The Charlottesville debate - or a lack of it

More
6 years 8 months ago #297896 by Lykeios Little Raven
I didn't say a word about actual 1930-1940s Nazis.

And yes, I am a fascist, the anarchist anti-fascist is a fascist. Okay.

I mean, I see your point. And you're probably right about a lot of things, but don't lump us all in with the bad ones.

*shrug* I'm just going to repeat what Steam said "Nazis are bad."

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
  • Away
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 8 months ago #297897 by ren
Nazis thought they were a force for good too. Liberating the simple man from the evils of religious fringe groups, the bankers, etc. Rings a bell? I wonder at what point they realised they weren't. My bet is on 'after all the deaths'.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
6 years 8 months ago #297900 by Lykeios Little Raven
Well, I'm not saying we should exterminate these people. I'm not saying they don't have a right to live. All I'm saying is they have no right to deny others that same right.

And what happened just before the war broke out in 1939? Appeasement. That's what.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297906 by

ren wrote:

Williamkaede wrote: Also, Ren, in what ways are American/Western liberals comparable to Nazism?

they worship their ideology, hate everything that does not support it. It's really easy to compare them to any other kind of fascist really, except their are more refined, they oppress he conscience of others and erode their wills, on a scale all the nazis and north koreans in the world can only dream of. The true sith lords of our time, to keep it star wars themed.

Yeeeeessssss. Feel the oppression of your conscience. Let that hate fill you, and blame it all on liberal me.

Jesus, I wish I had a remote control that would rev up your conscience to a functional level. Would that help you feel shame in the ideology you support?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

• ren
  • Away
    Registered
More
6 years 8 months ago #297909 by ren
What happened before WW2 in germany is a lot of political unrest, caused by a certain financial crisis that started on another continent by people who weren't german, crippled by the cost of a war they paid for yet did not start... I would not call that appeasement.

Well, I'm not saying we should exterminate these people. I'm not saying they don't have a right to live. All I'm saying is they have no right to deny others that same right.

It took nazis quite some time to develop extermination camps. They started like you, by distributing pamphlets, protesting against their 'enemies', boycotting their shops.... The nazis developed extermination camps once they had lost a lot of their own soldiers... They didn't call it "final solution" because it was the first solution they came up with....

• ren
  • Away
    Registered
More
6 years 8 months ago #297913 by ren

Atticus wrote:

ren wrote:

Williamkaede wrote: Also, Ren, in what ways are American/Western liberals comparable to Nazism?

they worship their ideology, hate everything that does not support it. It's really easy to compare them to any other kind of fascist really, except their are more refined, they oppress he conscience of others and erode their wills, on a scale all the nazis and north koreans in the world can only dream of. The true sith lords of our time, to keep it star wars themed.

Yeeeeessssss. Feel the oppression of your conscience. Let that hate fill you, and blame it all on liberal me.

Jesus, I wish I had a remote control that would rev up your conscience to a functional level. Would that help you feel shame in the ideology you support?

Freedom of conscience is a human right. It is also part of the doctrine. Jedi believe "In the importance of freedom of conscience and self-determination within religious, political and other structures."

My conscience is at a functional level. I don't know what ideology you think I support, but it is unlikely anyone will ever manage to sway it with any sort of remote control. You would have to make compelling arguments, do you have any?

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297916 by Lykeios Little Raven
I meant what the other governments did. Appeasement.

In any case, I wish we could all just unite and be on the same side and all that, but it doesn't look likely. And also, even IF we did unite into one group there'd still be people at the fringe saying the same kinds of things that you're saying. Personally I'm in favor of "anarchy."

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297933 by Lykeios Little Raven
I'm just going to bow out of this thread.

It seems to be bringing out the worst in me, so, see you guys elsewhere.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297934 by

steamboat28 wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Fair enough steam, but if a person is standing there with a flag, not being violent, and you bash his skull, or punch him in the face, who perpetuated the violence?

The Nazi. By being a Nazi. By wearing and carrying and showing and shouting things that symbolize the belief that purging minorities will result in a brighter future. Those symbols are violence.

Sure but we are not violent , we are Jedi , make sure you remember that before you bash someones head in , or even better just don't....cannot believe i have to point that out here , just be a Jedi ..its not that hard !

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297937 by
I would like to raise up a question. What makes difference trough the scope of history? Hitler Killed 4 million Jews during the second world war. Americans killed 400 million Native Americans and put them in boarding schools. The Native Americans most likely mass murdered 4 to 5 greatest land animals on their continent into extinction a very very long time ago. Humans slaughter millions of animals to eat up, today, and gasification of thousands and thousands of chickens after a fipronil infection in my own country for example, no one complains like that in a way it is done to humans. Where do we draw a line to say that is good and that is not good? Every culture, every side, and every group did or does something.

Even the Dutch were not the most friendly people during the golden age. And still, I was not part of that group, similar as the Germans, Americans and Native Americans of today are not responsible for the problems of their countries and cultures past. What is past has past. History does not come back, lets focus on what we do right now. Do we want to live in a world were we drag our flags of right and wrong past the line of historic events? Problems will eventually be solved.. till that time I will wait. Not my fight after all. :laugh:

Attachment Hakenkruis.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi