Is this how Jedi should act?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308455 by
Replied by on topic Is this how Jedi should act?
Anonymously. It was your choice to make it public. My ONLY purpose of this topic was to see if I belonged here.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #308456 by Lykeios Little Raven
There is no general rule for how Jedi should act. Hell, most people can't seem to even agree on what makes someone a Jedi... This means that all Jedi are individuals and have their own thoughts on such subjects.

Personally, I hope you stick around, Nami. However, if you're looking for clear cut answers...well, I'm afraid you won't get them from me.

My recommendation? Stick around a while so you can really get a feel for how things are here. It can take some time to really see what kind of community this place is. (And it has changed over time...it's very different from how it was when I joined, that much I'm sure of)

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick
More
6 years 4 months ago #308458 by steamboat28
This thread is rapidly getting out of hand. Maybe we should take a little time away from it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #308461 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Is this how Jedi should act?

steamboat28 wrote: This thread is rapidly getting out of hand. Maybe we should take a little time away from it.

Getting out of hand in what way? The title of this thread asks whether or not that behaviour is befitting of a Jedi, the majority of the comments in this thread endeavour to answer that question.

Nami then explained that the purpose of the topic was to see if she belongs here, and Lykeios gave a pretty good response to that.

How does that equate to things getting out of hand?

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Brick.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #308462 by

Brick wrote:

steamboat28 wrote: This thread is rapidly getting out of hand. Maybe we should take a little time away from it.

Getting out of hand in what way? The title of this thread asks whether or not that behaviour is befitting of a Jedi, the majority of the comments in this thread endeavour to answer that question.

Nami then explained that the purpose of the topic was to see if she belongs here, and Lykeios gave a pretty good response to that.

How does that equate to things getting out of hand?

Deviating from the original intent of the post. Making it about criticizing a specific persons actions rather than generally how Jedi should act.. with the end result of me deciding whether or not I want to be here. Not interested in arguing or attacking anyone. That's why it was anonymous.

Edit: Because The other party came forward, it turned into being defensive rather than taking about what Jedi should be in a general manner. I want to talk about Jediism, not individual people.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .
More
6 years 4 months ago #308463 by Rosalyn J
There is a lot of contextual detail that is missing here. The clergy gets a lot of "omg where do I start...how do I move up...what do I do"? Contacts and its not as if the process is all that mysterious. We got tired of answering the same questions over and over and over with answers that can readily be found in the FAQ for the careful student. Which is why that was made. I'm not going to knock the tone, because sometimes I have been there too. Best advise I can give is if you don't like the way someone responds, respond a different way.

You cannot shame or belittle people into changing their behaviors

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308464 by

Rosalyn J wrote: There is a lot of contextual detail that is missing here. The clergy gets a lot of "omg where do I start...how do I move up...what do I do"? Contacts and its not as if the process is all that mysterious. We got tired of answering the same questions over and over and over with answers that can readily be found in the FAQ for the careful student. Which is why that was made. I'm not going to knock the tone, because sometimes I have been there too. Best advise I can give is if you don't like the way someone responds, respond a different way.

You cannot shame or belittle people into changing their behaviors

Not the point of this thread. That's why Steam posted what he did....
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308465 by
It was not my intention to shame it belittle anyone. I wanted to see if I belong here. Obviously this thread was a mistake. Me being here is possibly also a mistake. Thanks for showing my point Ros. This thread isn't what I wanted it to be.
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #308466 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Is this how Jedi should act?

Nami wrote: Deviating from the original intent of the post. Making it about criticizing a specific persons actions rather than generally how Jedi should act.. with the end result of me deciding whether or not I want to be here. Not interested in arguing or attacking anyone. That's why it was anonymous.

Edit: Because The other party came forward, it turned into being defensive rather than talking about what Jedi should be in a general manner. I want to talk about Jediism, not individual people.

The topic didn't deviate until you changed the subject to whether you should stay here.

All 3 of Hatter's comments talk about how a jedi should behave in general, no specifics. Lykeois only answered your question. The initial half of my comment was general, and I only became specific to show that the context of the individual Jedi must be taken into account, ie it's not a 'one Jedi-sized Glove fits all'.

In the first 12 posts of this thread, before Steam stepped in, only Zenchi's 2 could be argued to not be relevant to the purpose of the thread. Given the amount of deviation that usually occurs in the threads, 2/12 is pretty darn on topic lol.

Edit: again, I'd argue that only Zenchi's 2, and possible the second half of my first comment were 'defensive'

2nd Edit: the majority of the confusion around what is on/off topic seems to be down to the fact that there are two topics in the thread; 'Is this how Jedi should act?' and 'Do I belong here?'. Which one of those topics is the one you would like us to address?

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Brick.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308467 by
My initial post said this: "I want to live a life of love and compassion and if this Temple doesn't do that, then I don't want to be associated with it." I never f'n deviated. Stop twisting this.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi