IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Initiate Programme Update
If you began your studies before the 5th June then please see this post .
What hasn't changed?
The content. The content is exactly the same as it was before and the number and amount of lessons hasn't changed.
What has changed?
The wording of all of the lessons and articles has changed to be more concise and consistent.
The structure of the programme has changed.
What is the new structure?
- Exercise 1: Following Instructions
- Exercise 2: Introductions and Journals
- Exercise 3: Self Help and Research
- Exercise 4: Basic Studies (Joseph Campbell, Alan Watts, Mc Taggart)
- Exercise 5: World Religions
- Exercise 6: Personal Tools
- Exercise 7: Breakdown
- Exercise 8: Essays
- Exercise 9: I'm Finished
- Exercise 10: Patience
- Introduction (Includes 'Following Instructions' + 'Introductions and Journals' + 'Self Held and Research')
- Lesson 1: Myth (joseph Campbell work as before)
- Lesson 2: The Self (Alan Watts 'The Book' work as before)
- Lesson 3: Meditation ('Alan Watts on Meditation' work as before)
- Lesson 4: The Field ('Lynne McTaggart The Field' work as before, now includes disclaimer)
- Lesson 5: Temple Doctrine
- Exercise 1: Three Tenets
- Exercise 2: The Code
- Exercise 3: The Creed
- Exercise 4: The 16 Teachings
- Exercise 5: The 21 Maxims
- Lesson 6: World Religions
- Part 1 - Abrahamism
- Part 2 - Atheism
- Part 3 - Buddhism
- Part 4 - Hinduism
- Part 5 - Paganism
- Lesson 7: Personal Tools
- Exercise 1: Didactics
- Exercise 2: Semantics
- Exercise 3: Etiquette
- Lesson 8: Jediism Essays (as before)
- Conclusion (Includes 'I'm Finished' + 'Patience')
What should I do if I am already doing the IP?
Obviously the lesson titles you are using no longer match up to the lesson titles being used now. This is not a big problem, you can either continue to use the titles from the old list above or, when you do your next lesson, begin using the titles from the new list above.
As long as you use either one or the other (or write both for good measure) and label the material that you are studying clearly then the Knights and Training Masters will be able to look through your journal easily and no one will be confused.
People have asked whether this is the proof the Temple uses when it claims a belief in The Force. We do not take this material as literal fact but as a potential explanation for the existence of something that connects and binds the universe.
I do like the new format, though. Very much. Thanks! This will be very helpful for now.
Vesha wrote: The Essays are numbered 1 2 3 4 6 7, please fix.
In fact we were missing 4 of them, because I hadn't double-checked that one
That has now been fixed and the same number of essays and in the same order as before.