Reiki, the devils work????

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69024 by
Replied by on topic Re: Reiki, the devils work????
Unity (worldwide ministry) church endorses and conducts classes in Reiki... And it's a Christian church.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 9 months ago #69025 by Jestor

MJ Hannigan wrote: Reiki has no place in the church. It is real and well the church is......

Well, I know what you mean, but I believe there is another thread here somewhere that the validity of Reiki is questioned...

I don't understand Reiki, but, I know you and GM Mark, and apparently Goddess believe, so this is good enough... So this makes it real...

I do understand some of the Catholic Church, and it is real to some...

besides, you say Reiki has no place in a church... It does at this church... lol...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69026 by

Jestor wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: Reiki has no place in the church. It is real and well the church is......

Well, I know what you mean, but I believe there is another thread here somewhere that the validity of Reiki is questioned...

I don't understand Reiki, but, I know you and GM Mark, and apparently Goddess believe, so this is good enough... So this makes it real...

I do understand some of the Catholic Church, and it is real to some...

besides, you say Reiki has no place in a church... It does at this church... lol...;)

No point is i am a reiki master and as Reiki is from Eastern Philosophy there is no place for the church within it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69027 by
I advice those who areinterested in the topic to read about it. This way they can make up their own minds and not takes others word for it.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 9 months ago #69028 by Jestor

besides, you say Reiki has no place in a church... It does at this church... lol...

No point is i am a reiki master and as Reiki is from Eastern Philosophy there is no place for the church within it.

Maybe that was your point, my friend...

My point was, TOTJO, the church, the Temple, has a place for it...

I think you are drawing to hard a line on the word church, just my opinion...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angelus,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69029 by

Jestor wrote:

besides, you say Reiki has no place in a church... It does at this church... lol...

Maybe that was your point, my friend...

My point was, TOTJO, the church, the Temple, has a place for it...

I think you are drawing to hard a line on the word church, just my opinion...:)

Oh Sweet baby jesus. Carry on then if you wish to continue to misunderstand what reiki is and what it is not.

More
11 years 9 months ago #69030 by Angelus
This isn't a matter of misunderstanding Reiki, Hannigan. Everytime people challenge your ideas, you write them off as ignorant, and that's not fair. If you know so much about Reiki, make an instructional thread about it, instead of complaining about being misunderstood. Everyone is allowed to post instructional topics.

Let's all try being a little more civil.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69031 by
She has every right to ignore your reiki request and call it 'devil's work' as you do to ask her to take part in some reiki practitioning

If she flatly and outright refuses to even listen to you about reiki then that is her loss. But the best thing you can do is to make the offer and then let her, and whatever groups you approach, decide

If she wants to learn she will but if you keep on arguing about it all that will achieve is that you'll lose your friendship

You can offer to open the door, but she has to walk through

Me and my friend get into massive arguments about politics. How do we overcome it? Don't talk about politics lol

More
11 years 9 months ago #69033 by Rosalyn J
Well, Reiki is simply the laying on of hands. As a Christian I can see parallels between that and our own practice of laying on of hands.

1. Find the source of the ailment using the hand. Putting your hand where the ailment is, conduct the energy to that spot.

2. The use of a catalyst. In church we use oil. Reiki practitioners if I am not mistaken, use symbols

3. Intonation.In church, prayer is used, sometimes in tongues,to draw the energy in. This practice draws the energy for the healing from the source.

The most important requirement is FAITH, which is true for both practices.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69036 by

Rosalyn J wrote: Well, Reiki is simply the laying on of hands. As a Christian I can see parallels between that and our own practice of laying on of hands.

1. Find the source of the ailment using the hand. Putting your hand where the ailment is, conduct the energy to that spot.

2. The use of a catalyst. In church we use oil. Reiki practitioners if I am not mistaken, use symbols

3. Intonation.In church, prayer is used, sometimes in tongues,to draw the energy in. This practice draws the energy for the healing from the source.

The most important requirement is FAITH, which is true for both practices.

Reiki also involves attunements and a few symbols thus it is quite diffrent then laying hands and praying.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi