BBC News - "Have Jedis created a new religion?"

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 1 month ago #183773 by Jestor
Different sites, different levels of the fiction are looked at...

We are overall pretty unobservant of the fiction...

If you need another voice, person, id be happy to help... If not, I'll sit in my corner and watch, lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183775 by
Hello! If you require a voice from an outside Temple of the Jedi Order perspective (I attend several communities not just this one) I am happy to be of service.

I am one of the Organizers/Co-organizers of offline Jedi gatherings and was part of the American Jedi documentary.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #183779 by RyuJin
i can't speak for everyone...or for totjo...just myself

the fiction has almost no influence from my perspective...none, zippo, el zilcho, nada...while i may on occasion quote something from the fiction it is simply out of convenience.

do some orders actually still try to incorporate "midi-chlorians"?...haven't they figured out that those are purely fiction...mitochondria are what the fiction was inspired from...and mitochondria are real...oh well.

i think that if you submitted a list of questions here you would get loads of responses.

we do have some members in germany that may be of interest and help.

best of luck on your phd :)

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
9 years 1 month ago #183785 by Edan

RyuJin wrote: the fiction has almost no influence from my perspective...none, zippo, el zilcho, nada...while i may on occasion quote something from the fiction it is simply out of convenience.

Same here.

There are many religions that have had an influence on my perspective, but the star wars fictional one isn't included, which is probably the opposite of what you'd expect.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183795 by

Edan wrote:

RyuJin wrote: the fiction has almost no influence from my perspective...none, zippo, el zilcho, nada...while i may on occasion quote something from the fiction it is simply out of convenience.

Same here.

There are many religions that have had an influence on my perspective, but the star wars fictional one isn't included, which is probably the opposite of what you'd expect.

Personally, I really like some of the fictional Jedi philosophy, but I think it's more important for us to look at the sources that inspired those philosophies, which I think we do pretty well 'round these parts. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183805 by

RyuJin wrote: i can't speak for everyone...or for totjo...just myself

the fiction has almost no influence from my perspective...none, zippo, el zilcho, nada...while i may on occasion quote something from the fiction it is simply out of convenience.

Fiction was EVERYTHING for me and was THE source of influence for my path. It was and is my inspiration and I hold to many teachings within the fiction.

do some orders actually still try to incorporate "midi-chlorians"?...haven't they figured out that those are purely fiction...mitochondria are what the fiction was inspired from...and mitochondria are real...oh well.

The idea of Midi-chlorians was disgarded and scoffed at years and years and years ago XD that was one source of fiction that stayed in the fiction.

But yea. Not trying to argue...Just showing there is two sides to one coin :) Fiction was a huge influence to the Jedi Path. We did, after all, start out as a group of Role Players. It was only until later AFTER The path was developed with online websites and groups that people who were not star wars fans or influanced by star wars could still find us and join based on the communities presentations.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183809 by
Still being newer here (I only joined last August) I originally drew lots of inspiration from the fiction but that has started to become less and less important to me. I will never deny that the fiction is what brought me here but I feel like I've spiritually outgrown reliance on it.

I still am very much a Star Wars fan, but it has less to do with my Jedi path. I like some of the symbols and phrases but I incorporate symbols and phrases from many places, some from other fictional sources and some from other religions.

Kitsu Tails wrote: The idea of Midi-chlorians was disgarded and scoffed at years and years and years ago XD that was one source of fiction that stayed in the fiction.

I'm glad to see that even Jedi that hold the fiction very close scoff at that. :laugh: It's my least favorite part of Episode one. Mee-sah hate it more than Jar-Jar. :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183810 by

Goken wrote: I'm glad to see that even Jedi that hold the fiction very close scoff at that. :laugh: It's my least favorite part of Episode one. Mee-sah hate it more than Jar-Jar. :P

It was simply ridiculous XD And goes against the grain of the force the force ideals.....NO idea what they were thinking. Fiction has many many many great resources of inspiration. But its easy to weed out Silliness from wisdom.....At least for me :-p I know that Real Jedi Knights kept the Mediclorians idea in their teachings though. Or did long ago

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #183812 by RyuJin
when i was a little kid vader was what attracted me to being jedi...i didn't see jedi and sith i saw light jedi and dark jedi...however that was as far as the fiction influenced me...my own research, experience, and journey is what lead me to where i am now....the fiction opened the door and stepped aside...i did the rest...

of course i am still a fan :woohoo:

mee-sah is looking muaymuay forward to the new fiction...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by RyuJin.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183814 by
I am still on the fence with the new star wars direction. I wish they would leave the gor'ram lightsabers alone and stop inventing these silly nonsense ones. A blaster saber? Seriously? :huh:

I believe I was quite the opposite though haha. I grew up around religion, thick, strict, going to hell if you stray off the path religion and did alot of religious research that all made me dislike "Faith" all together. It made me quite the outcast in highschool.....then I found Star Wars, watched the movies, read the books and found my faith. Went from outcast to popular table including our principle to listen to my ideas of Jedi and the Force XD