Reiki, the devils work????

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68982 by
I was forced to make this post after a client who came to my client salon for a treatment said that she found the concept of Reiki the devils work.

I will admit her words cut deep in my heart and have left me, saddened, angry, bewildered, discussed and confused to the lunacy of such a statement.

Allow me to explain, this lady who has been and is a close friend for many years is part of NEW TRIBES MISSION. They are a missionary college.

I explained that it is regarded by Christians as the healing power of touch, but no matter what your belief system, the patient or client draws healing energy from their own faith..

She also told me the Missionary directors refused me to put up my price list as the wording INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE could be conceived as mystic....

I will be asking the directors for a meeting and ask for an explanation....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #68984 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Reiki, the devils work????
I understand that it could be a bit upsetting that a friend would react so negatively to something that you do. But on the other hand, there's no need to feel angry and disgusted. It's just her belief system, and we have to respect the differences between our beliefs and those of others. Perhaps they are based in ignorance, and a little patient explanation could make a difference to their views - or perhaps it wouldn't. Either way, try not to be angry about it as it's not personal, and don't hold a grudge about it and risk damaging your friendship :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68985 by
Replied by on topic Re: Reiki, the devils work????
Unfortunately when it comes to things like this, it's more terminology for it than anything else.

If it's not what they want it to be named then to them it's blasphemy.

Joys of religions and businesses.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68990 by
Quite a few years ago, my Western-style Reiki Master was given a handout regarding Reiki since she is a Roman Catholic chaplain. It detailed how Reiki's use of empowering symbols was an occult practice, the claims of a community ere encouraging the work of the Devil, etc etc. She was upset for a while until she realised that her intention and practise was pure and that she knew she was doing God's work with Reiki so she pretty much dismissed the handout as another example of the Church's orders coming from a person (or group of people) and not from God. Interestingly enough, the handout was written by the then Cardinal Ratzinger, who is now the current Pope! Intolerance from on high....

There will always be people who judge based upon fear and ignorance. If you are secure in your practice and intention, then hold firm to those convictions. It's upsetting that people choose to attack opinions other than their own instead of going by the maxim of "live and let live" but the best way of trying to change those opinions is for them to see what you do and why. If they still choose to think that way, then send them compassion anyway :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68992 by
Replied by on topic Reiki, the devils work????
Fear of the unknown. It may be sad but it is common place when one does not understand. Reiki and other healing energy work is getting more and more accepted. Times change and people learn.

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68998 by
I've been told to my face by my parents and some siblings that the devil is leading me astray when I discuss my new religion of Jediism and my rejection of my old one.

It's hard to get angry at a child.

Likewise, it's hard to get angry at people with childish thinking.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #69007 by Alexandre Orion

Hmmmm ...

Who are the real 'heathen' in this image ?

In 'Les Essais' Michel de Montaigne writes of this better than I can.

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Alexandre Orion.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69013 by
Thank you Alex...Your so on the ball....

More
11 years 9 months ago #69019 by Alexandre Orion
;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69021 by
Reiki has no place in the church. It is real and well the church is......

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi