"God Hates Gays"

More
17 Jun 2011 01:03 #39800 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic "God Hates Gays"
Are you saying that most people find homosexuals nasty because of their sexual opinions?

When you say opinions do you mean orientation? Do you believe people choose to be gay or straight or bisexual?

Founder of The Order

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2011 08:03 #39803 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic "God Hates Gays"

Founder of The Order

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2011 17:13 #39810 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic "God Hates Gays"

Angelus wrote: How do you deal with people that, no matter how right you are, disagree because of blind faith/stupidity/hatred/etc.?

[/color]

The problem is in your sentence, no offence intended Angelus, Fr. Jon brought it up in his post on why we all strive to show we are right... No one is 'right'

lol... Even my statemets I make in this post, although I feel they are right, they are merely my opinion...

An opinion cannot be wrong, while I in no way agree with any kind of hate, or even rudeness, for I think best manners in dealing with everyone is acceptable...

Even the opinion of the Westboro Baptist... In their opinion, they are right.. Their interpetation of the Bible, is correct, to them...

While the vast majority of the world may disagree, being in the minority in your beliefs, (such as the number of Jedi to the number of Catholics), does not make the minority veiwpoint 'wrong'...

Unfourtunatly, people forget that when they talk, they are expressing an opinion... If every sentence, began, or ended, with 'In my opinion', or 'I think'... we would all have better discussions...

Instead, people state opinion, like fact... "Taco Bell is the best", "Chicago Cubs are going to win it this year", " I look good in a t-shirt two sizes to small", "Jestor rambles and expresses his opinion, like it is the final word in something...".... All of these are opinion, and while we may agree with some (like the one about Jestor the motor mouth!!), others we do not...


br.John wrote: Are you saying that most people find homosexuals nasty because of their sexual opinions?

When you say opinions do you mean orientation? Do you believe people choose to be gay or straight or bisexual?

[/color]

I don't think (s)he is saying most people, I think, they are saying that the original authors of the bible, tried to say God found homosexuality to be wrong, expressing their opinion, about what they think God would think about it....

The whole line about:

Illrian wrote: "is that God finds homosexuals to be nasty, and indeed to most they are"

[/color]


Kinda irritated me at first more than the rest, and I worried this would start a sh*tstorm in this thread, but Illrian, is expressing the opinion that still seems to be predominate in the world, although less every day, that there is something wrong with gay people...

This is evident, in the way the world works... For I see and hear bigotry every day, some faction, belittling another... enough to make me wince... so sad...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • JediChef
  • JediChef's Avatar
  • Guest
17 Jun 2011 19:32 #39812 by JediChef
Replied by JediChef on topic "God Hates Gays"
It is my opinion, that the Statement " God hates gays" Has its basis in lack of solid fact.
Not wanting to totally derail this thread, God Loves!

With all the anger , depression , hatred, war, and strife in the world we have no right telling two people , whoever they are , no matter what race , creed or orientation, that they are wrong for loving someone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • krazykoyote
  • krazykoyote's Avatar
  • Guest
17 Jun 2011 20:57 #39813 by krazykoyote
Replied by krazykoyote on topic "God Hates Gays"
Looking at the Laws in the books of Genesis-Numbers, a lot of them were based, probably unknowing to the people of the time, on hygiene. Look at the food laws and what was prohibited from eating, most of these carried diseases and caused sickness, but with the understanding of proper cooking and cleaning these foods are healthy now. Even Jesus said it's not what goes in the mouth that makes one unclean, but what comes out. Onto the current debate, thinking about the general state of cleanliness and availability of clean water and soap, I don't see the passage "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman. That is detestable." Leviticus 18:22, as a problem with same sexes loving each other, it was simple hygiene. I won't go into details here, because I think we get the picture. Just something to ponder over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • daystar
  • daystar's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Jun 2011 11:36 - 21 Jun 2011 16:13 #39861 by daystar
Replied by daystar on topic "God Hates Gays"
I did have a very angry response to this topic. I have now deleted it.
Last edit: 21 Jun 2011 16:13 by daystar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2011 16:13 #39863 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic "God Hates Gays"
Slightly off topic... However...

daystar wrote: Honestly this whole "GOD" is just an idea, a hope that something will be there for them, because their too infantile to cope with the harsh realities of life and death.

[/color]

This 'idea' of God applies to everything... Those who choose to believe in God, have the idea he exists, and it is thier right....

Those who have the idea that there is no 'God', myself included, have the idea that no 'God' exists...

These are our thoughts, and one does not invalidate the idea of the other...
===================================================
Back on topic a little more...

This interpetation of the Bible, of God hating anyone, is as valid to those who believe it as it is invalid to those of us who choose to interpetthe bible in a different way...

We are the majority opinion, but as I have said before, that does not make us right... Simply in agreement with each other, on a larger scale...

Remember, the majority thought the earth was flat....

In my opinion....;)

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • daystar
  • daystar's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Jun 2011 16:16 #39864 by daystar
Replied by daystar on topic "God Hates Gays"
Jestor how was what I wrote before off topic. My opinion just as some of your posts go alittle deeper to who is saying things in the first place.
Understand that this is my opionion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2011 17:58 #39866 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic "God Hates Gays"
Not your post daystar, mine....

I was veering toward the fact that our Abrahamic brothern, have their beliefs, whereas you and I have ours...B) ...

Then I went back on topic... nothing to do with your post, my friend....

Although, now that you mention it, you deleting your original post is one of the reasons I think editing should be minimal...

I didn't think your post was angry at all....:huh:

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Coperiana
  • Coperiana's Avatar
  • Guest
22 Jun 2011 03:30 #39872 by Coperiana
Replied by Coperiana on topic "God Hates Gays"

JediChef wrote: It is my opinion, that the Statement " God hates gays" Has its basis in lack of solid fact.
Not wanting to totally derail this thread, God Loves!

With all the anger , depression , hatred, war, and strife in the world we have no right telling two people , whoever they are , no matter what race , creed or orientation, that they are wrong for loving someone.


Agreed. In my opinion: Everyone deserves acceptance. We are all God's People and we should strive toward that acceptance peacefully. Same thing goes for other races, genders, ages, and other religious outlooks upon life.
Accept, love and protect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick