December Meditation Challenge

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330513 by
Replied by on topic December Meditation Challenge
A brief ten minutes of Corpse Yoga before stepping into work. Quiet day, gonna need the energy. ;p (he says, jinxing himself)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330595 by
1 minute of equal breathing and 10 minutes of meditation for day 10. Now, off to fight crazy people with swords, which is just a different type of meditation...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330598 by
10 minutes of Breathing Meditation during lunch. 5 Minutes of Tai Chi Meditation.

Arisaig:
Out of curiosity, what is Corpse Yoga? Yes I can Giggle it, but I would rather have your definition of it, if you don't mind.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330610 by

Silvermane wrote: Arisaig:
Out of curiosity, what is Corpse Yoga? Yes I can Giggle it, but I would rather have your definition of it, if you don't mind.

hehehe... giggle it. ;p

Its simply sitting completely consciously still. The slowest, shallowest breathing, avoiding unnecessary twitching, for extended periods of time. It sounds simple, but the more you're aware of your body's movements, it becomes harder and harder... and suddenly simple. My record to date is an hour and a bit. I usually leave those extended sessions mentally exhausted, as its hard to remain awake. Your mind tries to get you to move for so long, then it tries to make you go to sleep. Not giving into both is key.

Speaking of, twenty minutes of said yoga while sitting near my pupper. She's not feeling great today, and loves when I'm nearby, even if not paying attention to her. :3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330661 by
Meditation Challenge, Day 11
=Backup & Restore
=15 minutes meditation

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330664 by
Thank you for explaining, Arisaig.

Day 11: 5 minutes of Breathing Meditation; been having some issues and mental blocks the week.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330676 by
Twenty minutes of slow, deliberate lightsaber flow to stretch out the mind and body for the workday ahead.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330717 by
15 minutes for day 12!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330730 by
Shorter Slow Flow practise today, because I had a request to film it to show what it really was.

Essentially, slowing everything down as far as you can, to understand how different moves can flow together into something perhaps, one day, greater. It also emphasises footwork, which is why I do it first thing in the morning, while I'm still groggy from sleep (and a night out the night before XD) to push myself and improve my overall balance.

I also throw in thrusts, doing my upmost to keep the blade straight and unwavering, as I know thrusts are something that I've not practised as much as I could have.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330790 by
Day 12: Nothing - Spent 10 hours dealing with the consequences of an idiot teenage daughter.

Day 13: Running on about 2 hours of sleep, did 20 minutes of Breathing Meditation at 5AM this morning. Actually feel pretty good because of it now.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi