? And if you want to look at it that way, what of the folk who have no desire to wield a blade, or stave, or gun?

[/quote]

Why are you brining other FOLK into this this isn't about me being better than any one.
plz read the hole post. this is about Dan saying

\"We will never use sword in combat\"

to me that means \"DANNY YOU WILL NEVER USE A SWORD\"
its sounds like an order because its coming from a higher rank
only soldiers follow orders without question. \"Jedi are not soldiers\"
Dan you are a master im here to learn form you.Not do what you tell me to.

normally id be the one working with both sides to figure out what both sides should do.But right now im just defending my self against a group of people that are supposed to be diplomats.
sorry but if your picking a side you've stopped being a diplomats and you've become one of the fighters.
for ever one that just posted a weapon preference MTFBWY
no man rules my destiny[/quote]

Ok, easy there Tiger. First, you did say that by practicing the sword, i.e. \"When and where to use it\", makes you more of a Jedi than those who just come in here to post. Secondly, I am also a Master, but I'm not taking sides, I was asking for clarification on your statement about being more Jedi than those who come in here only to post.

On a last note, I do have to take a personal interest in your comment on soldiers following orders without question, for future reference, we don't, not myself, and not most of my brothers and sisters. If you have that mindset, you should perhaps sit and talk with some of the soldiers that are here as Jedi also.

As a Master myself, I am not here to attack anyone, if you feel that you were attacked, you are misinterpreting thing that are being said, none of us here, are trying to attack you, and we are not giving orders to you. Dan merely made a statement on a personal belief of his that, \"You will never use a sword in combat\", he wasn't saying \"YOU\", he was generalizing. We are all here to learn from each other, not Master from Apprentice, for we as Master's, know that we are going to be astounded by some of the things that \"Apprentices\" do or say, it's a revolving door, a never ending cycle. Please, please please, do not take things that people are telling you as orders, tasks perhaps, but, completing them, or not, is up to the person the task is given too, no one can make them do it, we are all in control of our destiny, the Force just offers guidelines on how we should live in the completion of the destiny.
MTFBWY

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4319 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Lightsaber Training
The sword is nothing more than an instrument in our hands. It does what we want and are capable of doing. So it is with words! Every slash, swing, stab...translates what we feel, think and hope for. Words used in the wrong way can be quite hurtful and swords very much deadly.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4322 by
Agreed Br. Jon. All weapons, swords, knives, staves, baseball bats, clubs, whatever.....are all tools. Alone, they are harmless, human beings, who love so much to blame weapons for people being killed by them, are blind to the fact that, if left alone, a tool, is nothing more than an intricate paper-weight. Same with words, though, with words, whether or not they sting, is upon the individual on the receiving end of the words. Sticks and Stones, blah blah blah.

As for me, yes, I know that I sometimes come off as being harsh, that's who I am, my words are not intended to be so, but, that's how people take them, being that I'm military, I do things slightly different than most others would think of doing. But regardless, I'm not going to argue with anyone's weapon of choice, especially a sword, I love them, I do sword fighting albeit with rattan swords, in mideival reenactments.

Just remember, no matter what others may think, the most dangerous weapon on the face of Earth, is the human being, because we have minds that are geared towards destruction, and the ultimate game of one-upsmanship.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4326 by
Br. Shaun FDC wrote:

Just remember, no matter what others may think, the most dangerous weapon on the face of Earth, is the human being, because we have minds that are geared towards destruction, and the ultimate game of one-upsmanship.

Br. Shaun, this is a great statement. We have no fear of the evil outside, or inside. If we lose the path, and our inherent evil takes over, that is where the Jedi training comes in. Our 'minds geared toward destruction' are what is so dangerous about learning about weapons of any kind. Stick to the path, and it will be lightsabers for all!! (metaphorically of course, since I have already taken the stance that having a lightsaber will never happen.)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4327 by
I would like to choose the nuclear bomb, as my weapon of choice. I think it is the ultimate wake up call, and it is also unbiased, so by using it your saying, I can't win, but niether will you. Besides, all the guns,swords, knives, staves and all the words couldn't stand up to it, so it trumps all, therefore destroying all, and eventually starting anew.

I also like the spit wad, it causes only damage to the ego, and that is usually where it hurts the most.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4328 by
Oh, and a side not to KeiranHalcyon, I would rather be near someone who knew how to use a weapon, than one who didn't. Weapons are far more dangerous when the weilder has no Idea what they are doing.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4331 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

Oh, and a side not to KeiranHalcyon, I would rather be near someone who knew how to use a weapon, than one who didn't. Weapons are far more dangerous when the weilder has no Idea what they are doing.

DK

Touche Dhagon! I am not advocating the non use of weapons. My whole life has been a fight, I just think the inherent evil we all possess, if not driven by the Light side, could lead to dangerous and evil situations. Don't wanna totally dork out here, but like when Palpatine came into possession of the Death Star.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi