Is this how Jedi should act?

More
6 years 4 months ago #308468 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Is this how Jedi should act?

Nami wrote: My initial post said this: "I want to live a life of love and compassion and if this Temple doesn't do that, then I don't want to be associated with it." I never f'n deviated. Stop twisting this.

That is a statement. Not a question. The question you originally asked was 'Is this how jedi should act?'. We responded to that question.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The topic has been locked.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #308469 by
Replied by on topic Is this how Jedi should act?
I was talking about Jediism in general TO F***ING SEE IF I WANTED TO F***ING BE HERE.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by . Reason: Less profanity, please
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308470 by
I'm done.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308471 by
Remove me as a member.
More
6 years 4 months ago #308472 by Brick
Nami, I'm genuinely sorry if I've upset you. That is not, nor has it ever been, my intention.

Literally all I'm doing is asking what the actual question it is that you want people to answer?

Please don't let a misunderstanding between us, or even a disagreement with me, be your reason for leaving. If anything that should be a reason to stay (most people here disagree with me, half the time :laugh: )

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308473 by
I already clarified more than once. I wanted to know how Jedi are supposed to act. If they act with integrity like the doctrine says. I was led to believe that the doctrine didn't mean anything because of who wrote it. I started to doubt Jediism in general. SO I MADE THIS POST. I don't know how clearer I can get. Obviously, this isn't the place for me. If no one on this website can read.
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #308474 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Is this how Jedi should act?

Nami wrote: I already clarified more than once. I wanted to know how Jedi are supposed to act. If they act with integrity like the doctrine says. I was led to believe that the doctrine didn't mean anything because of who wrote it. I started to doubt Jediism in general. SO I MADE THIS POST. I don't know how clearer I can get. Obviously, this isn't the place for me. If no one on this website can read.

This thread is turning overly dramatic, time to put it to bed lol...

ironically enough this whole thing was started as a result of someone who was asking multiple questions regarding information which was right in front of them the whole time...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308475 by
In my intercultural communications class I've been learning about how to go about communicating with people from various cultures and not offend them. There are various things to keep in mind.

Are they high context or low context? High context is all about subtext, usually involves reading body language, and usually has a different meaning from what is being said. Low context is straightforward, little reading into needs to be done.

This feels like a misunderstanding of such a thing. Twas it blunt? Yes, but that is most likely how this person is. What they did wasn't wrong, just straightforward (which, TBH, is refreshing). They didn't mean to offend, they're just communicating a different way than you're used to.

As for the doctrine and all that, well... it only means something to those that uphold them. If you picked up a book talking about ways a person should live to lead a better life, but then upon meeting the author you find out he does the exact opposite, well, its disheartening. That doesn't mean you should stop, it just means it means more for those that find meaning in it.
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #308476 by Brick

Nami wrote: I wanted to know how Jedi are supposed to act

So the question is 'How should a Jedi act?' - Then I'm more confused as to how things were deemed to be off topic.

Hatter answered this question in his first comment when he flat-out said that a Jedi should NOT act the way shown in your example, but also pointed out that everyone has bad days.

I said that I would NOT expect a Jedi to behave the way one did in the example, but emphasised that context and the individual needed to be taken into account.

Lykeois said 'There is no general rule for how a Jedi should act'. He literally had your question in his answer.

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308477 by
People are making it more about a specific person rather than Jediism.

Who do I talk to to change my tag from Member to Guest? Serious question.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi