BBC News - "Have Jedis created a new religion?"

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 5 months ago #166760 by Jestor

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Jestor wrote:
SO, the "FAQ" of the Facebook page?

Which is a separate site?

Why would you have a temple of the Jedi order facebook page and mark it as.....separate? Facebook and website are one and the same is it not? Same members, same name, same disclaimers, same intent and purpose.....How is it a "Separate" site? Just...out of curiosity. Never heard of two temple of the jedi order "sites" before....

Edit: Sorry for the De-rail, i was genuinely curious...I usually use facebook as an advertising medium for GFC. Whenever GFC is updated or has something important done...It gets announced on facebook because Facebook is far more popular than website/forums these days and facebook announces on apps everywhere so, yea...anyways. :dry:

Ah, let me explain.... (As I understand things, I can be wrong, lol...)

Our 'front page' is our 'front door', the first interaction we have with those unfamiliar with us... WHo find us through the internet...

Our FAQ is our organizational "Frequently asked questions (i know you know what it means, trying to explain for readers) or who's who, whats what, and 'how do I's."

Facebook is like a advertisement, and promotional tool...

In case you are unaware, you do not have to come to totjo first, read our FAQ and front page before posting on our facebook... Which DOES have a lot more cosplayer action than the site itself...

Now totjo is at www.templeofthejediorder.org, and hosted on a server somewhere in Europe, if memory serves me...

our Facebook page is hosted on Facebook servers, and I think the address is www.facebook/templeofthejediorder.com

Which is a commercial site, thus the advertisers...

TOTJO Prime (i just like saying that, it is not an official thing) is a non-for profit that does not allow advertisements... Although, it seems some will slip in no matter what we do... They are not officially endorsed...

It is a tool to allow us to reach a greater audience, and let the world know we are out there...

Becasue no one has to come to TOTJO Prime to log into our facebook, the short "About us" is there, copied by me from our front page at the time 2-4 years ago...

It is a separate entity, that we do control, but realize facebook owns that address, trust me...;)

Any follow up, that I might have missed, please ask away...:)

++++++++++++
Steamboat...

This is gonna tick you off, and I apologize...

Do words mean things or not?

Does roleplayer offend YOU, but faggot should not offend a gay man?

I am just thoroughly confused...

Should I just take it as "what ever steamboat wants"? Cause then, words only mean things when steamboats says they do, and dont when steamboat says they dont"...

Yea, Im being a jerk, but trying to be that funny jerk that is showing you your hypocrisy...:)

You see the problem?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #166763 by steamboat28

Jestor wrote:
It is a separate entity, that we do control, but realize facebook owns that address, trust me...;)

No, it isn't. It's the same entity. That's what branding, marketing, and recognition are about. If it were truly a "separate entity", then they're abusing your trademarks without your consent. If this isn't the case, then they must be part of this site. That's how companies work. That's how Facebook pages for companies work. That's how marketing and branding work in the 21st century.

Jestor wrote: Do words mean things or not?

Jestor, it could be you've forgotten that there's literally an entire thread devoted to people who try to argue this point with me consistently . You're welcome to take your questions there so as not to have to scatter them across three or four threads.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by steamboat28.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
9 years 5 months ago #166773 by Jestor

steamboat28 wrote:

Jestor wrote:

No, it isn't. It's the same entity. That's what branding, marketing, and recognition are about. If it were truly a "separate entity", then they're abusing your trademarks without your consent. If this isn't the case, then they must be part of this site. That's how companies work. That's how Facebook pages for companies work. That's how marketing and branding work in the 21st century.

Per: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

2. Sharing Your Content and Information

You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings.

From my understanding.... Which I always allow can be wrong, lol...

By specifying I own the content, that says in a backwards sense, that I do NOT own the totjo Facebook page...

But, thats why lawyers make money, lol...

"I" being TOTJO... I do not own TOTJO in any way... Although I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night... :lol:...

But, ok, lets say I am wrong... (I am so easily led astray, lol...)

My statement of our basic "who we are" would still stand, as logging in through TOTJO Prime is not a requirement...

But, we do request our site rules be followed there as well as the Facebook rules... And they cannot be followed without being posted...

Ok, so does three instances make it a "over empahization" to you?

I am asking...

Jestor wrote: Do words mean things or not?

Jestor, it could be you've forgotten that there's literally an entire thread devoted to people who try to argue this point with me consistently . You're welcome to take your questions there so as not to have to scatter them across three or four threads.

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #166774 by steamboat28

Jestor wrote: Per: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms [/color]

Did you mean:

Facebook Pages TOS wrote: I. General
A. A Page for a brand, entity (place or organization), or public figure may be administered only by an authorized representative of that brand, entity (place or organization) or public figure (an “official Page”).

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by steamboat28.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
9 years 5 months ago #166778 by Jestor

steamboat28 wrote:

Jestor wrote: Per: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms [/color]

Did you mean:

Facebook Pages TOS wrote: I. General
A. A Page for a brand, entity (place or organization), or public figure may be administered only by an authorized representative of that brand, entity (place or organization) or public figure (an “official Page”).

Still doesnt say "owned by"...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166781 by
As I mentioned...I did mean to de-rail. I will speak with Br. John on this later tonight through PM as it is not important...nor the subject of this thread. I only know what I see countless other websites, communities and business do....and none of them treat their Facebook extension as "Separate" and merely an extension of the main body. One represents the other and what happens on one will influence the other, including disclaimers, rules, behaviors and structures. *bows*

More
9 years 5 months ago #166782 by steamboat28

Jestor wrote: Still doesnt say "owned by"...

OH! So you mean it's like the TOTJO documents that are ambiguous as to whether TOTJO is granted the copyright of our posts because it hosts them, or they actually assume ownership of them completely, leaving us with no rights?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
9 years 5 months ago #166785 by Jestor

Kitsu Tails wrote: As I mentioned...I did mean to de-rail. I will speak with Br. John on this later tonight through PM as it is not important...nor the subject of this thread. I only know what I see countless other websites, communities and business do....and none of them treat their Facebook extension as "Separate" and merely an extension of the main body. One represents the other and what happens on one will influence the other, including disclaimers, rules, behaviors and structures. *bows*

A slight derail of the derail, lol...

Please do...

While they might influence one another, totjo prime influences facebook more than the other way around...

But, my point was that it is two separate sites, you two ran with it...:)

And thus the reason the "rolepalyer" comment is repeated...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
9 years 5 months ago #166787 by Jestor

steamboat28 wrote:

Jestor wrote: Still doesnt say "owned by"...

OH! So you mean it's like the TOTJO documents that are ambiguous as to whether TOTJO is granted the copyright of our posts because it hosts them, or they actually assume ownership of them completely, leaving us with no rights?

TO some degree, yes, lol...

But again, I am going to say this is a derail, and not the point, lol...

YOu dont have to post here if the loss of your rights bothers you...

Same for us and facebook...;)

I see what you two are saying now...

Our Facebook page is an extension of us, but again, as it is NOT TIED TO THIS ENTITY, AND IS ON A SEPARATE entitiy, meaning you can access it without coming to the website (and seeing our about us), we felt the need to post the roleplayer thing there too...

WTF, lol, are you guys just TRYING To tie up my day?

SO, what about this?

Ok, so does three instances make it a "over empahization" to you?

I am asking...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

More
9 years 5 months ago #166788 by rugadd
So yeah, it was a fun article to read.

rugadd