A question of The Force.

More
05 Oct 2018 16:17 #327405 by Zanthan Storm
Agreed, though thought experiments would be able to provide a basis for a theory; this is besides the point.
Human evolution has gotten us some pretty cool stuff. Eventually we may be able to have powers, this is not what we teach here, telekinesis is not a mandatory skill.

The closest I would think we could get is clarity of mind. Enhancements to our own perception through training, meditation and thoughtful discourse. There is plenty of scientific research to assist with that.

NO one can force you to believe a certain way, if you are determined to work on this, no one can stop your quest there. However, the basics, the underlying theory of abrahamic Jediism should be mastered first before setting such a goal.

Just my 2 cents.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.D.

Arch-bishop Abrahamic Rite
Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

3rd Degree Master Mason
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann


"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Uzima Moto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2018 16:28 - 05 Oct 2018 16:31 #327406 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic A question of The Force.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: You would have little to back up that theory lol..
What I'm talking about is a real scientific approach to the way The Force works..

Theoretically, someone could use their aura to gather an electrical charge and cast it out. Since it can affect electromagnetic energy. It's not too far of a stretch. I think Energy Work and Social Work go hand in hand for us.. I wouldn't think that they're separate paths but part of the same walk..


The problem with your "theory" is that you cant approach something scientifically when you are trying to work with a "force" that science has never been able to detect. Step one in this would to actually provide scientific evidence of its existence before one can go about harnessing it.


They've been trying to study it scientifically for decades. More specifically, studying "auras" and their effects on people and the general world around them. There's been some marginal success. Most notably is the work done with some monks in the recent past.

Wait, are you telling me that in a community dedicated to the study of the mysteries of Life and "The Force". You guys aren't already informed about this type of stuff?

Why are folks trying to be jedi? People could be helpful and philosophical types without claiming to be "Force Users/Adherents"

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2018 16:31 by Uzima Moto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Arisaig
  • Arisaig's Avatar
  • Guest
05 Oct 2018 16:39 #327407 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic A question of The Force.

Uzima Moto wrote: They've been trying to study it scientifically for decades. More specifically, studying "auras" and their effects on people and the general world around them. There's been some marginal success. Most notably is the work done with some monks in the recent past.

Wait, are you telling me that in a community dedicated to the study of the mysteries of Life and "The Force". You guys aren't already informed about this type of stuff?

Why are folks trying to be jedi? People could be helpful and philosophical types without claiming to be "Force Users/Adherents"


Who are 'They'?

We do study the Force, the energy that binds all things, connects them, et cetera, yadda yadda... But many of us focus on what the Jedi did, rather than the power they would wield by bending the Force to their will. They were teachers, students, warriors, friends, servants, and family to all. Once can be an excellent Jedi without being able to lift rocks with their mind. In fact, the best Jedi were those that had that type of awesome power but didn't use it, instead relying on their own power, their ability, to bring peace to the world wherever they went. To fight against injustice, to help up the fallen, to shield the defenceless, and speak for the silent... all this, in many of our eyes (if not almost all) is more important than a metaphysical superpower. Because, when applied excellently, this type of lifestyle can change the world around you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2018 16:39 - 05 Oct 2018 16:40 #327408 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic A question of The Force.
I have a strong leaning to Abrahamic practice. There's a certain practicality to it. The dietary laws are actually healthy. There are hygiene codes. And the 10 commandments are designed for how we treat others and "God".. but most religions of the time come from a somewhat observant study of Nature..

Now, in modern days, the days of Marxism and Mercantilism, our religions are products of fantastical thought and science is nearly devoid of spiritual life..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2018 16:40 by Uzima Moto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2018 16:46 #327409 by Zanthan Storm
Many things that require discipline are.

They are not mutually inclusive or exclusive.

Many just come to learn to seek fullness in their spiritual life.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.D.

Arch-bishop Abrahamic Rite
Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

3rd Degree Master Mason
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann


"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig, Uzima Moto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2018 16:59 - 05 Oct 2018 17:02 #327410 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Uzima Moto wrote: They've been trying to study it scientifically for decades. More specifically, studying "auras" and their effects on people and the general world around them. There's been some marginal success. Most notably is the work done with some monks in the recent past.

Wait, are you telling me that in a community dedicated to the study of the mysteries of Life and "The Force". You guys aren't already informed about this type of stuff?

Why are folks trying to be jedi? People could be helpful and philosophical types without claiming to be "Force Users/Adherents"


By "they" do you mean scientists? You are correct, it has been studied and shown again and again that claims of its existence to be completely false. There has been no verifiable, reproducible, commonly observed evidence of such a forces existence. Currently its relegated to the realm of pseudo-science and quackery.

Of course this is not to say that it cant exist, only that it has never been shown to exist and no evidence of its existence or claim of its existence has ever proven viable. Attempts to show any sort of paranormal or extra normal abilities like this have never produced any better results than the results expected with chance or random guessing.

As to why people here are trying to be Jedi, to study reality, not to reproduce a fantasy ability from a science fiction movie.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
Last edit: 05 Oct 2018 17:02 by Kyrin Wyldstar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2018 17:07 #327412 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic A question of The Force.

Arisaig wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: They've been trying to study it scientifically for decades. More specifically, studying "auras" and their effects on people and the general world around them. There's been some marginal success. Most notably is the work done with some monks in the recent past.

Wait, are you telling me that in a community dedicated to the study of the mysteries of Life and "The Force". You guys aren't already informed about this type of stuff?

Why are folks trying to be jedi? People could be helpful and philosophical types without claiming to be "Force Users/Adherents"


Who are 'They'?

We do study the Force, the energy that binds all things, connects them, et cetera, yadda yadda... But many of us focus on what the Jedi did, rather than the power they would wield by bending the Force to their will. They were teachers, students, warriors, friends, servants, and family to all. Once can be an excellent Jedi without being able to lift rocks with their mind. In fact, the best Jedi were those that had that type of awesome power but didn't use it, instead relying on their own power, their ability, to bring peace to the world wherever they went. To fight against injustice, to help up the fallen, to shield the defenceless, and speak for the silent... all this, in many of our eyes (if not almost all) is more important than a metaphysical superpower. Because, when applied excellently, this type of lifestyle can change the world around you.


Lol well, the Soviets for one lol..

Also, it's not about "lifting rocks" for me either. Metaphysical study kind of comes with the territory in my mind. Especially since that's what started my journey. That knowledge can also be applied to our mission to humanity and nature. Also, for our personal growth.

Think of it this way. Mediumship is forbidden, right? Well, trying to contact the dead can have grave consequences for those trying to reach as well as the person they're trying to reach. Pulling them from their rest and prolonging their journey deeper into The Force. Intense mourning has that same pull. Helping people understand what happens to loved ones who pass will help society at large learn to make peace with death..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2018 17:25 #327414 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic A question of The Force.
Kyrin, that's where you would be wrong. If you have a closed mind about the issue. Then that's what you will find.. My EXPERIENCE is vastly different. There's nothing fantastical about it. It's a natural consequence of how The Force works.. reality, in other words..

If you wanted to just have a philosophy that helps others and builds self you could've been a Mason.. but even they believe in a "higher power"..

What's the point of claiming to study The Force, but not all it's aspects? The eastern practice of meditation is the cornerstone of metaphysical study. Leading to the cleansing of chakras, qi-control, mindfulness, etc..

See, this is how the fictional Jedi failed..

"A form of godliness but denying the power thereof"..

But where Jedi had The Force but were about "The order". We have the order, the philosophy, but no power.. Power is essential.. but true power, not worldly power over people..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2018 17:55 #327416 by Carlos.Martinez3
Quantum mechanics and physics strayed there is a connection that exist , can’t quite pin point exactly when where and why but we can say as humans - we are just now realizing it’s existance and some old ideas may be from this connection.
Wether you seek a explanation or a doctorin, today 2018 - thru modern day Jedi ism you can have your choice of what you believe.Iyd kinda like if you were in a world with no one to control or tell you what to believe - what would it be? Would you take the freedoms or would you not. In real life - this is the oldest question we as humans have. What do we believe. The arguments begin when we begin to think one is right and one is wrong. Once you get over that simple argument - brothers and sisters we become. Fellow humans become a part of a greater path- or- join the common fight and get upset st one another. Our choice.
At my table there are choirs for anyone willing to sit and eat - regardless of their label. Ya gotta eat right? Here we give the freedoms to define it - the Force - for ourselves. If it’s argunents we want - we will find them- if it’s conections, we can find that too. Seek and you most ceartainly shall find friends ...
Force be with us all as we continue to seek it

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uzima Moto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2018 18:48 #327418 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Uzima Moto wrote: Kyrin, that's where you would be wrong. If you have a closed mind about the issue. Then that's what you will find.

What's the point of claiming to study The Force, but not all it's aspects? .


The Soviet and American research on such phenomena dates from the early 1920s but really took off in the 50s with when the cold war started. The Soviets became fascinated with telepathy. They had designs that included ship-to-shore communications with submarines without the use of electronic equipment. They also wanted to train cosmonauts to develop and use precog capabilities so they could "foresee and avoid space accidents.” Psychokinesis was also on the agenda as a way to "disrupt missile electrical systems." However none of their experiments ever produced even a shred of evidence that any sort of bio-energetic field existed that could be harnessed to generate such capabilities. In effect every attempt to prove supernatural ability failed.

And it’s not that I don’t have an open mind. As I stated before, I’m not claiming such things do not exist, I’m only rejecting current claims that they do exist. If anyone were to produce the extraordinary evidence required to support the extraordinary claim it would have to be accepted by the scientific community. However that has never been the case and the fact that extensive testing has been done for decades lends itself to the idea that it is nothing more than a fantastical idea relegated to wishful thinking and science fiction.

Same goes for mediumship. I have no idea why you say it’s forbidden? Who is forbidding it? I find your explanation of the spirit realm particularly fascinating since you claim to be an Abrahamic Jedi. Would that not mean you believe in Heaven instead of this idea that a soul somehow melts into the Force after death of the body? It seems that you are mixing your mythologies in a very inconsistent way. As well your claim that if we study the force but do not study all of its aspects is a logical fallacy. Its like saying why do we study God if we do not study all of his aspects. However you are simply begging the question here. Before you can study God, or the Force, first you must demonstrate that it even exists.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: EdanKobosBrick