Thanks Jestor, :) Thats cool then.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #40845 by
Replied by on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
I'm sure it's been said already... God doesn't hate. It's that simple.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #40846 by
God (Id these was a god) made homosexuality to balance out the population of a species, that's why Humans have it, and animals have it. Atleast that's what i think :)

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 8 months ago #40851 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"

Solar Centurion wrote: I'm sure it's been said already... God doesn't hate. It's that simple.

According to mythology, god drowned nearly everyone at some point. Claiming the deity as depicted in this mythology doesn't hate makes Hitler, Himler and friends look like pot-smoking hippies.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
12 years 8 months ago #40856 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
Now, i'm no crazy preacher, but when I was still Christian, I was taught to believe that god makes no mistakes, and that he is omniscient. If that's the case, then I can't help but think that he would know who is and isn't gay well before they're born. Operating under that assumption, how could any "father" (as I find he is currently refered to as) create certain people, knowing that he would hate them? That doesn't seem loving, forgiving, or fatherly. Quite the opposite, it seems sadistic and unfair. If this is the case, then I would think there is either no god, or that the notion "god hates fags" is a fallacy.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 8 months ago #40858 by ren
Well like all creators, a creator deity can make something, then later on regretting it, or it doesn't go according to plan, or simply said creator gets bored. It happens to me all the time. When I used to play Civ4, i'd wipe out the planet with my WMDs and see if people can survive in a radioactive desert with nearly no natural resources. Obviously deities like deluges better, they're all over the place in mythology. Although WMDs will probably be next.

Also it is probable that a creator deity created for the purpose of entertainment, and simply loves to hate. No good movies/series/books without baddies, considering the same myth also states that man was created in the deity's image, it's safe to assume both have the same taste in entertainment.

Also I don't see anything wrong with hating what you created. Example: you create a kid, turns out your kid becomes the new Himmler. What do you do next? send birthday presents or finish the job yourself?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #40863 by
I had a conversation with my Methodist preacher uncle once and it went something along these lines:

Me: So you believe that God has a plan and that He created everything according to this plan?
Him: Yes, and God is in everything.
Me: And you also believe that God made man in his own image?
Him: Yes.
Me: And that God is ever-loving and full of grace?
Him: Yes.
Me: So why do you hate the fact that I'm gay?
{a few moments of silence]
Him: Ah, well, I love you but not your sin.

At that point I walked away, otherwise I would have got into a heated discussion about the nature of Original Sin, the lack of reference to Satan (the cause of such things as homosexuality, in my uncle's eyes) in the Old Testament, etc.

My point? To illustrate that it's not God that hates, but Man. Which makes the term "humanity" all the more ironic sometimes....
Whatever term you use to describe your deity/deities/etc, any such notions of who or what to love or hate most probably came from the people that wrote the texts or defined the practices of that faith. The Force embraces life as another vital part of the whole scheme of things. If being gay wasn't natural, why do we keep cropping up in our millions? It might not be part of a faith's ideal plan, but you can't deny our existence and anything that exists is a vital part of the Universe/Force.

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 8 months ago #40864 by ren
The funny thing is that everything that occurs in this universe (and comes from that universe) is natural. Viruses, homos, radiation, etc.

The only argument for homosexuality not being natural is that it isn't the result of evolution (for obvious reasons)... But then again the religious gay-hating type aren't usually too fond of evolution... Just another case of selective brain function I guess.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #40866 by
o.O

I actually agree with you 100% there, Ren.

One of the problems I constantly deal with as a Christian is trying to get beyond the messes and atrocities created by others who claim to be Christian. They constantly thump the Bible and use it to condem others. And when I try to remind them about what it says about judging people, they get very cross with me.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 8 months ago #40869 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: "God Hates Gays"
and there in lies the confusion,

in biblical history according to the old testement god was angry and vengeful...mass floods, plagues, etc....

then comes the new testement with a kind and loving god...

as a child i went to many churches, some would preach only from the old testement...which seemed rather grim to me.
other churches preached only from the new testement...but they only paid it lip service...

preach one thing and do the opposite...

then occasionally i'd find a church that preached from both testements, or course they would pick and choose the parts they preached and followed....preach acceptance and tolerance of all, yet condemn the gay....

i watch the history channel and discovery alot...they found evidence proving the bible itself was compiled by a single priest sorting through a pile of gospels, he picked and chose which gospels were to be used and which weren't. over time the bible has been re-worked several times to meet approval of various monarchs or groups...such is the case with anything manmade. this is one of the other things that cause confusion in christiandom.

there is plenty of well documented evidence proving much of what is written in the bible is true. then there are plenty of things in the bible that require a leap of faith, such is the case with any religion...

a person's religion, gender, orientation, etc. makes no difference to me, what matters most is the person themself...and i feel that any diety,supreme being, or whatever would feel the same or at least should feel the same...

but that's just my take on things

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi