How many practice telekinesis?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #212882 by
Replied by on topic How many practice telekinesis?

Rickie wrote: I'm really surprised, sort of, this thread has gone on so long. Where is the spiritualism in all this posts?

Let it go.

Perhaps you should if it bothers you so.

Interesting to see the methods of trying to shut a thread down, others saying lighten up, or let it go....However I am not emotionally under weight, and if one is involved or interested in a conversation, why should one let it go?

How about let it go, and let people go about as they are.

Unless long threads with where there is strong opinions that disagree is too much of a stress for spectators, that, forgive me if I am wrong, do not have to look at, or participate in anyway.

I am reminded of the "Too much information" thread and my reference to information diets.

If you cannot manage it on one forum, how do you plan to do so outside of it?
The topic has been locked.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #212886 by

Zenchi wrote: This thread is getting old, time to call prince Valium and put it to sleep. I try as hell not to derail threads but damn, people need to lighten up and get a hobby...

So which is more meaningless. Someone who makes a pointless thread or someone who comments on a pointless thread. I'd choose the latter. I know this may be a shock but this is not the only thread in the entire forum. It'd be in your best interest if you comment somewhere else instead of commenting on a thread you think is pointless.

And you say people need to get a hobby...
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #212887 by

Kamizu wrote: I feel that an open mind doesn't exclude fact and tolerates other people's beliefs. I don't feel you're not being understanding of other people's beliefs or disbeliefs. You're trying to convince people of something outside of their own belief structure and it feels like you're excluding science completely? I may be off here though :). Granted we're not making it easy on you either. I'm not really sure how to put this into words I think. Sorry I'm not trying to pick on you :) I think I just see you with the same frustrations I use to have trying to explain myself and what I believe in. I always ended up in that loop and got more and more upset. It just seems that you're feeling personally insulted because someone believes differently than you do. And it doesn't help either side much that you can't provide enough solid evidence to go off of.

I think I just wanted to let you know that I do understand and here's another person who believes in a few things that science hasn't gotten to yet. (Just not all of them :) )

I see a lot of people in both extremes. "%*&( Science! This is all magic!" and "Pfft...there is no magic. The only real things in life can be explain scientifically." And I'm just sitting here in the middle coloring quietly to myself ;)

Aand I think most of that was just babbling...hopefully something in there makes sense.

I already knew there would be skepticism. I know some people here are not the most tactful and frankly I don't feel that welcome staying here because of those people who continue to throw school yard taunts. It's not that they believe differently than me is the problem. The problem is they make it into a mockery, acting as if my experiences never mattered or never happened. And you know, I've had this happen in forums a lot where I present problems and many just dismiss it and act like it never happened. I don't even know what people want me to do. Record all of the stuff that happened? How would that work because some things can't even be recorded well.

Of course it'd be nice if some people would stop commenting on a thread they think is pointless and try to derail the thread. I find that personally insulting and rude. It's not easy talking to someone about stuff like this but if people want to disagree they can at least do it in a respectful manner. Not say "lolz this is stupid and you're stupid for believing in it". I've seen that way too many times and I thought this forum would be different. Or at least a little different.

But people can comment what they wish to comment. If you had experiences with this ok, if not, then ok, too. That's all I wanted to hear. Was that so much to ask? Did I really ask anyone here if anyone believed in it? All I ask is people stay on topic.
More
8 years 4 months ago #212888 by Adder
I'll lock the thread for awhile, since its been getting a bit more personal then topical. No need to carry on counterproductive trends. It will open again later though, if peeps want to talk about the 'topic' a bit more specifically.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #226875 by
I'm not gonna lie. I have tried. Multiple times. Never had success with it though. Is it possible? I don't know. Maybe that's my issue. Maybe the moment you think it won't work is when it won't.
More
8 years 2 months ago #227730 by Kohadre
Chi play is, for me, a much more rewarding activity with tangible results.

It requires concentration, focus, determination, and visualization however. Its not an easy practice to get into by any means.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So long and thanks for all the fish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227734 by

Maybe the moment you think it won't work is when it won't.

Uh.....What?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227735 by
IMO, one more koan-hard problem.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227747 by
No one has really shown it's impossible either. I really don't like it when people act like they don't have to back up their claims but you have to. You say it can't happen...because you have never seen it happen? Not a very convincing argument.

Did germs not exist because we couldn't see them in most of our history? Of course not. They always existed but later we found out ways to see them. But I do find it rude that people act as if my personal experiences or others experiences never happened. Did you follow me with a camera? How would you or anyone else know what I experienced?
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227751 by Adder

Theweirdtophat wrote: No one has really shown it's impossible either. I really don't like it when people act like they don't have to back up their claims but you have to. You say it can't happen...because you have never seen it happen? Not a very convincing argument.

Did germs not exist because we couldn't see them in most of our history? Of course not. They always existed but later we found out ways to see them. But I do find it rude that people act as if my personal experiences or others experiences never happened. Did you follow me with a camera? How would you or anyone else know what I experienced?

True.

Generally speaking, and in no way referencing this thread (which is a bit old for me to remember anyway), not only is it a good idea to approach unknown things with an open mind about learning something new (even if its only about the person saying it!), but it's also a good idea to approach people who have different views in a conciliatory/neutral/non-confrontational manner, even if they are thought to be wrong, IMO it should be a gentle and gradual path to enlightenment. Sudden paths to enlightenment can cause all sorts of adverse reactions and over-reactions depending on the extent of shift in a person paradigms. I use 'enlightenment' to refer to understanding and accumulation of types of knowledge in hopefully useful ways.

I reckon the goal of sharing alternate views is probably better about positive movement towards some state of open understanding and mutual respect with all participants, rather then one of point scoring and defending any particular position. If someone wants to stick their necks out by making absolute assertions of truth in some regard it is on them, and its existence does not represent anything beyond a statement by the individual making the statement. I'd love to hear more experiences from anyone who has had them, its just often people like me love to explore them in such a way as to dissect them and understand their extents in quantitative terms - which can sound a bit reductive in qualitative terms, but for me at least its not intended.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick,
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi