RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2775 by
Replied by on topic Re:RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
When I was staying in the hospital recently with relative I noticed something. There were nurse aids, licensed vocational nurses (LVN), registered nurses (RN) and even nurse practitioners who could write prescriptions.

When a shunt seemed to be leaking the nurse (an LVN) had to get another nurse (the RN) to come check it since she was not qualified or allowed to do that procedure.

That’s four types of nurses with four different titles in a routine day but the Hell with it.

They are all health care professionals’; right?

So let’s just forget about those troublesome distinctions and not even have doctor, surgeon, nurse, respiratory therapist, ophthalmologist ….

Let’s just call all of them health care professionals (HCP’s) and save all the bother.

Br. John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2776 by
I'd say we fix it so as not to be concidered a extention of a church, that not all members believe in, which is why I suggested something more generalized. Is it broke, no not for a Christian or Catholic church, but for a Jedi Temple, I don't feel it fits well, and by name alone, because of pretenses, implies that one has power over another. Pope over archbishop, archbishop over bishop, and so on. Further more in that church, when it comes to anything to do with the church, it implies that the clergy member has the final say over the members, something I don't believe we intend, but could easily be construed as such, simply by name alone.

Regardless, I believe that I've said enough on this matter, as have you Br. Tom, it seems as though most members are waiting on a victor in this discussion to get behind, so I will voice no further opinion, untill I feel that enough of the members have voiced theirs, and not simply reiterated mine or yours. Do please remember, this is by no means an attack on you or your beliefs, I simply just feel it should be more generalized, or not at all.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2777 by
Br. John wrote:

When I was staying in the hospital recently with relative I noticed something. There were nurse aids, licensed vocational nurses (LVN), registered nurses (RN) and even nurse practitioners who could write prescriptions.

When a shunt seemed to be leaking the nurse (an LVN) had to get another nurse (the RN) to come check it since she was not qualified or allowed to do that procedure.

That’s four types of nurses with four different titles in a routine day but the Hell with it.

They are all health care professionals’; right?

So let’s just forget about those troublesome distinctions and not even have doctor, surgeon, nurse, respiratory therapist, ophthalmologist ….

Let’s just call all of them health care professionals (HCP’s) and save all the bother.

Br. John

Br. John, how is it that you can so easily put into words that which I cannot, LOL. Thank you for this wisdom.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2778 by
With all due respect Br. John, I agree, lets do away with it all together. Otherwise, the ones I suggested before, still have a heirarchy of experience, that correlates with Jedi type titles, therefore, would still serve the purpose of the distinct experience levels of the clergy.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2779 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

With all due respect Br. John, I agree, lets do away with it all together. Otherwise, the ones I suggested before, still have a heirarchy of experience, that correlates with Jedi type titles, therefore, would still serve the purpose of the distinct experience levels of the clergy.

DK

Again, they are not one in the same. Jedi experience does not denote experience as Clergy. To simply do away with them and replace it with one name would be like changing all the distinctions in the hospital to simply health care professional. How would they then know who was qualified to do what? That is what he is saying.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2786 by
A thought on optional Jediism Clergy names.

Jedi High Cleric=Archbishop
Sr. Jedi Cleric=Bishop
Jedi Cleric=Rev.

or
High Cleric=Archbishop
Sr. Cleric=Bishop
Cleric=Rev.

These keep the titles Jedi specific and still denote the levels within the clergy, but all can be referred to as Rev. during conversation with no disrespect intended whatsoever or concern for addressing the right person the right way. You could easily use them when writting your rank and clergy level without any confusion too, i.e.,

Sr Jedi Knight/Sr Jedi Cleric
or
Sr Jedi Knight/Sr Cleric

The titles still carry the same duties and responsibility, but are not leaning towards any particular other religions titles which seems to be the ongoing conflict. There is no confusion that one carries more responsibility than the other and doesn't get confused with the Jedi ranking system and their levels of authority either. I've been following this thread and have commented on it before, but this is just my offer for how to deal with it. It is just a suggestion to deal with the subject at hand.

Awaiting comments and suggestions.....

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2788 by
Now were are talking about a workable solution. however, there really is no arch-bishop. and we should leave the word Jedi out of it as in your second example. But This would allow for the necessary distinctions. I still stand by not needing to change it, but were it to change, i would not argue with this style of system, save that it would be unclear to those who are not jedi what these really mean. so we lose that sort of universality of the current distinctions used.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2791 by
So then High Cleric would equal Bishop. But I still dont see a need for a change.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2792 by
Here was what I suggested:

Non Clergy -- - Clergy
Master Jedi - Master Jedi Cleric
Sr. Jedi Knight - Sr. Jedi Knight Cleric (or just Sr. Jedi Cleric)
Jedi Knight - Jedi Knight Cleric (or just Jedi Cleric)
Jedi Apprentice - Jedi Cleric Apprentice
Jedi Initiate - Jedi Cleric Initiate (though I don't believe someone should be ordained until they are atleast an apprentice)

These represent those who do not choose to be Clergy, and those who do, They separate those with more responsibility, seniority, knowledge, experience or whatever for both for Clergy and Non Clergy. It makes distinct separation for either, and makes it quite easy to discern who to go to if you need someone for a Clergy matter, regardless of the level you need to talk to. And under no circumstance, should Jedi be left out. First and foremost, everyone of us should be a Jedi, and if your not a Jedi, you should not be any sort of member of Jediism Clergy. By denying what we are, Jedi, we are selling ourselves short. You can be a Jedi and a member of the Clergy, by taking the term Jedi out of it, it would seem you have to choose one or the other. Just some more thoughts.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2795 by
But it does not show who is capable of what as Clergy. remember Dhagon, They are seperate.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi