RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy

  • Serric
  • Serric's Avatar
  • Guest
31 May 2007 01:32 #2758 by Serric
Replied by Serric on topic RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
In any other capacity I would agree. But look at it from this point of view: I as a soldier know of the limits of my training. I also can sense the knowledge of others around me. Sometimes I have more, sometimes they do. Sometimes those that do not still outrank me. Now take all that to just mean that sometimes there are those that have more training than others, and those that are simply in positions of (and I hate to use \"this\" word) power. We owe them the respect of their appointed offices and or positions. I have had spititual debates with clergy members in the past, but did not falter to refer to them by their titles. I kind of agree with the whole \"on the same level\" thing, but you also has to understand that there are those that are more versed and further trained that others sometimes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2007 02:38 #2759 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
Up until now I`ve heard a lot about experience, levels, ranks, titles, knowledge... . What about spirituality? What about the depth of spirituality that any of these positions incorporates? The more the position takes on responsability the more spiritually firm the person has to be, and the more its members can look to the Rev., Bishop, Archbishop for guidance. In this way those with clerical orders become a gift, and not a burden. This does in no way however exclude the depth of spirituality of its members, or that they may not be consulted. No, it just means that the Bishop... are public points of reference.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Serric
  • Serric's Avatar
  • Guest
31 May 2007 02:54 #2760 by Serric
Replied by Serric on topic RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
Exactly brother. Good point. We do not hoard these titles over the other members for there are Jedi that simply choose not to attain a position within the clergy, and nor does it give us any ranking over anyone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Br. Shaun FDC
  • Br. Shaun FDC's Avatar
  • Guest
31 May 2007 14:06 #2765 by Br. Shaun FDC
Replied by Br. Shaun FDC on topic RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
Hi, this whole ranking thing, is somewhat tiresome, and we appear to have raped and pillaged the Catolic faith for their titles, I could be wrong, but people are running around with \"Rankings\" of Bishop, or Monsignor. Why not create a generic brand for our titles. Initiate, for those who have yet to find a Master, Apprentice for those who have a Master, Knight for those who have completed their training, and then Master for those that have taken and completed the training of an Apprentice? Why do we have to take the titles from other religions when we are supposed to be a separate entity from other religions?
Just a thought.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Twsoundsoff
  • Twsoundsoff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
31 May 2007 14:17 #2766 by Twsoundsoff
Replied by Twsoundsoff on topic RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
Br. Shaun wrote:

Hi, this whole ranking thing, is somewhat tiresome, and we appear to have raped and pillaged the Catolic faith for their titles, I could be wrong, but people are running around with \"Rankings\" of Bishop, or Monsignor. Why not create a generic brand for our titles. Initiate, for those who have yet to find a Master, Apprentice for those who have a Master, Knight for those who have completed their training, and then Master for those that have taken and completed the training of an Apprentice? Why do we have to take the titles from other religions when we are supposed to be a separate entity from other religions?
Just a thought.


Those rankings are the ones used to designate our development as Jedi. This discussion is regarding that of CLERGY.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2007 14:58 #2767 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
These rankings are not specifically Roman Catholic, but also to be found in the Anglican, Evangelical, Orthodox, Mormon, Baptist, Old Catholic... traditions.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Dhagon Krayt
  • Dhagon Krayt's Avatar
  • Guest
31 May 2007 17:04 #2768 by Dhagon Krayt
Replied by Dhagon Krayt on topic RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
All of which are based on one thing, the Bible. I'm not here to discuss the validity of said book, but it all comes from the same place, the differences there are points of view and interpretations of the words. My point it, it needs to be more Jedi specific or a generic term that doesn't take strictly from one set of beliefs. I wouldn't ask you all to make me Jedi Knight Sage, because I believe in Taoism, and people with the most experience in it are refered to as sage. Which is why I recommended Cleric, and the slight differences in title that I did, it is both a generic term used by nearly all spiritualities, yet Jedi specific, because no other religion uses the term directly in titles or designations. Do I object that they come from Christianity, yes, but not because its Christianity, but because it is pulled from one basic set of beliefs, I would object to Rabbi, or Imam as well and with just as much enthusiasm.

Br. John, I did recommend some titles, I'm not sure what page they are, but I can't figure out how to quote from them with out going out of this message to do it, it should be in this thread somewhere.

DK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Dhagon Krayt
  • Dhagon Krayt's Avatar
  • Guest
31 May 2007 17:07 #2769 by Dhagon Krayt
Replied by Dhagon Krayt on topic RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
John, it is currently on page four, my sugestions for named ranks of clergy. Something I still don't believe to be absolutely necessary, but seemingly wanted by the majority.

DK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Twsoundsoff
  • Twsoundsoff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
31 May 2007 17:19 #2771 by Twsoundsoff
Replied by Twsoundsoff on topic RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

All of which are based on one thing, the Bible. I'm not here to discuss the validity of said book, but it all comes from the same place, the differences there are points of view and interpretations of the words. My point it, it needs to be more Jedi specific or a generic term that doesn't take strictly from one set of beliefs. I wouldn't ask you all to make me Jedi Knight Sage, because I believe in Taoism, and people with the most experience in it are refered to as sage. Which is why I recommended Cleric, and the slight differences in title that I did, it is both a generic term used by nearly all spiritualities, yet Jedi specific, because no other religion uses the term directly in titles or designations. Do I object that they come from Christianity, yes, but not because its Christianity, but because it is pulled from one basic set of beliefs, I would object to Rabbi, or Imam as well and with just as much enthusiasm.

Br. John, I did recommend some titles, I'm not sure what page they are, but I can't figure out how to quote from them with out going out of this message to do it, it should be in this thread somewhere.

DK


You see they are not used here with any connection of that kind whatsoever, and we know that. No where in the Bible does it lay down what these designations are nor is it spoken about at all in this manner. I do not believe the word Bishop is even in the Bible. They were created by man.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Twsoundsoff
  • Twsoundsoff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
31 May 2007 17:25 #2773 by Twsoundsoff
Replied by Twsoundsoff on topic RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
Twsoundsoff wrote:

Dhagon Krayt wrote:

All of which are based on one thing, the Bible. I'm not here to discuss the validity of said book, but it all comes from the same place, the differences there are points of view and interpretations of the words. My point it, it needs to be more Jedi specific or a generic term that doesn't take strictly from one set of beliefs. I wouldn't ask you all to make me Jedi Knight Sage, because I believe in Taoism, and people with the most experience in it are refered to as sage. Which is why I recommended Cleric, and the slight differences in title that I did, it is both a generic term used by nearly all spiritualities, yet Jedi specific, because no other religion uses the term directly in titles or designations. Do I object that they come from Christianity, yes, but not because its Christianity, but because it is pulled from one basic set of beliefs, I would object to Rabbi, or Imam as well and with just as much enthusiasm.

Br. John, I did recommend some titles, I'm not sure what page they are, but I can't figure out how to quote from them with out going out of this message to do it, it should be in this thread somewhere.

DK


You see they are not used here with any connection of that kind whatsoever, and we know that. No where in the Bible does it lay down what these designations are nor is it spoken about at all in this manner. I do not believe the word Bishop is even in the Bible. They were created by man.


As such they are words, and this allows us to use them as any other religion does. I must say again, if it isnt broke, why fix it? To make it unique? We are unique already, changing this wont make it any more so.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero