7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #250553 by
Replied by on topic Jedi do not smoke.
Frontier-3 seized: 1 week
Frontier-4 ahead: 3 weeks [final]
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #250603 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Jedi do not smoke.

Lykeios wrote: Nice to see you're doing so well! I'm trying to quit too, but I'm on the longer method of reducing my cigarette intake over time. I seem to be stalled at 8 cigarettes a day so I'm considering switching to the cold-turkey method as you did.

Go for it! I used gum as a substitute, and went cold turkey. It's a long first week, but you can do it

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Rex.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250775 by

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #250778 by
Yeah, 9th day )

I had few strong physical impulses to smoke, but psychologically they were very small. The body just needs time to forget.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250914 by
9 days :)

Body is just used to having a break from activities with regular intervals. Gotta fill the gap which bad habit left with something neutral-to-good. Otherwise, I may become an ice-cream junkie )

I think excercise, music and socializing are good options. Also, meditation might be.

I thought, I'll replace smoking with meditation, but the fact is for now I replaced it with coffee, sweets, beads and staring from my balcony or talking to colleagues and walking across the office. However, today I started pull-ups at a horizontal bar at work. Perhaps, I'll try to add music! Meditation ain't easy for a busy workpace.

More
7 years 8 months ago #250925 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Jedi do not smoke.
Hey I wanted to wish you luck. I smoked on and off for seven years just before and all through my military enlistment. Then I quit cold turkey after I got out. Its not easy but you can make it. Just a tip I found cold coffee to help with nicotine withdrawal headaches.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: , , Brontyn

More
7 years 8 months ago #250928 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Jedi do not smoke.
https://youtu.be/BEpr2T_gKYw

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: , , Brontyn

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250954 by
Keeeeeeeeep gooooooooing. You are on your way to becoming a better person. The best you can be. keep it up.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251095 by

Jestor wrote: TELL me how to be better at anything without my asking, and I may use a few "un-jedi" like words to remind you to "mind your garden, and I'll mind mine"....

And, then I'll ask you read my avatar..... ;)

“Self-control has everything to do with it—that’s what being a Jedi is.”
“You,” she said, “are not a Jedi.”
He looked away. Remembering what she had done to him kindled a spark within his chest that grew into a scorching flame around his heart. His fingers dug into the lush moss that carpeted the ledge, and he made fists, tearing up a double handful, and a large part of him wanted that moss to be her neck. But years of Jedi training had armored him against rage. When he opened his fists and let those shreds fall into the wind, he let his anger fall with them.
“Being a Jedi isn’t just about using the Force.” His voice was stronger now; he was on sure ground. “It’s a commitment to a certain way of doing things—a certain way of looking at things. It’s about valuing life, not destroying it.”
“So is gardening.”

Whenever I'm weeding, I think of that interchange.

Keep it up, Den. Quitting smoking can be hard, but ultimately worthwhile, and an inspiring experience for others. Folks who are quitting, or want to quit, will approach you for tips. With this simple act that you're doing for your own health, you can have a very positive effect on others. Hell, any sort of visible, life-improving changes will inspire others and put you into a situation where you can advice and support others on a similar path.

@Kohadre: Read Star Wars "Legacy"? Death sticks are way more like hard drugs, probably meth, than cigarettes.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi