IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Initiate Programme Update

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 2 months ago #137058 by ren
except Jestor is wrong, and should know that the two most important documents on this site, the doctrine and the faq, were not changed step by step, and those two changed document would not exist had we ever tried to get step-by-step council-approved design. When I made you editor to update the FAQ, I was fine with letting you edit the master one bit at a time... Mark had asked that the master remain intact and that we vote. In the end Mark forgot about his own demands and we let the new faq through because there was no doubt it was better than the old one... I'll let you look at the doctrine update thread yourself to see how I went about it... Didn't take months or years, although unlike the IP I didn't have to make people read the material.

the council is a committee, and those are good for case studies, gathering new ideas etc. not at designing an efficient/beautiful system. The easiest way to keep everyone happy is to never do anything.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #137059 by Zenchi
It's impossible trying to make everyone happy and everything changes with time...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Zenchi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #137138 by
I am happy with both systems. Cause they are both relevant. I do not think one has more of a benefit as the other. The greater lesson here is that resolving an issue quickly and harmoniously is more important as the issue in and of itself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #138143 by
I was away for a while due to personal issues, but now I'm back. Should I just start over again?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #138220 by

Minerva wrote: I was away for a while due to personal issues, but now I'm back. Should I just start over again?

No, the content remains the same :)

The order is the same too, except some of the lessons were broken up into separate ones. Just continue on from wherever you were, if it turns out that you hadn't done a lesson (by accident) then we'll let you know when you submit your work :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #138324 by
More content! :woohoo:

Lesson 4 which was previously entitled 'The Field' is now entitled 'Connections' and now has two different parts. Only one part is required to complete the lesson, an alternative to 'The Field' was added which is called 'Mindwalk'.

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/component/content/article/46-initiate/1879

To complete this lesson ('Connections') you can do either the part entitled 'Mindwalk' or the part entitled 'The Field'. You may do both if you wish but only completing one part is required for completing the lesson.

*Disclaimer*

People have asked whether this is the proof the Temple uses when it claims a belief in The Force. We do not take this material as literal fact but as a potential explanation for the existence of something that connects and binds the universe.

Mindwalk

Please watch the material 'Mindwalk' and write a few paragraphs on your understanding of the content and what the message or purpose of the material is. We strongly suggest you make notes as you go along.

Mindwalk - (video)

The film 'Mindwalk' is based on the book 'The Turning Point by Fritjof Capra' which is available in text and can be done as an alternative to the film.

Fritjof Capra - The Turning Point (text)

The Field

Please listen or read the material "The Field by Lynne McTaggart" and write a few paragraphs on your understanding of the content and what the message or purpose of the material is. A chapter by chapter analysis is not required. We strongly suggest you make notes as you go along.

Lynne McTaggart - The Field (audio), (text)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149166 by
Another update!

The council is happy to announce that the ip has been expanded a little! :)

A lesson 0 has been added .

And an alternative part to meditation has been added (Krishnamurti video).

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/component/content/article/46-initiate/2066

(The formatting errors will be fixed shortly)

Why?

Well the temple structure is actually from the seminary training and that is being updated and so we decided to move it into the ip. Members of the temple ought to understand the structure of their temple.
Why lesson 0? Well this lesson should come before most others and we either had it at the end or the beginning. But we don't want to have to adjust all the other lessons by 1 making campbell lesson 2 and so on, so this is the easiest way of doing it. If there is ever a big update again then that is when that sort of thing will be done if ever.

Why Krishnamurti? Well he is as good as Watts, perhaps better, and he talks about similar things. Having a very similar alternative offers a little choice, some people do not like Watts and it would be a shame if they dild not get the most out of the meditation lesson because of that.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149172 by
Damn. I saw the word "Krishnamurti" and thought he'd replaced McTaggart.

We live in hope.. :whistle:

Otherwise, this looks like a couple of great additions, thank you Akkarin.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 10 months ago #149173 by ren

Why lesson 0? Well this lesson should come before most others

Structure of the order should come first? Have you guys gone completely barking mad?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor, Lykeios Little Raven

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149174 by

ren wrote:

Why lesson 0? Well this lesson should come before most others

Structure of the order should come first? Have you guys gone completely barking mad?

About a minute ago I actually added a line saying that they may begin at another lesson and revisit this at a later date.

But yes, it would help if they knew how stuff worked, who the council were, the clergy etc. This is the same as asking them to read the faq before they begin, and many of the links lead to the faq.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi