So i guess everyone is leaving..?

  • Nami
  • Nami's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Aug 2017 04:55 #298886 by Nami
Replied by Nami on topic So i guess everyone is leaving..?

Tellahane wrote:

steamboat28 wrote: I've been trying to help find a resolution. My posting here has been irregular since things started to get tense, and I apologize for that. It's just that usually, by the time I get home from work, I'm over talking about it due to oversaturation of the subject in my faceholes.

How can I help?


I think a lot of effort is being put into trying to find a resolution, but hot heads on both sides is making it a long and drawn out debate. Good time to study and learn about patience ;)


And that is helpful for the new members how?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 04:58 #298887 by Br. John
I'll sum it up. Some knights want to take over the management of The Order. I'd like to retire. I always wanted this place to get to a point where it ran fine without me or any other key person. This is easier said than done.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, MarVinKra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 05:10 #298889 by Tellahane

Nami wrote: That's the thing, that's what everyone is doing.. either that or leaving. Someone needs to f'n tell us what's going on. People have said that this place is a sinking ship. Some people have even said this place is gonna close down. We don't know anything except what the bitter and the loudmouths have said. There has been absolutely nothing official to tell anything. Being in the dark is not the answer. Gossip is not the answer. This isn't just making Knights leave. This is pushing away new members that only want to grow spiritually. That, in my belief, is what each and every one of you should try to prevent.. but it's not happening. You're in your own little world, and eff the rest of us.


It's people making comments like a "sinking ship" and putting out false gossip that is a cause of a lot of the problems. If anything were not effing the rest of you because this is a huge debate about how we take care of you, how we take care of the temple, and who should be the ones doing it, in essence were all having debates about how to best look after the members and apprentices and so on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Nami
  • Nami's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Aug 2017 05:11 #298890 by Nami
Replied by Nami on topic So i guess everyone is leaving..?

Tellahane wrote: It's people making comments like a "sinking ship" and putting out false gossip that is a cause of a lot of the problems. If anything were not effing the rest of you because this is a huge debate about how we take care of you, how we take care of the temple, and who should be the ones doing it, in essence were all having debates about how to best look after the members and apprentices and so on.


Actually, it's comments like this, saying that we don't need to know anything is making things worse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 05:13 #298891 by Tellahane

Nami wrote:

Tellahane wrote: It's people making comments like a "sinking ship" and putting out false gossip that is a cause of a lot of the problems. If anything were not effing the rest of you because this is a huge debate about how we take care of you, how we take care of the temple, and who should be the ones doing it, in essence were all having debates about how to best look after the members and apprentices and so on.


Actually, it's comments like this, saying that we don't need to know anything is making things worse.


I never said you don't need to know, but some darker sides are showing from the exhaustion and you don't need to be subjected to that part of it. When decisions become final you will be filled in with the full chunk, just as even I don't know fully what all is going on, just have a better idea then some. It is in our doctrine to protect and defend, that's whats being done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 05:13 #298892 by Avalon
Actually it's very easily done, and it seems to me as though the process is being made complicated for no reason at all. You say "I'm retiring, the council is in charge" and you let them take over. Let them sort out the politics of it all after that point. Why be concerned with what things will be post-retirement, if your plan is to let others run it all any way? After all, the point of retirement is... to walk away. And I'll be blunt, this continuing to ban people who disagree with you is a bit irrational if your intent is to retire anyway.

Just my thoughts. At this point I'm merely hoping for, though not currently seeing, a peaceful solution to everything's that's going on. I hope I'm wrong. I hope that this resolves in a way that leaves TOTJO running well, stronger, than it is now. But I do still think you're over-complicating the matter.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 05:15 #298893 by Tellahane

Avalonslight wrote: Actually it's very easily done, and it seems to me as though the process is being made complicated for no reason at all. You say "I'm retiring, the council is in charge" and you let them take over. Let them sort out the politics of it all after that point. Why be concerned with what things will be post-retirement, if your plan is to let others run it all any way? After all, the point of retirement is... to walk away. And I'll be blunt, this continuing to ban people who disagree with you is a bit irrational if your intent is to retire anyway.

Just my thoughts. At this point I'm merely hoping for, though not currently seeing, a peaceful solution to everything's that's going on. I hope I'm wrong. I hope that this resolves in a way that leaves TOTJO running well, stronger, than it is now. But I do still think you're over-complicating the matter.


There is a difference between peacefully disagree and being abrasive about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trisskar, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Nami
  • Nami's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Aug 2017 05:16 #298894 by Nami
Replied by Nami on topic So i guess everyone is leaving..?

Tellahane wrote: I never said you don't need to know, but some darker sides are showing from the exhaustion and you don't need to be subjected to that part of it. When decisions become final you will be filled in with the full chunk, just as even I don't know fully what all is going on, just have a better idea then some. It is in our doctrine to protect and defend, that's whats being done.


Being neglected isn't protecting and defending us. It's mistreatment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 05:17 #298895 by Tellahane

Nami wrote:

Tellahane wrote: I never said you don't need to know, but some darker sides are showing from the exhaustion and you don't need to be subjected to that part of it. When decisions become final you will be filled in with the full chunk, just as even I don't know fully what all is going on, just have a better idea then some. It is in our doctrine to protect and defend, that's whats being done.


Being neglected isn't protecting and defending us. It's mistreatment.


In what way are you feeling neglected specifically. What need of yours is not being met?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 05:18 - 21 Aug 2017 05:21 #298896 by steamboat28

Tellahane wrote: I never said you don't need to know, but some darker sides are showing from the exhaustion and you don't need to be subjected to that part of it. When decisions become final you will be filled in with the full chunk, just as even I don't know fully what all is going on, just have a better idea then some. It is in our doctrine to protect and defend, that's whats being done.


For all our talk about needing more transparency, this is a really opaque answer.

I made a new thread on the topic for anyone still interested.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2017 05:21 by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, MarVinKra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick