• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #183817 by RyuJin
where was the blaster saber?

the cross guard saber existed in the original eu....

my family didn't press any religion on us, they allowed us to try various ones out and decide for ourselves...and as a d&d player and bell curve destroyer i was never allowed at the cool table :lol:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183820 by
The Animation Star Wars Rebels. The Blaster Saber is Ezera's build. He uses it in the last two episodes of the first season. As a story writer myself....I hate god modding and thing that are made of 'convenience' which is what Ezra's saber represents for me. He is an apprentice being trained by a lost apprentice so to make up for his lack of training he put a blaster on his saber build for convenience. Which not only only irks me as a story writer, but defeats from the purpose of hard training and self dicipline. Sith do things for convenience....not Jedi.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago #183821 by RyuJin
it could serve a utilitarian purpose in future episodes?

like the saber pistols pirates used during the height of piracy...

and considering one of disney's biggest attractions was pirate related, there is a historical precedence...

as they say:" necessity is the mother of innovation"

maybe in the future ezra will need both a blaster and a lightsaber and only have space to take a single weapon....luke carried both until return of the jedi (when he became a full fledged jedi) and even then he still wasn't above using one...nor was obi wan in attack of the clones...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #183822 by
Oh it was used for that purpose in the films :) I wont say more though as I don't want to spoil it. There are Jedi even in "The Jedi Path" that are Weapon Masters who specialize in blasters. The use of a blaster I have no issues with and think it is important to learn even in real life (With hand guns and Rifles ect ect. Conceal Carry Permit training) But combining the two together into one......Meh. BuuuuT now were off topic hahaha! :laugh:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183824 by
Wonderful. Lets use this momentum to attract people to here.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago #183828 by RyuJin
having read that, i now understand the how, and why...

it was built as compensation for lack of skill in another area...nothing wrong with that...and built out of scraps and junk...most jedi would have had access to better and more abundant material had the empire not been hunting them down...they would have also had much more training experience with training sabers...remember luke wasn't too good at deflecting blaster fire either...probably why he carried the blaster...

plus considering each saber is unique to the jedi that built it a wide variety in designs is understandable...he simply went against convention....which matches his training and experience...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ezra%27s_lightsaber

derail done...lol

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183832 by
To my mind if one is to genuinely accept the Force one would need to accept the real possibility that it (the Force) was using Lucas and the movies as a means to instigate the creation of the Jedii Religion, or something similar, in the real world. This being said Jedii distancing themselves from the movies themselves would be a bit like a Hindu distancing themselves from the Mahabharata, but then again these are the words of someone who is less than a neophyte in Jediism.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183834 by
.................Or, Lucas was meerly writing a story. ;) No need to make it more complicated than it likely is. Lucas even hints quite often that he was more trying to convert folks back to christianity and god since so many these days are 'straying off the path' and have lost faith in a higher source of power. He however, even to his own surprise, did quite the opposite XD Folks more lean towards the eastern and pagan faiths than to Christianity lol

More
9 years 1 month ago #183840 by Edan

Lone Starr wrote: This being said Jedii distancing themselves from the movies themselves would be a bit like a Hindu distancing themselves from the Mahabharata, but then again these are the words of someone who is less than a neophyte in Jediism.

The use of the word Jedi is very much an homage. In the IP we study the inspiration for the films, without studying the films themselves. We use the name as a way of saying that we see where that inspiration led.

There are other groups that have done similar things.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
9 years 1 month ago #183843 by rugadd
I don't know, Kitsu...a lightsaber is traditionally created to represent the Jedi who carries it and Ezra used that little stun sling shot the whole show. If you look at what is coming out of the saber when it is shot it is the same little balls of EMP but they take on the blue of his crystal and are more potent. Instead of annoying storm troopers, it n=knocks them out.

rugadd