Rants far and wide

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297788 by Lykeios Little Raven
Seriously, you support and defend Trump, I really, really, REALLY don't give a flying rat's puckered asshole about your opinions.

One of only a couple acceptable times to use an ad hominem argument... it's like a character witness in court, they don't call that ad hominem...

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297812 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
I'm generally a neutral person, or try to be anyway, I prefer to take a reasoned and logical approach to anything in my life...

That being said...

I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE ( INDICATES SOME HIGH POINT ON MY BODY) WITH THE PLETHORA OF PEOPLE TELLING ME TO 'PICK A SIDE' BETWEEN TWO HORRIBLE AND EVIL POSITIONS

AND WHAT...?

I'M SUPPOSED TO JUMP ON ONE SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT BECAUSE ONE SIDE SAYS THE OTHER IS EVIL (WHEN THEY BOTH ARE!) THEN IGNORE ANY REASON AND LOGIC THAT APPEARS THROUGH THE EVENTS THAT ENSUE.

IF I SAY ONE THING THEN I'M INSTANTLY CAST INTO US OR THEM WHEN I PREFER TO BE NEITHER OF THEM!

I OPPOSE THE EVIL THAT IS ALT-RIGHT NEO-NAZI'S, OF COURSE I DO, BUT I CRITICIZE ANTIFA AND OTHER VIOLENT GROUPS FROM THE LEFT WHO HAVE A HISTORY OF VIOLENT INTIMIDATION OF ANY WHO DISAGREE WITH THEM, GOING AS FAR AS THREATENING WITH RIOTS TO PREVENT SPEAKERS AT COLLEGE CAMPUSES AND ATTACKING PEOPLE (WHO WEREN'T NAZIS) BECAUSE OF THEIR POLITICS. OH BUT BOTH SIDES THINK ITS JUSTIFIED AND FOR THE 'GOOD OF THE CAUSE'!

I DON'T EVEN LIKE TRUMP OR VOTE FOR HIM DAMMIT! BUT SOME OF THE THINGS THAT PEOPLE SAY ARE SO ONE SIDED THAT ANY HINT OF AGREEMENT WITH HIM IS PARAMOUNT TO SOCIAL SUICIDE IN SOME CIRCLES! NOT EVERYTHING HE SAYS OR DOES IS STUPID, SORRY TO SAY IT. I AM NOT A NAZI AND I'M TIERED OF BEING LABEL AS A HATEFUL PERSON BECAUSE I AM SOMEWHAT CONSERVATIVE. (THERE I SAID IT!)

WHY AM I STICKING SO ARDENTLY TO THE MIDDLE? SIMPLE, THERE'S JOKERS TO THE LEFT ME, JOKERS TO THE RIGHT! HERE I AM, STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU! I'M BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE! WHY NOT PICK A SIDE, TO QUOTE A WELL MINDED ENT FROM LORD OF THE RINGS, I'M ON NOBODY'S SIDE BECAUSE NO BODY IS ON MY SIDE!

(sighs) sorry I made this longer then I originally intended. Kind of a build up and a word vomit...I consider myself to be an intellectual and philosopher first and foremost. I do not get truly angry and I value open discourse with people. Especially when that person is different then me. I really don't care but I'm sick of this all or nothing attitude and sheer blindness we seem to have now. I have friends that, quite frankly don't trust with my opinion (and others that I do) but I keep my mouth shout for sake of our friendship for it means more to me then petty identity politics...I oppose evil in all its form but I will do so in my own way. Does it solve all the problems? No, it doesn't. Is it the best path? No probably not. I'm aware of these things but...Here I am.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

More
6 years 8 months ago #297925 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Rants far and wide
Complaining now won't bring it back, or remove my error in losing it, I can only hope whoever found it destroyed it and didn't use it for themselves, or let it fall into the wrong hands.

(No, I'm not talking about a credit card :cheer: )

More
6 years 8 months ago #297926 by Lykeios Little Raven
Wow. What a bunch of pretentious jagoffs... I think I'll just stay away.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297928 by
Dat ze toch allemaal in de stront zakken met zunne links en rechts , laat je toch niet zo aan de kant duwen , we zijn Jedi , we kiezen geen kant , we blijven neutraal tot we geen kant meer op kunnen en dan , dan verdedigen we de zwakkeren...

Attachment Schermafdruk2017-08-1710.37.13.png not found

Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #298066 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Rants far and wide
Warning: Spoiler!

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #298093 by
Your kid should know manners. Don't take them shopping if they don't.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by . Reason: had too many cusswords, lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #298115 by
Things for today which are not necessarily related:

1) The devil doesn't always need an advocate. Sometimes you can just let the devil speak for itself. Sometimes what happened is so abhorrent that it shouldn't be defended, even as a thought exercise. You are not deep, or thoughtful, or edgy, or cool in any way when you try to defend the indefensible. You are then simply complicit in the normalization and perpetuation of evil.

2) Reading comprehension is fundamental.

3) You were told to set up comprehensive backups. C O M P R H E N S I V E.

More
6 years 8 months ago #298121 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Rants far and wide
I'm so frustrated right now. That's not how any of this is supposed to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #298126 by
Wait guys, I'm innocent! See? watch! I'll do what people are accusing me of again to prove I'm innocent! Look at this minor detail between the previous events and this one! See, different, so I'm innocent! You know that this tiny detail, that could easily have been hidden in past events, is here now! :D

Now you can all ignore me insulting the rest of you and ensuring every time you come to this place of learning you are reminded of this insult!

*sigh*... whatever.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi