"God Hates Gays"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #40931 by
Replied by on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"

ren wrote: They were faced with unbelievable things, and can hardly be blamed. One crazy guy boasts about the end of the world in the street for 10 years, then one day fire surges into the sky only to come back as hot rocks. Suddenly that crazy guy doesn't sound so crazy anymore. And there was religion.

lol well I personally think you're skipping a step or two in the creation of religion but that's just me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #40935 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
I find that i'm not so concerned with the creation of the Christian religion, but the end of it. Which, one can hope, will be soon.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #40939 by
ahhh.. yah, I'm not so eager for the end, myself. I mean, I know that as a Christian I'm supposed to want to be done with Earth and go blissfully into God's Kingdom... but ahhh... I'm just having so much fun here.

More
12 years 8 months ago #40941 by Angelus
I was referring to the end of the religion, not the planet.

And weren't you the one complaining about generalizations?

Jedi Knight

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #40947 by
I guess I misunderstood you

but in any event, I'm not keen on the end of my religion either. In fact, I can't think of any reason I would desire that.

I'm getting a little tired of being picked on for my beliefs here. I bumped heads with Ren but it seems that was more do to me being in a crappy mood and there was actually no offense intended on his part. Seems we may have gotten past that.

Why now, are you responding to each of my posts in such a confrontational manner? You're even hitting me on the things I say in humor in the "shout out". Did I do something to you?

More
12 years 8 months ago #40950 by Angelus

Solar Centurion wrote: I'm getting a little tired of being picked on for my beliefs here. I bumped heads with Ren but it seems that was more do to me being in a crappy mood and there was actually no offense intended on his part. Seems we may have gotten past that.

Why now, are you responding to each of my posts in such a confrontational manner? You're even hitting me on the things I say in humor in the "shout out". Did I do something to you?

Jedi Knight

More
12 years 8 months ago #40953 by Angelus
Oops, continued:

So this issue has been resolved with Ren? Then who, besides me, do you feel has offended you? I can't think of anyone. There's another generalization against this Temple, from someone who doesn't want to be generalized.

You said what you had say in Shout! was crude and not fit for a family site? That sounds like something that would be offensive. A day after you complain about the whole Temple not accepting and rejecting your beliefs, you become so presumptuous as to hint at making crude jokes that are bound to offend people?

Jedi Knight

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #40956 by
'Aw, crap. Guess it was too much to hope the thread would go without a fight, somewhere.' James moaned. Jack nodded in agreement, almost sorrowfully. Though, admittedly, this argument was incredibly tame to some of the outright idiotic flame wars and trolling she'd seen on other internet sites but...

"Still, this is the Temple. I would have thought that the people here, if they have this bad a disagreement, would settle it in private conversation, or talk about it in a more debate form -- where we learn from each other instead of continuing to insist they see it 'our' way..."

'Dude, you sound like Jestor.' Daline commented, sneering. Jack considered this, 'Should we step in and say something?'

'Like, maybe... how did the mother in 'Burn Notice' say it? If you boys can live with that, shake and make up. If you can't, shake and make up, anyway. Because that's what grown ups do.' Kendalina agreed. Jack wanted to point out that that probably wasn't how the quote went, but, at the same time, Kendalina had lit up a death stick and looked in the mood to stick it somewhere unpleasant if someone made her mad.

"How about I just go for the middle route and advise them to continue their conversation in private messaging? After all, they might be completely misunderstanding the other and just having a breakdown in communication, and in the meantime, it's not fair to other people on this board that the topic has strayed so far from the original."

'Besides, in private messaging, you can swear all you like.' Tom added. Everyone paused and gave Tom a long, incredulous stare.

'What? Just sayin'.' He grinned.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 8 months ago #40958 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
"dude you sound like Jestor":whistle:

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41054 by

Sapadu wrote: 'Aw, crap. Guess it was too much to hope the thread would go without a fight, somewhere.' James moaned. Jack nodded in agreement, almost sorrowfully. Though, admittedly, this argument was incredibly tame to some of the outright idiotic flame wars and trolling she'd seen on other internet sites but...

"Still, this is the Temple. I would have thought that the people here, if they have this bad a disagreement, would settle it in private conversation, or talk about it in a more debate form -- where we learn from each other instead of continuing to insist they see it 'our' way..."

'Dude, you sound like Jestor.' Daline commented, sneering. Jack considered this, 'Should we step in and say something?'

'Like, maybe... how did the mother in 'Burn Notice' say it? If you boys can live with that, shake and make up. If you can't, shake and make up, anyway. Because that's what grown ups do.' Kendalina agreed. Jack wanted to point out that that probably wasn't how the quote went, but, at the same time, Kendalina had lit up a death stick and looked in the mood to stick it somewhere unpleasant if someone made her mad.

"How about I just go for the middle route and advise them to continue their conversation in private messaging? After all, they might be completely misunderstanding the other and just having a breakdown in communication, and in the meantime, it's not fair to other people on this board that the topic has strayed so far from the original."

'Besides, in private messaging, you can swear all you like.' Tom added. Everyone paused and gave Tom a long, incredulous stare.

'What? Just sayin'.' He grinned.

Excellent point. This thread shouldn't have dissolved to this. Conflicts should have been taken care of through PM rather than involving the whole thread. I'm a bit disappointed that it happened.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi