How to Find Out If Your Penis Is a Normal Size

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #243368 by
The biggest concern I see with this is the anxiety associated with the perception. Men seem to feel it is either too big or never big enough. It usually starts at puberty and may have lasting and long term anxiety, depending on the person and social experiences.

Regardless of anatomical size, male behavior in bathrooms and locker rooms can show that there can be uncertainty, anxiety and self consciousness.

Some men will use stalls rather than a urinal, some move right up to the urinal to "block" anyone from viewing (also note they have added privacy walls on urinals to help with this), when I first joined the military and have to take a group shower with 100 men. Having to give a urine sample with someone having to "watch the flow leave the body".

All of these situations can cause serious anxiety issues. None of those situations are even about sexual performance which can cause a whole new level of anxiety and doubt.

Most of the time, we do not want to discuss the topic at all and talking about it can cause even more issues especially if we do not choose our words carefully. The frustration can become overwhelming for both partners and it can seem that you cannot say the right thing to make someone feel better.

Society also seems to put an emphasis on size and with jokes and statements like: "Size does or doesn't matter."

Nakedness as a whole can be very uncomfortable and make us feel vulnerable, especially in a society that pushes a certain look, weight or size.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #243386 by Carlos.Martinez3
I have found where my own personal stigmata has come from. Being able to remove the taboo helps see why I thought the way I did.
Personally it was a adolescent fear that the longer I kept quiet and dormant at that adolescent level it grew into fear, silly fear I now know. I learned a man... a person can add value every place where condition and fear rule... here too! Here especially for the male mind. This too we can change if we so choose, the inferiority complex. It is not hand or part that is human bit the heart. I give very few people the ability to charge their silly beliefs on me... this is one. I hope others men and women can see the profit from taking charge of them selfs and knowing what they believe and feel. Conditions can be broken, even re written...even here! Especially here Maybe the Living Force be with all who have posted and those who will! Thank u Temple!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #243403 by OB1Shinobi
ok this is my serious post lol

theres nothing you can do to change your size, so the awkwardness of locker rooms and barracks and jailhouses is just something youre going to have to deal with if/when you find yourself in any of those places

what you can do is make a genuine effort to find out what it means to be a good man (or just "a good person" if you prefer) and work to become that

you can do your best to understand attraction, and you can learn what makes for great sex, because there are specific things that can improve sexual chemistry and sexual performance

you can be a high quality person, and an attractive person (which are much related) and a very good partner and a very good lover, even if your size alone is not "impressive"

i dont want to say that size is irrelevant, but theres a lot more to a man than just what you can learn from a ruler, and if you have it in those places, youre OK

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , rugadd

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #243405 by Carlos.Martinez3
Well said ob! I concur and support that idea! I am evidence as are many here! Be well!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #243425 by Adder
The instinct to compete in the male dominance hierarchy probably underlies the non-sexual anxiety around man bits. In simple terms people don't want to be labelled by things which they cannot control, because it takes away a bit of their freedom.

Appearing more masculine to prop up ones self confidence by trying to act more masculine, and lets face it how we act is an effort coming from a place of how we feel sometimes more then from a place of deliberate design. I'd say a blend most usually, but that might help define those on the lower half of the confidence scale, perhaps.

Short montage of interesting lecture bits about dominance hierarchy and how strongly it impacts us;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMpEyFeLZkU
By Jordan B Peterson, from the longer full video here
But I guess evolution is moving forward out of the old foundations. We just need to be mindful about what 'forward' means....

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion, OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #243491 by OB1Shinobi
well that will take us into another realm, but basically i would say that dominance is determined by a multitude of factors, and penis size is relatively low on the list

from what i understand, there is research to suggest that if the size of anything determines dominance, it is the size of the jaw bone, though facial dominance in humans is more than JUST jaw bone size

i would guess also the hips or rib cage MAYBE but that would be my guess and i dont know that there has ever been research on that

also it is interesting to note that some societies like horses, some orcas, and maybe most revelatory for us, BONOBOS , are matriarchal

in which case, dominance is definitely more complicated than only physical power

but in human groups, i would say that penis size is more of a bragging right than a definite indicator of dominance

there is an elevation of social status for being well endowed, and women certainly do find it attractive, and there is a higher degree of sexual opportunity available - if everything else is relatively equal

but the owner of the restaurant can almost always get more of the waitresses than the dishwasher can

and you can earn a reputation as a good lover even if you arent especially big

and if anything really really serious ever happens, who do people listen to and who do you most want to have around: the guys who actually can handle the situation, whatever it might be

and that probably isnt going to have anything to do with whats in his pants, other than his wallet, cell phone, car keys, or firearm

i have not seen any indication, from research or from anecdotal observation, that penis size actually predicts sufficient resources or competence in any non sexual realm

and I THINK that dominance in non human primates is primarily associated with the qualities of physical power, intelligence, boldness, and social acuity

i dont know what the precise order of that is and i am definitely not an expert, but across the span of primates that i have read about (chimps, gorillas, baboons, vervet monkies and rhesus monkies) those qualities seem to be pretty consistent, and i definitely see this in humans as well, with an addition

we (humans) also determine through vocational status: positions of prestige, authority, and high salary

bill gates > judge > lawyer > police officer > electrician > line cook > cashier at wal-mart > homeless

and this is not just in attracting a mate: those positions have actual (aka to some degree measurable) social power aka dominance, associated with them

so when it comes to social dominance, my guess is that there are bigger considerations than penis size

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Amaya

More
7 years 10 months ago #243510 by Amaya
I would like to point out as a woman, I fall in love and am attractive to men, never knowing the size of their penis.
Funny thing for me is, I probably wouldn't be aware if you were not normal (as such)
I understand men can be insecure about this, same as women with other areas, but trust me as long as everyone is satisfied with sex and there are positions and other ways to fulfil on both sides, it isn't your penis I am with.
It's the whole person.

This
there is an elevation of social status for being well endowed, and women definitely do find it attractive

may be true in some cases but on the whole, me and my girl friends, talk more about if you make us laugh, are loyal and yes about sex. But not the size or shape of your penis. Men seem to be all about this.

this
and you can earn a reputation as a good lover even if you aren't especially big
yes!!

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Wescli Wardest, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #243536 by

Akkarin wrote: The post was not intended to be tacky. There is a strong cultural trend relating the size of one's penis to the extent of one's manhood and by association self-worth. If there is mature and helpful discussion to be had on a topic then we should not shy away from its discussion. Indeed the very taboos surrounding this subject is one of the reasons I chose to post it, taboos which harm self-image are challenged through open, frank and mature conversation.

I look up to you being able to post these kind of subjects, Akkarin. :) Personally it is way beyond my comfort zone..

More
7 years 10 months ago #243537 by Leah Starspectre

elizabeth wrote: I would like to point out as a woman, I fall in love and am attractive to men, never knowing the size of their penis.
yes!!

I think it's more about comparing with each other more than it's about being "enough" for women.

But it's a good point. We don't go around demanding to see the goods before we get to know a guy. ;)

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #243539 by Adder

Miss_Leah wrote:

elizabeth wrote: I would like to point out as a woman, I fall in love and am attractive to men, never knowing the size of their penis.
yes!!

I think it's more about comparing with each other more than it's about being "enough" for women.

But it's a good point. We don't go around demanding to see the goods before we get to know a guy. ;)

Both, is it enough to satisfy (whether its relevant or not to her might be incidental to how the male perceives its importance) and how does it compare to others (who is a potential sexual competitor if I aint satisfying her), and that it can continue on during a relationship.

I remember sitting around getting drunk with some mates on evening when I was in my late teen's and one of them said out of the blue, so what do you guys think of penis envy....... we should not of all laughed as hard as we did, but
:lol:
Seemingly equally suspecting that he meant the male version, not the quasi-misogynist Freudian theory. It's just he asked it so sincerely :whistle:

Edit; on reflection, none us probably knew of the Freudian theory...

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Leah Starspectre

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi