Replied by on topic Jedi do not smoke.
LOL :laugh: Keep going buddy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250060 by
But, eh, my great grandfather started smoking when he was nine and died when he was 101

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250063 by
Imo. Smoking ain't always the biggest self-destruction factor. But it is always a major limiting factor.

Thx. Maybe, without smoking, he'd still be alive - we never know.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250065 by
Well said.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #250072 by

Connor L. wrote: Jedi do not smoke is really a powerful maxim because it is what OTHER people who are not Jedi would say too.

If you were a known Jedi, and you were smoking in public, I could totally see a stranger coming up to you and saying: "Jedi don't smoke... what are you doing?"

Same with me and junk food. "Jedi aren't fat and out of shape, though.. how can you be a Jedi?"

We really need to quit telling each other how to be Jedi. How about everybody just does what is in their heart and we all stop acting like we know better?
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

More
7 years 8 months ago #250075 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Jedi do not smoke.

Snowy Aftermath wrote:
We really need to quit telling each other how to be Jedi. How about everybody just does what is in their heart and we all stop acting like we know better?

This is off topic, but I think that it's not "telling others how to be a Jedi", but encouraging others to be better Jedi. And I think we can all use the help. All of us. It's healthy to support each other in being better. We should expect that our fellow Jedi want to help us, not judge us.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250077 by
Snowy... Assumptions.. I never told anybody how to be a Jedi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #250078 by
@Leah put it right. Smoker may be a Jedi, but without cigarettes he'll make a better one.

@Snowy - I think, we can tell each other how to be a better Jedi as long as it's practical like - do not eat too much fastfood & so on.

As of a "Jedi do not smoke." - it's a better slogan then "Jedi sometimes smoke, but it isn't good for them, so it will be better if they didn't. Let's try not to smoke!"

4th day without cigarettes.

Smoke still smells good when I walk past smoking people. Friend made fun of me, telling 1 cigarette ain't forbidden. And I even don't want this 1 cigarette - I have ~the same amount of positiveness by not smoking as I 'd have by smoking.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 8 months ago #250079 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedi do not smoke.

den385 wrote: @Leah put it right. Smoker may be a Jedi, but without cigarettes he'll make a better one.

@Snowy - I think, we can tell each other how to be a better Jedi as long as it's practical like - do not eat too much fastfood & so on.

As of a "Jedi do not smoke." - it's a better slogan then "Jedi sometimes smoke, but it isn't good for them, so it will be better if they didn't. Let's try not to smoke!"

4th day without cigarettes.

Smoke still smells good when I walk past smoking people. Friend made fun of me, telling 1 cigarette ain't forbidden. And I even don't want this 1 cigarette - I have ~the same amount of positiveness by not smoking as I 'd have by smoking.

TELL me how to be better at anything without my asking, and I may use a few "un-jedi" like words to remind you to "mind your garden, and I'll mind mine"....

And, then I'll ask you read my avatar..... ;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250080 by
The loophole is that we can show each other how to be better Jedi just by doing it.

I'm inspired every day by the Knights here, and they are better teachers for never "telling" me how to be a Jedi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi