BBC News - "Have Jedis created a new religion?"

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166332 by
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29753530

Another news article about Jediism, this time from the BBC, posted yesterday. Akkarin is mentioned and quoted! :cheer: (We all need to get autographs while we have the chance.)

It seemed to have the usual jokes and Star Wars references, but there was a good bit around the middle that I thought portrayed us well (particularly where Singler was involved).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166334 by

Darren wrote: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29753530

Another news article about Jediism, this time from the BBC, posted yesterday. Akkarin is mentioned and quoted! :cheer: (We all need to get autographs while we have the chance.)

It seemed to have the usual jokes and Star Wars references, but there was a good bit around the middle that I thought portrayed us well (particularly where Singler was involved).

It's a rather small segment of the rather large email I sent yesterday morning lol, it is however a pretty decent article all things considered.

More
9 years 5 months ago #166336 by Edan
I thought it was quite a thoughtful discussion, although the constant quoting from the films shows there is a long way to go before we will be considered a religion separated from the fiction..

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166341 by
They also got some of our history wrong :laugh:

It began as a joke at the expense of statisticians. In the UK's 2001 Census, 390,127 people - or 0.7% of the population

It...actually started way before that....Just...umm...shutting up now.... :whistle:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 5 months ago #166345 by ren
It certainly is a great improvement compared to what they normally publish.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166347 by
Good quote from Akkarin and nice to see a screenshot of the Temple landing page there.

The rest, as usual, curled my toes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166348 by

ren wrote: It certainly is a great improvement compared to what they normally publish.

hehe you mean like this one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1204829.stm

More
9 years 5 months ago #166352 by steamboat28

Edan wrote: I thought it was quite a thoughtful discussion, although the constant quoting from the films shows there is a long way to go before we will be considered a religion separated from the fiction..

I've said this pretty often before, but I don't think we ever will be. Not unless we change our name. And that's not a bad thing at all, honestly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Tarran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166355 by

steamboat28 wrote:

Edan wrote: I thought it was quite a thoughtful discussion, although the constant quoting from the films shows there is a long way to go before we will be considered a religion separated from the fiction..

I've said this pretty often before, but I don't think we ever will be. Not unless we change our name. And that's not a bad thing at all, honestly.

I agree Steam...I am not ashamed of the sources that gave inspiration to our path. The quotes and lessons within Star Wars will forever remain important to me. It saddens me that so many want to "Seperate" from the fiction.....yet continue to call themselves "Jedi." :(

More
9 years 5 months ago #166358 by Edan

Kitsu Tails wrote:

steamboat28 wrote:

I agree Steam...I am not ashamed of the sources that gave inspiration to our path. The quotes and lessons within Star Wars will forever remain important to me. It saddens me that so many want to "Seperate" from the fiction.....yet continue to call themselves "Jedi." :(

I'm not saying I want to forget about them, I just would rather they didn't quote Yoda everytime they talk about Jediism..

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran