RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2744 by
Replied by on topic Re:RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
Whiteknight wrote:

You could for the clergy, concerning the use of Cleric, drop the Jedi part.

So for example you would have a Cleric Apprentice instead of a Jedi Apprentice and so on.

That would make it awefully difficult to put down. \"Cleric apprentice Jedi Apprentice Yurnamehere?\" thats a mouthfull

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2745 by
Of course there would be a difference with which clergy person had more responsibility and such, which would go along with their rank as well. Besides, I though the point of separete designators for Clergy was to Identify them as people who are Clergy, not saying I'm a higher clergy than this guy, because I do more clergy related things than he/she does. If anything it should be so people would know who to contact for counseling and possible ceremonies and such.

As far as reaching others, I agree it needs to be accesible, but this isn't winning souls. All we need to do is get the word out, so people can come here for themselves to see if they like it. If they do, when they get into it, it wouldn't be hard to discern who was clergy and who wasn't. People who are typically looking for a different religion or what not, are not looking for a carbon copy, they are looking for something completely separate, something Jedi. Besides, all clergy are going to be performing pretty much the same functions, except for maybe senior clergy teaching junior clergy methods and such. And if there are certain functions like only certain ceremonies that only senior clergy can reside over. I'd really like if we got some more insight on this, than just yours and mine.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2746 by
Of course there would be a difference with which clergy person had more responsibility and such, which would go along with their rank as well. Besides, I though the point of separete designators for Clergy was to Identify them as people who are Clergy, not saying I'm a higher clergy than this guy, because I do more clergy related things than he/she does. If anything it should be so people would know who to contact for counseling and possible ceremonies and such.

As far as reaching others, I agree it needs to be accesible, but this isn't winning souls. All we need to do is get the word out, so people can come here for themselves to see if they like it. If they do, when they get into it, it wouldn't be hard to discern who was clergy and who wasn't. People who are typically looking for a different religion or what not, are not looking for a carbon copy, they are looking for something completely separate, something Jedi. Besides, all clergy are going to be performing pretty much the same functions, except for maybe senior clergy teaching junior clergy methods and such. And if there are certain functions like only certain ceremonies that only senior clergy can reside over. I'd really like if we got some more insight on this, than just yours and mine.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2747 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

DK

Tired of hearing from me Huh? lol.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2748 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

DK

You can't possibly see this church as a carbon copy of any other. can you?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2750 by
Not exactly no, but there are things that are, which is why we should strive to get away from those, and do our own thing, thats how Jediism basically started, atleast for me.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2751 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

Not exactly no, but there are things that are, which is why we should strive to get away from those, and do our own thing, thats how Jediism basically started, atleast for me.

DK

Is it that you find issue with it being borrowed from Christianity?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2754 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

DK

I value your opinion - what do you suggest?

Br. John

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #2755 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
I personally do not find it difficult to accept and respect the clerical titles. These are titles to which I can fully relate (due to their duties, responsabilities, carisma, vocation). For me the essential word is vocation. They certainly are not levels of for example military command which have to fulfilled or not. We are not present to execute duties, but are ther to live and let live. They are a simultaneous calling (from the Force) and response (from a Jedi), involving the perons faith, hopes, body, spirit, mind, visions and hopes. It is something very personal and at the same time administrative. If someone saw this as being destructive to the unity, then that observer is missing out the fact that this human potential to profile him/herself can be done in any situation. Superiority traits can be found amongst those in the most basic of social occupations.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #2756 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
The titles I am talking about are Rev., Bishop and Arch-Bishop.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi