How many practice telekinesis?

More
8 years 4 months ago #212489 by Yugen
Just saying guys
You have to accept that others think diffrently.
And all may not agree on your thoughts, sometimes it's better to just walk away instead of without sucess forcing your beliefs on others.

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor
The topic has been locked.
  • Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 4 months ago #212491 by Jestor

Zenchi wrote: Obviously you've missed my point. When does it become pointless, you voice your opinion and you keep stating the same thing, this is no longer becoming a discussion, but an unintelligent regurgitation of opinion. Why continue? You stated you don't want to convince anyone but all you're doing is beating a dead horse in the attempt.

Everyone wants the last word Z, you know it as much as I do, lol... :P

And, when we see the 'repeat", no matter what side, it becomes time to bow out of the topic...

But, the 'last word' people, always have one more comment...

I wonder with them, (not pointed at you Yaba, just more of a open question...), are they trying to sell us, or themselves?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #212493 by Zenchi
And you wondered why I hadn't been in the forums , same could be said as to why a lot of members have quit participating. Go ahead and delete this comment, I give a rats arse about having the last word, as it wasn't my motivation or my point.

As to Bareus's last post, this is not about a problem with people thinking or believing differently, it's more to do with someone beating a dead horse, until the discussion no longer is an intelligent exchange of beliefs or ideas.

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.
  • Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
8 years 4 months ago #212494 by Jestor

Zenchi wrote: And you wondered why I hadn't been in the forums , same could be said as to why a lot of members have quit participating. Go ahead and delete this comment, I give a rats arse about having the last word, as it wasn't my motivation or my point.

NO, no, no...

I was just commenting in general, lighten up, I was just commenting on why people keep beating a dead horse...

And agreeing with, and further driving the same point...

Why do you think this was aimed at you?

It wasnt, I promise, sheesh, lol...

grumble, grumble...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
  • Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
8 years 4 months ago #212495 by Jestor

Jestor wrote:

Zenchi wrote: And you wondered why I hadn't been in the forums , same could be said as to why a lot of members have quit participating. Go ahead and delete this comment, I give a rats arse about having the last word, as it wasn't my motivation or my point.

NO, no, no...

I was just commenting in general, lighten up, I was just commenting on why people keep beating a dead horse...

And agreeing with, and further driving the same point...

Why do you think this was aimed at you?

It wasnt, I promise, sheesh, lol...

grumble, grumble...

same could be said as to why a lot of members have quit participating

Its either we dont post, casue we are last word freaks, or we dont post for fear someone will take what we said wrong...

I almost walk on eggshells to talk to [strike]you[/strike], because the last two times, you took it wrong... And yes, "I could NOT speak to you, but you share some great stuff, and I like you, lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

More
8 years 4 months ago #212496 by Zenchi
Quite wrong you are sir, I don't participate in the forums because the vast majority is very much akin to what is wrong with this thread, one or more people beating a dead horse into oblivion. Its like being in a trench with dozens of people shouting over you, nothing intelligent gets exchanged, just a bunch of egos going at it, AND IT GETS OLD. When you tolerate such behavior, you encourage it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNiR5ZTb_MA

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #212503 by
Replied by on topic How many practice telekinesis?
Personally, if one wants to practice telekinesis,go right ahead.

The question was, "How many practice?"

Proof I could already guess would not be coming.

Sure, some anecdotal evidence, but had there really been proof, we would know about it around the world in a matter of minutes, because the stuff that does effect civilization on such a scale, in 2015, simply would not escape social media, and forgive me, but no one would be able to hide that secret without it getting out somehow.

Seriously think about how fast things travel now.

Sure, there would be skeptics, but proof would be forth coming eventually if it was there to have.

In this day and age, were simply not as inclined to take it at face value that such is happening, and were it really happening, it would have been discovered. Its not as if there hasnt been attempts.

For all the people to say science has no interest in the.....lets use the term supernatural, it in fact has, you can read up on the various attempts at it. Even were you to hide behind the case of" Well science simply cannot explain everything" also keep in mind that many of these "adepts" have been debunked, and exposed as frauds. Also realize that saying science cannot explain it is a cop out, and shows just how little you know about what science can and does explain and do.

Still, anyone can waste ones time as they see fit. That is there right.

However,It is not rude to ask or even demand proof of extraordinary claims. In fact, that is a smart student mind at work to me.

If you do not intend to produce proof to your extraordinary claims, then, well, all these conversations will become cookie cutters of each other as they invariably do.

If someone says, " I practice BJJ" I can say "Wow, really, me too, lets roll!" Now, we have a saying that the mat does not lie. Your competence will be tested, and the feedback, undeniable.

If someone says " I practice Telekinesis" and I say "Wow, I would like to see that" Or " Cool, can you teach/show me" and then come a slew of excuses, clever mental gymnastics, or anything short of what telekinesis is, well, eventually we would be only insulting ourselves and our own intelligence not to call B.S.

As thats what it is, no?

So, while I can acknowledge every ones beliefs, I dont have to accept them, especially when they are clearly either lying, or showing signs of delusion. Or simply cannot understand that in 2015, I will not accept superstition as an answer to intelligent query to such claims.

Personally, I am with Sam Harris on this.

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #212504 by

Khaos wrote:

This is an awesome quote. I'd never heard that before. Thank you for sharing that. :)
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #212583 by
I know some wonder why I brought magic up but like with psionics, you see people become skeptical to it and say "No evidence" But these two things I believe are very real. I have had seen and experienced some things and I know obviously I can't prove it happened. I don't have a time machine where I can rewind and record exactly what happened, and not all things are easily recorded. I do wonder if anyone asked themselves "If psionics wasn't possible, why would there be people practicing it or attempting it" After a while, wouldn't they say "You know, I'm not getting anything out of this stuff." That's exactly the question I asked. It didn't make sense to me for people to buy books and tools and invest so much time practicing an art that is supposed to be impossible according to many scientists. And I thought "Maybe they are getting something out of it and I just didn't see it.

I don't expect anyone to believe me here. Doesn't matter because I know the things I've experienced were real. People saying that it's not possible isn't going to change my opinion and say "Yeah I guess it was all a crazy kooky coincidental trick that happened". And I'm fine, really.

If anyone has practiced it or knows please let me know as I would be interested to hear. :)
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .
More
8 years 4 months ago #212686 by Gisteron
Good grief, would you please say something new?

Yabuturtle wrote: I know some wonder why I brought magic up...

Not saying that telekinesis is the same as magic, but you weren't the first to mention the word. I have yet to see a definition of magic that excludes moving stuff about with nothing but your mind. You are the kind of expert in magic who would distinguish between the two but to us mere mortals that distinction seems completely unfounded, for the time being.

... but like with psionics, you see people become skeptical to it and say "No evidence" But these two things I believe are very real.

Can't speak for everybody else but I can assure you that I did not become skeptical to anything. That is just not how skepticism works, but I won't go into that again because I have at least twice already and for all I know you aren't the kind of person who likes things repeated too often, so I'll spare you.

I have had seen and experienced some things and I know obviously I can't prove it happened. I don't have a time machine where I can rewind and record exactly what happened, and not all things are easily recorded.

If such were the case with me I would have to doubt whether I actually experienced them to begin with. Unlike you, my senses are fallible, my memory is imperfect and my biases are too numerous to count, you see... So I don't get to just not question my experience.

I do wonder if anyone asked themselves "If psionics wasn't possible, why would there be people practicing it or attempting it"

Well, if you don't ask, you shall not ever find out... Then again, I'm not sure you have asked that yourself either, since otherwise you'd see how little that contributes to your desired conclusion. In the same way I can ask why if no magic stone on the planet can turn lead into gold, so many kept trying to find it for so long. Surely, they must have been onto something profoundly true; what else could possibly motivate a search like that? It couldn't be that gold is a valued and therefore desirable and highly limited resource or that nobody has telekinetic powers which would put anybody who achieved them at a fundamental advantage over everybody else... No, the more reasonable conclusion is that the philosopher's stone is an actually existing object out there, somewhere... over the rainbow...

After a while, wouldn't they say "You know, I'm not getting anything out of this stuff."

Some would. Others wouldn't. You'd have to ask, I guess. But that would mean posing a question, admitting you don't know something and that's scary. We understand.

That's exactly the question I asked. It didn't make sense to me for people to buy books and tools and invest so much time practicing an art that is supposed to be impossible according to many scientists.

Right, so you asked, and I assume they responded, right? Right? Also, if you could kindly provide a list of all the scientists who suppose telekinesis impossible, that would be very helpful. Not to me, admittedly, since being a man of science myself, no opinion, no matter how many hold it or how strongly they do actually has a bearing on what is evident and what isn't. You know, I'm the kind of skeptic who is actually skeptical rather than a nay-sayer who declares things false or impossible for no reason.

And I thought "Maybe they are getting something out of it and I just didn't see it.

So how does this work exactly? "Hang on, so many people believe it, I guess I should too. There is no way people could be sincerely invested into unfounded beliefs is there? So therefore they must be onto something." Argument from incredulity all over again...

I don't expect anyone to believe me here. Doesn't matter because I know the things I've experienced were real.

No, you don't. If you did, you could have made us (or at least the open-minded folks among us) know that they are, too, by now. Maybe you didn't see it until now, that's fine. Most of us think we know things we really don't actually know. But most of us don't do what you are about to do:

People saying that it's not possible isn't going to change my opinion and say "Yeah I guess it was all a crazy kooky coincidental trick that happened". And I'm fine, really.

First of all, I can't recall anybody saying telekinesis was impossible, although depending on what one means by impossible, I suppose one could say it is... However, what baffles me more is this: You are basically admitting that the entire discussion had been a complete waste for you, because there is no way you would possibly ever change your mind, and yet you dared to appeal to our open-mindedness on the same topic just the day before? For now there is nothing I have left to say beyond this point without getting explicitly hostile, so I shall cut my post here...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Zenchi
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi