"God Hates Gays"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #41131 by
Replied by on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
99.99999999999999% of people are damned to Hell because of an event involving a talking snake. Westboro make themselves useless.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #41132 by
I last looked at the site a while ago. They've gotten rid of the Turing thing since then. They probably got sick of people asking, "You know Turing was a homosexual, right?" :laugh:

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #41133 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
On the front page of the http://www.godhatesfags.com site it says:

The only lawful sexual connection is the marriage bed. All other sex activity is whoremongery and adultery, which will damn the soul forever in Hell. Heb. 13:4.

In a 2007 UK documentary by Welsh personality Keith Allen, in which Shirley Phelps-Roper and some of her children agreed to appear, Phelps-Roper is shown admitting on camera that her oldest son was born out of wedlock.

Here is a documentary about the Westboro Baptist Church you can watch in its entirety. Remember this church has less than 100 members.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-most-hated-family-in-america/ (2006)

Here is a recent update (March 2011) by the maker of the documentary. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12919646

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Br. John.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 7 months ago #41135 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
me and all my siblings were born out of wedlock as well....at least we'll be warm :laugh:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
12 years 7 months ago #41136 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
I just finished watching his new documentary. He goes back about 4 years later and they've had a significant reduction in members. I feel for those children stuck there.

This is not religion but severe mental illness.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #41137 by
I recently saw an interview with one of Phelps' sons. He's gotten out and was concerned that his mother was stuck in the group. I hope she's gotten out.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #41138 by
So, which translation of the Bible do groups like this use? Today I've remembered a Youtube video I saw once.

I hope this is true :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

'Queen James'
One area of the life of King James that for many years remained clouded in controversy was allegations that James was homosexual. As James did father several children by Anne of Denmark, it is actually more accurate to say that he was allegedly a bi-sexual. While his close relationships with a number of men were noted, earlier historians questioned their sexual nature, however, few modern historians cast any doubt on the King's bisexuality and the fact that his sexuality and choice of male partners both as King of Scotland then later in London as King of England were the subject of gossip from the city taverns to the Privy Council. His relationship as a teenager with fellow teenager Esmé Stuart, Earl of Lennox was criticized by Scottish Church leaders, who were part of a conspiracy to keep the young King and the young French courtier apart, as the relationship was improper to say the least. Lennox, facing threats of death, was forced to leave Scotland.

In the 1580s, King James openly kissed Francis Stewart Hepburn, Earl of Bothwell. Contemporary sources clearly hinted their relationship was a sexual one. When James inherited the English throne from Queen Elizabeth I in 1603, it was openly joked of the new English monarch in London that “Elizabeth was King: now James is Queen!” If there is still any doubt, it should be noted that George Villiers, also held an intimate relationship with King James, about which King James himself was quite open. King James called Villiers his “wife” and called himself Villiers' “husband”! King James died in 1625 of gout and senility. He is buried in the Henry VII chapel in Westminster Abbey, with one of his favorite male suitors on his right, and another on his left.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 7 months ago #41143 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
it all makes sense now, the puffy wigs, the capri's, the pantyhose leggings, the garter belts....there must of been alot of queens back then :woohoo:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #41305 by

RyuJin wrote: it all makes sense now, the puffy wigs, the capri's, the pantyhose leggings, the garter belts....there must of been alot of queens back then :woohoo:

You forgot the high-heels :P

On a serious note, WBC makes me extremely uneasy. I'm not comfortable around ANYONE who tells me they know exactly what our higher power is thinking.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #42067 by
I agree SB. In high school I went to a school that did that (pretty much stated that they knew what God thought). It is something that makes me uncomfortable too. While I state that I feel he believes certain things, I don't state it as the truth or word of God. It is only that, a feeling of that I think he might think. I could be right, I could be wrong.

I generally avoid most religious conversation, especially IRL because of that. I've ran into way too many people that insisted that they knew what God really wanted. And nobody knows that except for God.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi