"God Hates Gays"

More
12 years 8 months ago #41057 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
With the limited access i have to the internet through the week I will make this a short response. The title of this thread "God hates Gays" is partially funny toi me in that I ask this. Reguardless of if you believe in God or not I ask you this. First nobody knows what God truely thinks and to make any assumtions as such is silly. The other part is this: Why would it matter what anyone God or human alike thinks? If there is a judgement day will you be judged by what i did or what you did? There in lies the answer if we strive to be the best WE can be and WE show love and tolerance then we are righteous in our actions.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 8 months ago #41058 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
Heh-heh...

Ok, that made me laugh...

Controversey, man, it's a bitch...

You say this, he says that, She says... whatever she says...

You will not stop hurting of feeling, hurting of each other....

It is bound to happen...

What we need to remember, is the civilties of good manners...

I have had people hurt my feelings... in a face to face discussion...

I had my Daughter, call me out as a bad father (just absentee, not anything else...) (long story won't bother you with...)

But, you can't call me that... none of you know me in that way... You can say what you will about my actions here... The things I do share, but till you have walked in my shoes, you aint gonna ruffle my feathers...;)

What the discussion with my daughter said, had a whole lot of truth, and that is what stung... My side of the issue, well, as always there are circumstances...

False stories are just funny... Who gives a rat's a** what others think and say? I will discuss till I am satisfied with myself, and where I stand...

I am not my words, words define me poorly, but it all we have to communicate similar thoughts and ideas...:)
===========================================================================

I think I already commented.... But I will again...

God doesn't care... Maybe he did... God saw the first act of homosexuality and said, well that is not going forth and multiplying... Stop it... Or told that first author to write it in that book...

Then, as with humans, and as "we are in his image, and he in ours", possibliy he rethought his stance...

The ability to adapt... Is not this hope we all evolve? If God created us, the set us free, or even has us on a script, then this is according to plan...

So, we evolve, and God's plan going down the free will path, says we all evolve and God is watching , and most likely is evolving and learning with us...

Maybe, the script is wrote... In which case, this is all according to his plan, and he has already evolved to the point where he is cool with it... Otherwise, he woulda put a stop to it, right?

Till he whispers the Truth® (my Dad's favorite way of writing it... lol... little homage pop!), to me, to you, to us all... We just have to just keep guessing....:evil:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 8 months ago #41063 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
i was just reminded of something i heard in a quantum science video i saw in philosophy class...

"for all we know we could be the failed experiment of the dumbest kid in class"

i wish i could remember the name of the video that quote came from...it was a really interesting video.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41074 by
Replied by on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
Of course there is always the dilemma of saying you know the mind of God.

Wouldn't it be blasphemous to consider ourselves on par with God? To see that he is your equal?

Would it not also be blasphemous to say that you understood what he told you? Can you say that you understand the word of God?

Yes he might say something, but we should always doubt whatever he says. The reason being that we cannot say what he truly thinks, because in doing so would be to admit that we understand God. But we cannot understand him because he is infinitely more powerful than us.

To accept something based on blind faith is ignorance. Wouldn't you be a better Christian if you accepted that you could never understand him and so would never be arrogant enough to say what he thinks?

To say 'God hates gays' means that you know for certain what he thinks and so you know the mind of God. But you are not God. And just as I can keep secrets from you, so God can hide what he thinks, for he is all-powerful.

So even if he said it, we would not know what he meant. Indeed we could never know what any of his teachings were. God is beyond comprehension, because if he is not then he has limits. And God has no limits.

I hope no one takes offence at this post. I am merely philosophising here. I am not a Christian nor do I believe in God, but I thought it would be better to write from a Christian perspective purely for ease of writing.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 8 months ago #41101 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"

Akkarin wrote: Of course there is always the dilemma of saying you know the mind of God.

Wouldn't it be blasphemous to consider ourselves on par with God? To see that he is your equal?

Would it not also be blasphemous to say that you understood what he told you? Can you say that you understand the word of God?

Yes, I used to think this was blasphemous... My apologies to my Abrahamic brethern, and sisteren (lol)...

Not any more...

In a quote from somewhere...
"We are animals, with the intellect of Gods"...

Meaning our ability to wonder, to figure out, to question everything, is what propels us higher in the food chain, in the circle of life...

I dunno how everyone feels about that statement, but I beleive it...

Although, I am vering off topic... I was just answering the last post... This may need to go in the "God in Jediism" post...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
12 years 8 months ago #41105 by RyuJin
when you think about it though, they have that one phrase: god created man in his own image...

looking at that, then it would be safe to make the leap to: if god created man in his own image, then he gave us all the same abilities and tools that he himself has. which in essence would mean that we understand him since he made us in his image. ie if our minds are made the same as his then they function the same as his, then they understand the same as his...and now my brain hurts.... :laugh:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41110 by
Replied by on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
I was looking through the God Hates Fags site for curiousity's sakes. To access the site's Library users must enter a 'Turing number.' I found the irony deeply depressing.

Here's a couple of sections from Wikipedia:

"Alan Mathison Turing, OBE, FRS ( /ˈtjʊərɪŋ/ tewr-ing; 23 June 1912 – 7 June 1954), was an English mathematician, logician, cryptanalyst and computer scientist. He was highly influential in the development of computer science, providing a formalisation of the concepts of "algorithm" and "computation" with the Turing machine, which played a significant role in the creation of the modern computer.[1][2] Turing is widely considered to be the father of computer science and artificial intelligence"

"Turing's homosexuality resulted in a criminal prosecution in 1952, when homosexual acts were still illegal in the United Kingdom. He accepted treatment with female hormones (chemical castration) as an alternative to prison. He died in 1954, just over two weeks before his 42nd birthday, from cyanide poisoning."

More
12 years 8 months ago #41124 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
If you look at the "statistics" on the side of their site, you can see the "Number of People Damned to Hell Since you Loaded This Page". The number reaches the hundreds in a matter of moments. I wonder how they know that sort of thing and can't help but wonder where they get that idea. Essentially, to the WBC, thousands are damned to hell everyday. There won't be anyone to go to heaven at that rate!!

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
12 years 8 months ago #41127 by RyuJin
rofl that counter is actually how many people have logged in :evil: the title of it still counts though :laugh:

Quotes:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 8 months ago #41128 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
yep. For instance right now, there are 642 guests visiting totjo. I could easily change the text to "n people are doomed to fall to the dark side"

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi