So i guess everyone is leaving..?

More
21 Aug 2017 12:27 - 21 Aug 2017 12:30 #298940 by Trisskar
I created a thread reaching out to all members in need and didn't receive any requests save a bunch of banter about my choices.

How can I, an Apprentice, better reach out to you new members Nami? Asakura Shoji? Private PM's? Most times I rarely know who is new and when. "Member" and "Guest" status holds both new and old member's and I hate to pry/nag XD So just trying to figure out how I can be of better help if/when there is a next time.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2017 12:30 by Trisskar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Nami
  • Nami's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Aug 2017 12:37 #298941 by Nami
Replied by Nami on topic So i guess everyone is leaving..?

Trisskar wrote: I created a thread reaching out to all members in need and didn't receive any requests save a bunch of banter about my choices.

How can I, an Apprentice, better reach out to you new members Nami? Asakura Shoji? Private PM's? Most times I rarely know who is new and when. "Member" and "Guest" status holds both new and old member's and I hate to pry/nag XD So just trying to figure out how I can be of better help if/when there is a next time.


Keep an eye on introductory posts. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 12:39 #298942 by Trisskar

Nami wrote:

Trisskar wrote: I created a thread reaching out to all members in need and didn't receive any requests save a bunch of banter about my choices.

How can I, an Apprentice, better reach out to you new members Nami? Asakura Shoji? Private PM's? Most times I rarely know who is new and when. "Member" and "Guest" status holds both new and old member's and I hate to pry/nag XD So just trying to figure out how I can be of better help if/when there is a next time.


Keep an eye on introductory posts. :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 13:31 #298950 by Kobos
Nami, thank you :) you're point is the best lesson I could have learned from all of this! I am sorry I should have been a little more open with you guys and shared what I knew was going on (not a whole lot) but what was in my field of vision in an objective way (admittedly hard). I admit that I have emotion invested here so things like this dig deep and hurt sometimes. But, this is no excuse to leave those most important in the dark. Br. John thank you because what you said is true and was a very objective statement to what is actually going on. Triss, you are a great example of whom a Jedi should be :).

In the end Nami and everyone who wants to know what was happening, (from the info I have) there is a lot of uncertainty and clashes of ideals in this area right now, that caused a chasm between us and caused casualties we ignored. The thing is we are going to heal and figure out things will move from here. It will just take us some time, I urge you to continue your studies and be open and ask like you have been. You have helped us be accountable to ourselves and that is very very important.

Much Peace and Love in the Force,
Kobos

Ps. I like that pic Triss

"Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal"-Immortal Technique

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trisskar, Brick, Nami

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Nami
  • Nami's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Aug 2017 16:01 #298970 by Nami
Replied by Nami on topic So i guess everyone is leaving..?

Kobos wrote: Nami, thank you :) you're point is the best lesson I could have learned from all of this! I am sorry I should have been a little more open with you guys and shared what I knew was going on (not a whole lot) but what was in my field of vision in an objective way (admittedly hard). I admit that I have emotion invested here so things like this dig deep and hurt sometimes. But, this is no excuse to leave those most important in the dark. Br. John thank you because what you said is true and was a very objective statement to what is actually going on. Triss, you are a great example of whom a Jedi should be :).

In the end Nami and everyone who wants to know what was happening, (from the info I have) there is a lot of uncertainty and clashes of ideals in this area right now, that caused a chasm between us and caused casualties we ignored. The thing is we are going to heal and figure out things will move from here. It will just take us some time, I urge you to continue your studies and be open and ask like you have been. You have helped us be accountable to ourselves and that is very very important.

Much Peace and Love in the Force,
Kobos

Ps. I like that pic Triss


Thanks for this. I was worried I came on too harsh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Asakura Shoji
  • Asakura Shoji's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Aug 2017 16:06 - 21 Aug 2017 16:09 #298972 by Asakura Shoji
Replied by Asakura Shoji on topic So i guess everyone is leaving..?

Nami wrote:

Trisskar wrote: I created a thread reaching out to all members in need and didn't receive any requests save a bunch of banter about my choices.

How can I, an Apprentice, better reach out to you new members Nami? Asakura Shoji? Private PM's? Most times I rarely know who is new and when. "Member" and "Guest" status holds both new and old member's and I hate to pry/nag XD So just trying to figure out how I can be of better help if/when there is a next time.


Keep an eye on introductory posts. :)


Bingo. Look at who has replied to my intro post from 17 days ago: 6 people on the day I posted, 2 others in the past day. Special note no one from the IP team replied to the thread (noting that Brick replied via PM) except for Kobos, who posted today, and I'd think that they in particular might want to be looking at new members and following up to see if we wanted to do IPs or were confused about starting, etc.

To be clear, this is just an observation--I'm not having any kind of dramatic emotional response to any of this, because I'm not deeply emotionally invested here...yet. I'm not trying to file complaints. I just think that there has probably been more outreach in the past which may be why people are confused about why the more recent newbies are confused. Therefore, I'm just listing the facts of what happened to me as a relative newcomer so people can see where stuff broke down. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work--I only know my own experience.

To the point that some people have made as to what any new person really needs to know about the stuff happening above our pay grade: it is really helpful to know that there is a skeleton crew and that there are some distractions right now and that's why newcomer outreach is worse than usual (I mean, I hope this isn't usual ;) ). That the issues may be administrative on paper, but when major changes are being made people are going to get stressed out (because we're human) so sorry if some of that is spilling over. Don't panic--this, too, shall pass. That it's worth it for us to keep doing my IP (I mean, right now some of us are legitimately unsure because some of the rumors make it sound like shutdown is imminent in 3, 2, 1...) and that guidance is there for us if we need it.

@Brick, I'm not sure the IP team is functioning beyond you, or if it is who's doing what may need to be updated on the IP part of the website? I got absolutely no reply to my initial "Hey, I've started my journal" PM, and I haven't sent out others to other people because I'm assuming you all are busy because of stuff going on. I just kind of put that all on hold for the moment until things blew over. I'm listening to/reading the materials and writing, but am not polishing and posting because I don't have the foggiest if we even have an entirely functional IP team right now or, as I said above, if it's worth it because will TOTJO continue to exist (and will the people who made me want to be here still be here?). I see Kit stepped down today and so I'm sure more reshuffling of duties will happen. It's cool, I'm waiting it out, but I'm just observing it doesn't necessarily appear to be functioning as normal.

Not having a working application for a while also left newcomers in limbo. Again, I understand stuff breaks and needs to be fixed, and that it appears to be working again now, but it's one more thing that leads to not-the-smoothest introduction for newcomers at the moment.

Perhaps people can see where this combination of things makes it looks a little more chaotic and unwelcoming for new people right now than it may have been when you joined, and why we might therefore kind of want to know what's going on.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2017 16:09 by Asakura Shoji. Reason: Typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 16:13 - 21 Aug 2017 16:15 #298973 by Brick

Asakura Shoji wrote: Special note no one from the IP team replied to the thread (noting that Brick replied via PM) except for Kobos, who posted today,


The IP Team has a document that your name gets added to when you start a Journal. Due to the fact that a lot of people start, but only a few continue, people are probably holding back a bit to make sure that newcomers are here for the 'long haul' as it were. That's maybe why you haven't heard directly from anyone yet.

I've set up a new thread regarding newcomers so as to not to derail this one further :) which can be found here

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 21 Aug 2017 16:15 by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Asakura Shoji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 16:24 #298975 by Kobos

Asakura Shoji wrote:

Nami wrote:

Trisskar wrote: I created a thread reaching out to all members in need and didn't receive any requests save a bunch of banter about my choices.

How can I, an Apprentice, better reach out to you new members Nami? Asakura Shoji? Private PM's? Most times I rarely know who is new and when. "Member" and "Guest" status holds both new and old member's and I hate to pry/nag XD So just trying to figure out how I can be of better help if/when there is a next time.


Keep an eye on introductory posts. :)


Bingo. Look at who has replied to my intro post from 17 days ago: 6 people on the day I posted, 2 others in the past day. Special note no one from the IP team replied to the thread (noting that Brick replied via PM) except for Kobos, who posted today, and I'd think that they in particular might want to be looking at new members and following up to see if we wanted to do IPs or were confused about starting, etc.

To be clear, this is just an observation--I'm not having any kind of dramatic emotional response to any of this, because I'm not deeply emotionally invested here...yet. I'm not trying to file complaints. I just think that there has probably been more outreach in the past which may be why people are confused about why the more recent newbies are confused. Therefore, I'm just listing the facts of what happened to me as a relative newcomer so people can see where stuff broke down. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work--I only know my own experience.

To the point that some people have made as to what any new person really needs to know about the stuff happening above our pay grade: it is really helpful to know that there is a skeleton crew and that there are some distractions right now and that's why newcomer outreach is worse than usual (I mean, I hope this isn't usual ;) ). That the issues may be administrative on paper, but when major changes are being made people are going to get stressed out (because we're human) so sorry if some of that is spilling over. Don't panic--this, too, shall pass. That it's worth it for us to keep doing my IP (I mean, right now some of us are legitimately unsure because some of the rumors make it sound like shutdown is imminent in 3, 2, 1...) and that guidance is there for us if we need it.

@Brick, I'm not sure the IP team is functioning beyond you, or if it is who's doing what may need to be updated on the IP part of the website? I got absolutely no reply to my initial "Hey, I've started my journal" PM, and I haven't sent out others to other people because I'm assuming you all are busy because of stuff going on. I just kind of put that all on hold for the moment until things blew over. I'm listening to/reading the materials and writing, but am not polishing and posting because I don't have the foggiest if we even have an entirely functional IP team right now or, as I said above, if it's worth it because will TOTJO continue to exist (and will the people who made me want to be here still be here?). I see Kit stepped down today and so I'm sure more reshuffling of duties will happen. It's cool, I'm waiting it out, but I'm just observing it doesn't necessarily appear to be functioning as normal.

Not having a working application for a while also left newcomers in limbo. Again, I understand stuff breaks and needs to be fixed, and that it appears to be working again now, but it's one more thing that leads to not-the-smoothest introduction for newcomers at the moment.

Perhaps people can see where this combination of things makes it looks a little more chaotic and unwelcoming for new people right now than it may have been when you joined, and why we might therefore kind of want to know what's going on.


I got caught up in a lot of stuff and forgot my mission here, I'm sorry Asakura though we have had some good conversations in the chat, which I chill in when I can but I'm here for Pm's and stuff if you need; I still feel like I got some stuff to do still but, I failed in my duties and for that I must apologize to you all.

Seppuku is an option should you say the word (*removes button up kneels on floor, grabs scissors, students are staring at me so an answer soon would be good. ) :)

"Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal"-Immortal Technique

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: JLSpinner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Nami
  • Nami's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Aug 2017 16:31 #298977 by Nami
Replied by Nami on topic So i guess everyone is leaving..?

Brick wrote:

Asakura Shoji wrote: Special note no one from the IP team replied to the thread (noting that Brick replied via PM) except for Kobos, who posted today,


The IP Team has a document that your name gets added to when you start a Journal. Due to the fact that a lot of people start, but only a few continue, people are probably holding back a bit to make sure that newcomers are here for the 'long haul' as it were. That's maybe why you haven't heard directly from anyone yet.

I've set up a new thread regarding newcomers so as to not to derail this one further :) which can be found here


It's possible more people would be here for the long haul if people made them feel more welcome, if more people took an interest in them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 16:33 #298978 by Brick

Nami wrote:
It's possible more people would be here for the long haul if people made them feel more welcome, if more people took an interest in them.


I was thinking that as I typed it Nami :laugh:

I think there's probably a lot of truth in that.

That being said, in the time since you joined there have been over 150 accounts created, thats a lot of people for us to interact with :laugh:

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick