Is TOTJO inclusive or Exclusive is this a plus or a minus

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185634 by OB1Shinobi
i hope its understood im seriously not trying to be a smartss - as soon as one fight ended it went straight into the beginings of another

i see myself saying things to people and later think "it was very NOT who i want to be that i reacted that way"

i just want to be clear my intent is not finger pointing at anybody only examination in a healthy way and i know im in the same boat even if mine didnt rock on this specific occassion

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185635 by Brenna

OB1Shinobi wrote: i hope its understood im seriously not trying to be a smartss - as soon as one fight ended it went straight into the beginings of another

i see myself saying things to people and later think "it was very NOT who i want to be that i reacted that way"

i just want to be clear my intent is not finger pointing at anybody only examination in a healthy way and i know im in the same boat even if mine didnt rock on this specific occassion

I believe we all understood your intention, which is why i thanked you, but we have exhausted the topic. Perhaps you could start another thread about examining our reactions? I think it would be an interesting discussion.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, OB1Shinobi

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 1 month ago #185636 by ren

Venator Mortis wrote: Page 4, Ren stating "Cops shoot at will" which is far from true...
http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/109135-the-interview-gets-pulled?start=30

I moved to a country where cops are rarely armed, and I quite like that... Except some of them still are armed, and in fact, just as I moved to that country, they shot a brazilian guy in the street because he sorta looked like he might have been a muslim terrorist (he looked foreign and slightly tanned). Search "cops shoot" and "terrorists shoot" on google, compare the results and perhaps you will gain some perspective.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 1 month ago #185639 by Jestor
There are good stories too buddy...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185641 by
If you arent breaking the law you have nothing to worry about. Simple:)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #185642 by RyuJin

Venator Mortis wrote: If you arent breaking the law you have nothing to worry about. Simple:)

that's not always the case....i was walking home one night and got arrested for nothing....i wasn't breaking any laws, just walking home.....after my release the excuse they gave me was because "i fit the description of the suspect"....yet i was walking home from the completely opposite direction that the crime had occurred in... if i had committed a crime i'd have to be a complete moron to walk towards the crime scene within 20 minutes of committing it....

sadly in america it is a common occurrence for people to be wrongly arrested...and for minorities to be shot...look at the justice departments findings on ferguson....it happens...cops are not infallible...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185646 by

Brenna wrote:

Venator Mortis wrote: He trains harder than most Masters on these sites. In other Jedi groups they actually support Hannigan and see TOTJO as bullies.

And how have you determined this? Are you well acquainted with the personal training habits of the masters here?

And who is "they" since we have established that there are members of TOTJO who are also members of other groups?

I can vouche for Hannigans training habits. He lived in my house for over a year. Yes, he does train more than most jedi I've met. No he is not the only one that does train dutifully.

As for the rest

Hannigan. That's enough. You know you can do better than this, you are shameing our given rank as Knights by this behavior. If you wish to hold a discussion then do so. Without the personal insults and mockery.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185647 by

RyuJin wrote:

Venator Mortis wrote: If you arent breaking the law you have nothing to worry about. Simple:)

that's not always the case....i was walking home one night and got arrested for nothing....i wasn't breaking any laws, just walking home.....after my release the excuse they gave me was because "i fit the description of the suspect"....yet i was walking home from the completely opposite direction that the crime had occurred in... if i had committed a crime i'd have to be a complete moron to walk towards the crime scene within 20 minutes of committing it....

sadly in america it is a common occurrence for people to be wrongly arrested...and for minorities to be shot...look at the justice departments findings on ferguson....it happens...cops are not infallible...

I Can see your point my friend but it's the 10% rule. I was a victim of police brutality myself but I realize most cops are good in my experience.

More
9 years 1 month ago #185650 by steamboat28

New thread on this topic here .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , OB1Shinobi

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #185651 by RyuJin
i don't even think 10% are bad i think it's less...but it only takes 1 bad apple to ruin the bunch..as the expression goes...

i've had friends in the clearwater police dept...and had terrible experiences with the tarpon springs police dept...and had mixed experiences with the local sheriff's deputies, and state troopers...many of them have admitted to me that their mood sometimes influences how they treat someone...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi