Rants far and wide

More
6 years 11 months ago #285472 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
Perhaps more people would get your brand of "humor" if you spent less time talking down to them, you do it a lot and it becomes very taxing. Your Role as a Jedi is also to become more in empathetic towards others and understand where they are coming from, meaning you'll have to separate yourself from your lofty position long enough to try to understand how someone else might feel...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #285498 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Rants far and wide
Unfulfilled sweetly spoken sentiments and broken promises are very quickly eroding my faith in and opinion of humanity.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #286114 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Rants far and wide
I feel that guiding people on how to disagree in effective ways is better for growth than just shutting down the whole discussion.

I could be wrong! But it seems perfectly understandable to me that Jamie was upset. I dont know if it was possible to get through that, but i feel it was a little unfair (to her) to shut the conversation down before making some reall effort to allow her to vent and hopefully to then engage in a productive way. That might not be realistic and i understand and respect why the decision was made. Its hard to do that when our feelings get ignited but its an important skill and its worth some discomfort to learn it. Maybe. I dont really know but thats my first reaction.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Amaya, Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #286355 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
the trans people being mentally ill thread has made me really angry it also brings to mind larger problems in the community such as complacency and leaders who do not lead but who condone things like trans-phobia and racism and homophobia under a guise of free speech. This community has had many issues for a long time that must be addressed if you are truly going to call yourselves jedi. Did you know people leave over discussion threads like that and the behaviors people exhibit because they do not feel safe, or welcome? Did you know other communities consider TOTJO and its leadership to be a Joke? . I am disappointed in some here and it makes me very very sad because i have been a part of this community for a long time. BUT i am having an urge to leave and walk my path alone because i do not think some here want to do better

There are many here who i respect and like very much but there are others who i do not and it doesn't bother me one bit if you know it or not or if those of you who wish to want to send me nasty Pms its ok.

I will not allow this to be swept under and i would hope the community would take a good look at itself. we Have a code it would be nice if those in leadership and others would fuckin live by it

More
6 years 10 months ago #286369 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Rants far and wide
Looks like theres still a conversation to be had

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 10 months ago #286558 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
Steps to watching film online:

Find film
Film takes me to Sky page
Download Sky player
Find film again
Press watch
Create Sky go account
Press watch
'Must be a sky customer'

GAH

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #286628 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Eh, so much bad thinking. Disillusionment reaching critical mass.

More
6 years 10 months ago #286633 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic Rants far and wide

tzb wrote: Eh, so much bad thinking. Disillusionment reaching critical mass.

I worry... and I really don't want to seem stalky/fangirly, but for the love of all that's Holy, please feel perfectly free to vent to me, use me as a soundboard, anything. I've long had questions for you, and still do... but they can wait. Now, you know me here, and on ello, and on FB - feel utterly free to unload. It's good to have a non-judgmental someone, clear on the other side of the planet, to let your hair down in conversation with.

It's not weird, and I'm not so wet behind the ears as I may so adeptly portray... I'm quite older than you, though I promise not to let that keep me from being a good listener, brother ;)

Just puttin' that out there... pick it up, or don't, you're still cool peeps in my book :)

- Tarran ^_^

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos

More
6 years 10 months ago #286833 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
For someone who claims to be tuned off by drama, you cause quite a bit of it here. Your guilty of all the things you complain about, please stop being a hypocrite....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
6 years 10 months ago #286835 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Rants far and wide
I'm frustrated...

I'm so frustrated and tired

And done.

What am I doing this for?