The Charlottesville debate - or a lack of it

More
6 years 8 months ago #297870 by steamboat28

OB1Shinobi wrote: Fair enough steam, but if a person is standing there with a flag, not being violent, and you bash his skull, or punch him in the face, who perpetuated the violence?

The Nazi. By being a Nazi. By wearing and carrying and showing and shouting things that symbolize the belief that purging minorities will result in a brighter future. Those symbols are violence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297871 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Actual nazis are bad, but the regressive left calls everyone who is right of themselves nazis. So when they say its ok to punch a nazi in the face, they dont just mean actual nazis, they mean people like me who arent buying into their safe spaces and "only whites can be racist and all whites are racist" nonsense

ISIS makes sex slaves out of children and tosses gays off of the tops of buildings but if you point that out youre an islamophohe and a nazi

Antifa and SJWs are the leftist version of White Nationalists and KKK

I agree with the point about ideologues dividing us and no one listening or respecting the other side. Extremists on the right and on the left seem to be running he show, but id suggest policing your own side before expecting the other side to defer

This seems like a relative generalization condemning a foreign generalization. We need to focus less on labels and more on actions.

Any person who incites hate invites righteous fury.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297872 by OB1Shinobi
And theres a very high probability that a 19 yr old black male wearing known gang colors in a gang area is selling drugs and carrying a gun, but for the most lart i think we all agree that its not fair to grab every black man with red pants south 45th

And again, the antifa and SJW crowds call everyone nazis. The term isnt reserved for people wearing nazi regalia, it is tossed at people who express anything remotely simiar to a conservative view. Which btw i have always been a liberal, my views havent changed but the center has shifted under my feet and now basic liberal ideals (like freedom of speech) are now considered conservative ideals

People are complicated.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297873 by steamboat28
Naughty Words
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, OB1Shinobi, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297874 by
Yeah. These were flag flying, heil Hitlering, swastika saluting Nazis.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297876 by Lykeios Little Raven

OB1Shinobi wrote: And theres a very high probability that a 19 yr old black male wearing known gang colors in a gang area is selling drugs and carrying a gun, but for the most lart i think we all agree that its not fair to grab every black man with red pants south 45th

And again, the antifa and SJW crowds call everyone nazis. The term isnt reserved for people wearing nazi regalia, it is tossed at people who express anything remotely simiar to a conservative view. Which btw i have always been a liberal, my views havent changed but the center has shifted under my feet and now basic liberal ideals (like freedom of speech) are now considered conservative ideals

Big difference here. There is a chance that the black man dressing that way could be a good guy. There. Are. No. Good. Nazis.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297878 by OB1Shinobi
We disagree on the meaning of the word "violence"
Words mean things :P and violence is a physical act. The left has been doing something i consider extremely dangerous by trying to redefine the meaning of violence. Its doinng this because it wants to be able to use actual real violence against people who arent being violent. Which is exactly what youre advocating here, and it is a road that only takes us further into chaos.

This rally is only the latest episode of an ideological battle that has been going on for at least a few years. Yea, plenty of the people at that rally were wearing nazi regalia, but despite your disapproval, thats not actually a crime and its not actually violence.

Nazism and White Nationalism have exploded recently for a few reasons.
1) Theres always been white supremacists lurking in the shadows.

2) The Left has been forcibly pushing their anti white campaign, increasing the polarization by producing a beorgoning black supremacist movement ("cave beasts" and "neanderthugs", white privilege, allwhites are racist and only whites can be racist) ) and supporting radical and violent people and groupsnsuch as antifa, and various communist factions and general
"SJWism" driving many white people who arent racist into the extremes of the right and the alt right, believing that they are being targeted and have to defend themselves. Also just not going to take much more nonsense.
You can say whatever you want about white discomfor being fair because of all the evil that white people have done but by saying that, all youre doing is provinig theyre correct to feel that way.

3) the election of trump, who is openly supported by racists and apparently tacitly approves of them.

Those three factors have all converged to produce this mess but make no mistake, the extremism from the left was a major contributing factor.

What im saying here is that ALL forms of extremism are going to result in violence and chaos for our society. The only solution is to agree tha all sides must abide by the rule of law. We can figure it out from there but vigilante violence has got ro be removed from the table for all of us first.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297880 by OB1Shinobi

Lykeios wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: And theres a very high probability that a 19 yr old black male wearing known gang colors in a gang area is selling drugs and carrying a gun, but for the most lart i think we all agree that its not fair to grab every black man with red pants south 45th

Big difference here. There is a chance that the black man dressing that way could be a good guy. There. Are. No. Good. Nazis.

You get killed in those places for wearing colors that you dont live by. So i wouldnt say he was a "good guy"

You can say theres no good nazis if you want, but youre not the authority to deal with them (thank god) and if you go attacking them, then youre the one committing violence.
Youre not batman lol

EDIT
And i want to repeat; antifa and the SJW crowd call EVERYONE nazis. Maybe the people at this rally were wearing nazi stuff but look up "antifa violence" and youll see they are just a violent group who attacks people they dont agree with EVEN PEOPLE WHO ARENT NAZIS

EDITx2
Im done for the night
I cant believe no one wants to put a thank you on the idea that we cant approve kf vigilante violence lol but whatever, this is hardly the first time ive been the minority view around here lol
talk to you later
PEACE

People are complicated.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297883 by Lykeios Little Raven
You don't know me. Maybe I AM Batman.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297884 by OB1Shinobi
Ok i couldnt resist this last post:
Difference between you and Batman
Warning: Spoiler!

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi