Is this how Jedi should act?

More
6 years 4 months ago #308481 by OB1Shinobi
How should a jedi act when they feel theyve been insulted and misunderstood?

People are complicated.
The topic has been locked.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308482 by
Replied by on topic Is this how Jedi should act?
Look, I'm leaving. Can we lock this topic now?
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #308483 by thomaswfaulkner
There comes a time where we meet difficultly. I believe everyone here in the thread can feel the out pour of emotions that is radiating here. Let's take some time to self-reflect to process what is going on. Each username is linked directly to a living breathing person. My goal is not to take sides but to offer the thread a sliver of time to take some cycles of breaths before continuing on.

I have no power to convince you to stay, Nami. Use this "energy" to propel yourself to be the Jedi you wish to be. I rarely, if ever, dabble in conflicts or debates on the Temple because I know that it is not my place. I use this Temple as a platform to reach out to people and makes those connections. To lessen their causes of sufferings, even if that is just temporarily.

I will continue to wish all the Jedi here a Happy Friday. As brothers and sisters in the Force, may we learn to persevere and love one another the way we want to be loved. Breath in.........and breath out. :)

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by thomaswfaulkner.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308485 by
There is no love in this thread. I never intending to attack anyone. But people are only seeing what they want to see. I'm a terrible person. Zenchi is an angel. The OP doesn't know what the thread is supposed to be about. Seriously, can anyone answer my question about the membership thing?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308486 by

Nami wrote: There is no love in this thread. I never intending to attack anyone. But people are only seeing what they want to see. I'm a terrible person. Zenchi is an angel. The OP doesn't know what the thread is supposed to be about. Seriously, can anyone answer my question about the membership thing?

I was unaware anyone had said anything. We are Jedi. We view from both sides, not just blindly rush to one side or another. But you are beginning to antagonise yourself. I know you're better than that. We just wish to discuss the issue properly, rather than rush and create drama and tension,
much akin to what you came into this Temple to find. We are making a conscious effort to not let that happen again.
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #308487 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Is this how Jedi should act?
For the record:

I don't think you're a terrible person. I'm actually quite fond of you.

I do not think Zenchi is an angel (far from it).

I don't think that you don't know what the thread is supposed to be, I just didn't understand. The confusion was mine, which is why I asked you to clarify.

Erm, is Ren still the system admin? Or maybe Tellahane is the best person to ask as he's doing a lot of the tech stuff at present.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Brick.
More
6 years 4 months ago #308488 by Rosalyn J
Please speak with Madhatter regarding the rank

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #308515 by
I realize I'm late to the conversation here, but as a Security Officer I can tell you that more often than not, conflicts arise from miscommunication or misunderstandings. This certainly appears to be the case here, and as emotions escalate, the misunderstandings can continue to grow. Remember our Code. Emotion, yet Peace. We need to remain patient with each other.

In response to the original post, determining how a Jedi should act is a determination we all have to make as individuals, and the only behavior we can control is our own. Or, put another way, there is no standard to hold others to, only a standard we hold ourselves to. The Doctrine is a guide and it is one that all serious Jedi in this Temple try to follow, but we each bring our own past baggage to the interpretation of what it means to us.

Personally, I believe we should always seek to speak and act with compassion for others, but I also believe in being genuine above all else. I try to remain patient and caring with others, but if I am pissed off about something, I shouldn't try to hide those emotions or be fake for the sake of someone else's sensibilities. I may be judged harshly for being too blunt, mean, or angry, but that is the price I pay for being true to who I am. If that means I am less "Jedi" in the eyes of others, that is unfortunate, but it doesn't change the way I feel about my own personal Jedi path. I do what I believe is right for me while trying to be a good person toward others. I often fail at this, but when I get it right it is very rewarding. The trick is to keep trying everyday and not let small setbacks deter us from our goals of self improvement and building a compassionate community.

I hope this attempt to answer your original question is helpful, Nami. If not, please continue to ask and I'll try to clarify. I can't decide if this Temple and Path is right for you, but I do hope you stick around and consider what this place can offer to you even when it is a bit prickly at times.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .
More
6 years 4 months ago #308537 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Is this how Jedi should act?
I knew who it was with rather high confidence even without the name :D

Depends on the context, as it seems to be a segment in the middle of a convo, but if anyone has a complaint about a Knight then contacting Council might be better, or perhaps the Knight Secretary. Otherwise, a good idea might be to create a fictional yet equivalent example to achieve the same question if wanting to canvas a broader opinion.

Don't have time to address the OP right now though, sorry.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
  • ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 4 months ago #308655 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Is this how Jedi should act?
All issues relating to membership status should go to membership affairs, not the admins. Please read FAQs.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi