What do you do when you have PMS?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #241081 by
Okey, this questions is for girls seem so :)
My pms is very strong, from overeating to waves of emotions, depression and non motivation for anything.
So, what helps to you?
Especialy if you sufferd before but manage to put it under control!?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #241084 by Edan
The waves of emotion thing I get... there's one day a month I can predict down to the day where I have a full super depressive episode with crying and yeah... you get the picture. If I was truly honest I haven't found any solutions, just sorta workarounds.

The first thing is that I accept that it happens and not to beat myself up about it.
The second, is that I have rules for it. Rule number 1: I never make a decision when I feel that way, it's never what I'd actually want. Rule number 2: Try, even if I don't feel like it. If I don't feel like I want to leave the house or be sociable, I at least go for a short walk around the block. Sometimes if I do this I actually feel a bit better and more able to face things.

I don't know how long a period you get this over, but I have heard that what you eat and how much you exercise can have an effect on PMS. If you're binging sugar and never leave the sofa it might be worth looking at that.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #241386 by
Replied by on topic What do you do when you have PMS?
Thank you!
Well I found this helpfull. It would be nice to have some perfect solution to completely avoid it but I guess it is natural, hormons and stuff. But you have good point about tracking and setting rules. Cuz I have PMS in certain pattern too, I first have food beginning and than it comes to emotions. Few days in always the same order.
I am finished with my period now and I am feeling back on track, so I think I should find my own rituals during the pms stage (:

More
7 years 11 months ago #241415 by Codama
PMS, Yet sleep

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi