A hidden history about humanity, dimensions and spirituality

More
5 years 4 months ago #330058 by Kobos
Yes that would be bad Kyrin. And that person would probably be asked to post a public apology.................but what we choose to remember is our own. Again though, the calling you a dick was in bad form by me, so you have my apologies.

Gist, I agree however, it is a short span from this going from public thread to PMs that become pretty vile and I have seen that before...............

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330059 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Kobos wrote: Dude, I get it, it is annoying to have these reminders but you know it continues to be problem so............you know..........once we start throwing peoples names in posts implying an insult in message than yea it deserves a word.

At least nobody called somebody else a dick. That would be baaaad...

From behaviour unbecoming:

Do not antagonize another member based on history...
Dialogue about ideas and do not attack people
Take breaks when needed
And use this space appropriately.

Time for a break everyone...

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330060 by OB1Shinobi
Yabaturtle: if you were as interested in real, actual history and real, actual science as you are in all these fairy-tale ghost stories, youd become very knowledgeable in only a few years. Youre clearly an inquisitive person who enjoys learning and i think It would be great if youd do some study on how to identify credible and reliable sources of knowledge. And especially how to identify “mumbo jumbo”.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 4 months ago #330061 by Gisteron
Yea, well, if people get nasty in PMs then maybe that's what needs to be moderated or regulated or both. If derailing public threads where nothing of the sort happened nor was going to is what it takes to accomplish that, then maybe we should reconsider having any.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330062 by

Gisteron wrote: Yea, well, if people get nasty in PMs then maybe that's what needs to be moderated or regulated or both. If derailing public threads where nothing of the sort happened nor was going to is what it takes to accomplish that, then maybe we should reconsider having any.

I believe Kobos was referring to the comments by Kyrin that were getting antagonistic.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Better yet Mr Turtle. Just give it up. At this point your just horribly embarrassing yourself.

I’ve learned a lot from you in the time I’ve been here, Gisteron. You are a knowledgeable person and very blunt about it, which for some people rubs them the wrong way. We’ve even butted heads before but I hold nothing against you. You go out and find the facts and are always willing to present them. The only thing that tends to put people here off, at times, is how you phrase things and your directed sarcasm. You do not just tell someone they are wrong and leave it at that. You do try to educate them on why they are wrong or at least point them in the right direction for it. Needless to say there are others that find it easier to just breed negativity by poking fun and being borderline rude with their sarcasm. This doesn’t promote learning or growth of an individual and, I believe, it is the reason why Kobos spoke up and said something. Take it as you will, if I’m wrong than I’ll happily admit that I am.

MTFBWY

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330063 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Yabaturtle: if you were as interested in real, actual history and real, actual science as you are in all these fairy-tale ghost stories, youd become very knowledgeable in only a few years. Youre clearly an inquisitive person who enjoys learning and i think It would be great if youd do some study on how to identify credible and reliable sources of knowledge. And especially how to identify “mumbo jumbo”.

I understand what you're saying but again it's not necessary to be rude.You can make your point without sounding pretentious or patronizing. You've done this before on my other threads too.

Although because the sources I posted for Time slips were not the best it does not necessarily mean time slips in of itself are fake. Much like when people encounter fake psychics. It does not mean the ability to become psychic is fake but many fail to realize that.

But again there aren';t too many people that can explain why scientists of the past such as carver, da vinci and newton are not crazy. They believed in what you call "mumbo jumbo" yet they helped revolutionize science. Why is that?

I want people think about that too.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330065 by

Arisaig wrote:
Take breaks when needed

Time for a break everyone...[/color]

I am doing no such a thing. Kobos and I are just fine as far as I'm concerned. It's a joke dude and I would appreciate it if you would not try and step in where your neither wanted or desired and try to play mediator. You and I have the only bad blood here and I consider your attempt here to regulate me nothing more than antagonizing me and that is definately behaviour unbecoming.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330066 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:
Take breaks when needed

Time for a break everyone...[/color]

I am doing no such a thing. Kobos and I are just fine as far as I'm concerned. It's a joke dude and I would appreciate it if you would not try and step in where your neither wanted or desired and try to play mediator. You and I have the only bad blood here and I consider your attempt here to regulate me nothing more than antagonizing me and that is definately behaviour unbecoming.

Mhmm. But yet its enough to be deemed worthy of a response.

Nice bait and switch tho.

Never considered us 'bad blood'... but whatever, guess that shows your frame of mind when it comes to conflict resolution between us.

Statement still stands. Your statement to Kobos, to those not in your li'l in-joke (if it can be called that), can come off as an insult or aggressive. Gotta be aware of such things.

Edit: question, why does Kobos find a need to apologize for something that you find a joke?
Seems to be sensative subject matter, and therefore not something he wants brought up. Therefore, against behaviour unbecoming...
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330067 by
Courtesy is not innate it is recipical and earned. Let it go, remember your up for knighthood.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330068 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Courtesy is not innate it is recipical and earned. Let it go, remember your up for knighthood.

You know, you're the second person this week to remind me of that. Glad everyone's looking forward to it! :D

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi