How to Find Out If Your Penis Is a Normal Size

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #243298 by Leah Starspectre

Trisskar wrote: Looks like there is a link in OP to me...*Shrugs*

The link is to the webpage article, but the article itself only vaguely references "studies" but doesn't provide links to the studies, or the raw data (if it's available). It's horrendously easy to manipulate statistics, and so proper studies usually provide raw data (or some kind of metadata) and/or are published in a scholarly journal of some kind. They often have to be be supported by duplicate studies as well.

But I think we should stay on topic. I think this thread is supposed to be about men's health and the impact penis size has on mental health/wellbeing.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Leah Starspectre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, rugadd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #243299 by Leah Starspectre
ALSO, shame on us if we can have a reasonable open discussion about women's issues, but not about men's issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, J_Roz, rugadd, Brick and 1 other people also said thanks.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #243300 by

Miss_Leah wrote: The link is to the webpage article, but the article itself only vaguely references "studies" but doesn't provide links to the studies, or the raw data (if it's available).

Study .

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #243301 by Leah Starspectre

Akkarin wrote:

Miss_Leah wrote: The link is to the webpage article, but the article itself only vaguely references "studies" but doesn't provide links to the studies, or the raw data (if it's available).

Study .

AWWW YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!! ;)

So now, I guess the question is: do you think these results would truly make a difference to men with body dysmorphia? Or even to Average Joe? Do they make YOU feel better?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
7 years 10 months ago #243302 by rugadd
Anecdotal as it is, I never worried about it.

I have seen it instantly turn friends to shame filled rage with the passing of one insensitive comment, though.

I think its grounded in instinct. "Am I mate worthy?" etc

When your primary genetic objective is put up as inadequate, it threatens a life of forced celibacy, at least, in the lizard brain.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Jestor

More
7 years 10 months ago #243304 by Leah Starspectre

rugadd wrote: Anecdotal as it is, I never worried about it.

I have seen it instantly turn friends to shame filled rage with the passing of one insensitive comment, though.

I think its grounded in instinct. "Am I mate worthy?" etc

When your primary genetic objective is put up as inadequate, it threatens a life of forced celibacy, at least, in the lizard brain.

Is it instinct, though? Or is it societal preconceptions of manhood?

In nature, an animal's worth as a mate isn't linked with penis size - they usually have some other physical marker/ritual to display.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #243306 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote: This is a CHURCH.

And I think Churches would be a lot more interesting if we could say words like penis and vagina. No one here is giggling and making fun (well...at least they're not posting it). It's important to be able to maturely handle conversations like this. We're not only a church, we are also a place of learning.

We devote lots of time to women's issues (see thread on abortion and the one about how to handle bad PMS ) but we say penis one time and we get three pages about how it's vulgar and beneath us to talk about.

This is a problem for men everywhere. The term "over compensating" is usually said as a joke but it's a real thing men do because they are wracked with insecurities. Some of those insecurities come from the thought that they may have a smaller than average penis which society tells them means that they aren't tough, manly, or able to satisfy their partner properly resulting in unending loneliness.

This issue gets almost no coverage though. This might partly be because men are also taught that talking about it makes them weak. We don't get to talk about our issues publicly or we're ridiculed as much as we would be for our perceived inadequacies. It's also not talked about because the word penis is a bad word that no one is allowed to say (see first three pages of this thread).

Even while typing this all I can think is "Will everyone think I'm overly defensive about this and therefore think I have a small penis?" It is that ingrained in the minds of men. And if they say it's not, they're probably lying. The number of men who have not at least at some point in time felt insecure about this is very small.

I, for one, am glad that Akkarin posted this. Whether I personally needed to know the information or not, it's good for it to be out there.

More
7 years 10 months ago #243307 by Carlos.Martinez3
I waited to post. I've never had a worry about tool specifications and obsessive Ness of others. I'm glad we as a community can identify other conditions from other aspects of our lives. Once again what we think what we allow in our hearts can manifest it self, even here. Spot on.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #243309 by
I think a lot of the insecurities surrounding penis size come from insecurities about nakedness in general.

From the time we are toddlers we are told that our genitals are "private parts". We spend our formative years hiding from others and hiding from ourselves because it is "offensive" or "dirty" to talk about anything sexual. So, we go through life never really knowing what "normal" is when it comes to penis size, shape, etc.

When we reach puberty and become sexually active, suddenly we find ourselves being compared to others in the competition for partners. For young men, it is easy to fixate on the obvious and assume that women are judging us based on size. This hyper awareness of our penises also happens at different times for different individuals, so it is easy for some adolescents to feel like they are less of a man because puberty comes later. All of this can contribute to anxiety about sexual interaction or even being naked at all. It can become debilitating.

If we were more comfortable with nudity in general, this might not be as important to men. I look at a whole bunch of Greek and Roman statues and it doesn't seem like those societies were too concerned about it. Otherwise, I'd expect the statue of David to be a more impressive specimen :laugh:

More
7 years 10 months ago #243310 by Carlos.Martinez3
David...He was led by his heart and fell by his flesh lol

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi