Rants far and wide

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #221023 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Just week and a half ago I went into a dentist I'd never been to before. They were very kind and eager to accommodate me which was a huge relief as I my previous dentist was booked until February. On my first visit they identified several problems which were causing the pain that made me seek out my dentist. I ended up spending over spending four hours getting work done, including having one of my molars removed. The work needed to be done and there was a real risk that if I put off the work any longer the molar which they extracted could 1) become brittle enough to shatter 2) cause a gum infection 3) begin to rot. That wasn't even the bad news. The bad news was that it meant putting off leaving for Chicago by a week.

I used that time waiting for my appointment to recover, get off to a good start at school, and rest after all the stress my job had put on me. I also used it to make arrangements for my job in Chicago. I called the dentist's office to make sure that once the work was done, it was done and that I wouldn't need to return. They assured me that I would be all set.This afternoon I went in to the dentist for a second appointment following up that major work I had done in the first appointment. I was under the impression this would be the final visit before I could leave for Chicago without needing to immediately find and consult a dentist in Chicago.

I didn't find out until I was sitting in the chair about to have my teeth grounded to a stump (for crowns) that I would need to have another appointment for the permanent bridge installed. I cried right then and there, fortunately I was wearing these big ugly sunglasses to keep the bright lights out of my eyes (they hid that I was crying and I wiped away the tears before the dentist returned). I wanted to strangle the office worker who assured me over the phone that I would not need another follow-up (she took the time to double-check with the dentist). When I got back from the appointment my anesthetic was wearing off and I was furious (pain and anger are much like gasoline and fire).

Anyway, it looks as though I may be waiting yet another week. I'll be honest, the mistake that was made could have happened to anyone (even me), but it was a BIG mistake because of what was riding on the answer to my question. I still cry if I think about it too much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #221180 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
January can go stick it thanks.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #221440 by
Today has been a sad day.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #221457 by
So you guys know that Nikki Minaj song "star ships" or something like that, where it says "star ships were meant to fly"? This drives me insane. The term Star ship implies that it goes from star to star, which is something we can't do as a species yet, but if we could, star ships still wouldn't fly. They're in space, and you don't fly in space. You simply float in whatever direction you want, unless you're in orbit in which case you're always falling, just at a faster rate sideways than down.

More
8 years 3 months ago #221734 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic Rants far and wide
Too. damn. stressed. Housing stuff. Friends. Relationship. Job. Other job. Money. Other-other job. No car. Health issues up the wazoo. Too tired. Insomnia. Anger. Bad mood. Depression & anxiety. Too many things to do. Too many things to get done. Not enough time to do what I actually need to do. Anger-at-self for not getting to some things sooner. Long litany of pain. Arghhhh.

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #221754 by

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #221786 by
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Warning: Spoiler!

Emotion, yet Peace. B)

BTW, how do you manage to insert videos from youtube? I've tried all I could think of.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #221843 by
The days where I feel I am literally beating my head against a brick wall.

More
8 years 3 months ago #221945 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
When you think that you'll go back and find something only to find it's been abandoned and/or overrun with spam bots.

Guess I better think of something else :dry:

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 3 months ago #221946 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
YES, (and thank you) January CAN go stick it. Please wake me up when its over....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi