Rants far and wide

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297191 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Rants far and wide

Avalonslight wrote:

Warning: Spoiler!

The problem I had with these messages isn't the content of them. See, my brain tells me that sort of thing all the time. And that's something I've been a bit open about lately.

The problem is that, somewhere here, there is someone saying the same thing that my brain tells me all the time. Is it someone who I know dislikes me already? Is it someone who I trust and respect? Or is it just a random person who I've never talked to. There's no way to know.

I've been told to leave before, but that was always done to my face, where I knew that the person in question had issues with me. That's easy to shake off.

When it's an unknown though... How do I know who to trust and who's playing me behind my back.... And how do I expect to stay somewhere when someone obviously is...

I just don't know.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Reacher

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297202 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide

Avalonslight wrote:

Avalonslight wrote:

Warning: Spoiler!

The problem I had with these messages isn't the content of them. See, my brain tells me that sort of thing all the time. And that's something I've been a bit open about lately.

The problem is that, somewhere here, there is someone saying the same thing that my brain tells me all the time. Is it someone who I know dislikes me already? Is it someone who I trust and respect? Or is it just a random person who I've never talked to. There's no way to know.

I've been told to leave before, but that was always done to my face, where I knew that the person in question had issues with me. That's easy to shake off.

When it's an unknown though... How do I know who to trust and who's playing me behind my back.... And how do I expect to stay somewhere when someone obviously is...

I just don't know.

Ive never hesitated telling you off up front when we've disagreed. I'm like that, lol.
You want an honest opinion, or just wanting to chew, you know how to contact me. I don't coddle btw...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Zenchi.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297223 by Reacher
Replied by Reacher on topic Rants far and wide

I just don't know.

Unattributed cowardice...that's worthy of a rant. It should be BELOW any of us, as it is CERTAINLY below someone aspiring to be a Jedi.

Also, I'd like to point out the very transparent attempt to mask sentence structuring as a way to ensure anonymity.

This coward understood that word choice and sentence structure were the only ways she could narrow down the venom source.

You'll need to stay vigilant, coward.

Jedi Knight

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Reacher.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297230 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Rants far and wide
Isnt there something in the doctrine about ... removing our masks?

I wouldnt bother too much over the opinion of someone who is hiding under the mask of anonymity.
Especially when they are throwing around charges of not being a good jedi.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297260 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
I may be new here, but I do know that judgement based on rank has hurt people here in the past. Just because you're not a knight doesn't mean you are ignorant. Just because you are a knight doesn't mean you know it all. It means you have been recognized for your growth (and have done the work), nothing more, nothing less. Let's stop judging people based on their rank. Okay? Thanks.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297570 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
Sometimes I wonder whether our government is cruel on purpose.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297598 by
Trump just said there were some "very fine people" among the white supremacists and neo-Nazis in Charlottesville. And it still won't be enough to convince his supporters that he's a terrible President. The level of stupidity of this country makes me so angry and I can't do a thing about it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297680 by

Attachment productmockup.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297704 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Rants far and wide
Seriously, the first full day of school!!!!!!! I wasn't a great kid but c'mon, at least give it 24 hrs before starting a fight ugh................see you in my room tomorrow, hope you like writing about controlling your urge to fight..............

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Kobos. Reason: im dumb
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Brick

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297705 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Rants far and wide
$600 difference between getting textbooks through on campus (just under $750 for 3 books) vs a non-university affiliated provider (less than $100 for 3 books)....

Yup....

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos, Brick

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi