IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Initiate Programme Update

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149208 by
Well we can ask people in a couple of months who have completed the lesson and see what they think. If it is such a terrible decision then we can reverse it and delete this lesson.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 10 months ago #149210 by Jestor

ren wrote:

By knowing that Knights are there to help answer their questions, that it is their JOBS here at TOTJO, then, they know that it "isnt a bother"...

this was already in the IP introduction, at least the one I made. And all this stuff is in the FAQ...

Ok, well, Idont think so, cause I went looking...

Not in the IP that is... Or I couldnt find it, and I went looking today for it to respond to you about it being a lesson, but one that no post was required for... I believe you removed that request when you combined the first three 'lessons'...

Lesson One was about making a journal...
Lesson two was about structure...

And I think Campbell was three, right?

And, as you said, and I agreed they (people) gloss over the IP if they read it at all...

To remove that option, to make it a lesson, means they know who to go to for what, and then they cant complain about not knowing who to go to for what...

I am actually considering changing the Member to Initiate requirement from Campbell's Hero to the Structure posts...

As it is now the first lesson...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
9 years 10 months ago #149211 by Jestor

Akkarin wrote: Well we can ask people in a couple of months who have completed the lesson and see what they think. If it is such a terrible decision then we can reverse it and delete this lesson.

And all without another renumber...;)

lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 10 months ago #149213 by MCSH
Campbell was 4

lesson three was introduction I think... - I have it in my archives can look it up

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
9 years 10 months ago #149236 by Llama Su
Positive to have some foundation to the order structure. Not that I felt there was not... The structure order was subtle...
I see nothing but addition to the understanding of the doctrine, and our place...
Additional lessons help to better strength the foundation, order, and structure...
Thank you, for I, am one who intends to complete the additional courses, even though I am passed the IP...
Nothing wrong with being up to date with our program...

More Jedi force training please... :laugh:
The whole library has so much to offer to, as well.... :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 10 months ago #149249 by ren
I'm not sure... I haven't looked at the old IP in a long time, even the introduction of the IP I was working on is what, 2, 3 years old now?

I'm pretty sure something was said about who is in charge of what before, as some time ago, someone had complained about you (Jestor) posting in their journal... They pointed out that the forum says journals are not discussion forums, so we had to clarify....

Lots of things are "special circumstances", or details that can be worked out when the time arises. Minors aren't "proper" members but are treated as such. And I don't know how you've done it for Sajjad, but I'm sure officially in the US TOTJO did not educate him or issue him with a degree (due to US/iran sanctions), but officiously he got rank anyway.

My observation is that the IP should be religious education and nothing more. Putting that exercise zero is imo putting additional emphasis on the organizational aspect, even though there is already more than enough of that when it comes to ranks.

I mean, just look at what's happened to clergy lately. It used to be the VP would administer clergy. Now there's no VP, only a pastor. The pastor, who is supposed to "oversee the spiritual welfare of the congregation" now has an associate pastor, an assistant pastor, and two secretaries.
In other words, more structure. And that structure is used for... meetings. And debating about putting exercises about structure in the IP, right after the novice has had to read a long intro that's been banging on about having to read the even-longer FAQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eosrujtjJHA

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149268 by
Ren you can complain all you want about lots of this new structure etc, but why don't you consider that actually a lot has been done and is in the process of being done because of it. Updates are beipng implemented it isn't just lots of talk.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 10 months ago #149269 by ren
I'm not complaining about the structure, I'm complaining about the focus that is being put on it.

"This structure represents your future here. Please learn it. Now prove to us you understand it. Congratulations! Call 555-JESTOR and claim your free rank!"
It just feels a bit cult-ish sort of wrong.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su

More
9 years 10 months ago #149271 by Wescli Wardest
An online degree is an academic degree (usually a college degree, but sometimes the term includes high school diplomas and non-degree certificate programs) that can be earned primarily or entirely through the use of an Internet-connected computer, rather than attending courses on a traditional campus. Improvements in technology, the increasing use of the Internet worldwide, and the need for people to have flexible school schedules while they are working have led to a proliferation of online institutions that award associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees.

The goal of educational accreditation, according to the United States Department of Education, is to ensure that programs provided by institutions of higher education meet acceptable levels of quality. ENQA, the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education, describes the role of external quality assurance in education as one that "combines both accountability for the reassurance of the public and an objective and developmental role for enhancing quality in institutions".

Where I am not certain of TotJO’s accreditation, it does not mean that either the degree is invalid or do any of the laws state that online courses be registered to participants place of residence. Educational requirements in the US are not restricted by age (limit being set for minimum age requirement) and only age caps are imposed on those that would attend public education centers of primary or remedial education. (meaning a thirty year old is not allowed to attend middle school classes in the facility)

Accreditation is a process in which certification of competency, authority, or credibility is presented.
Organizations that issue credentials or certify third parties against official standards are themselves formally accredited by accreditation bodies; hence they are sometimes known as "accredited certification bodies". The accreditation process ensures that their certification practices are acceptable, typically meaning that they are competent to test and certify third parties, behave ethically and employ suitable quality assurance.

This happen to actually be a subject I know some about being as I home school my daughter and her courses are accredited.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Llama Su

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
9 years 10 months ago #149274 by Jestor
Well, I'm a bit disappointed that I got a phone number to give away rank, and really, i don't give them away...

I do accept bribes... Why give something like that away when I can get people to lavish me in cookies?

Pffftttt,...

Anyway, Ren, there was no structure, and NOBODY was staying...

When I joined, other than John, no regular members had more than a month or twos service....

We got the structure (ranks) built, and retention started increasing...

And getting that ironed out took forever too.... lol...

I'll say again, with a slight adjustment....

The staff [the structure], is here to support the student, who is doing the IP, to support their belief...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi