Is TOTJO inclusive or Exclusive is this a plus or a minus

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #185621 by RyuJin
we have police officers as members here....having one agree with someone doesn't mean squat....officers are human and therefor as fallible as anyone else......

i was bullied most of my childhood...big flipping deal....he comes here and bullies some of our members which is why so many get agitated about it....but we always end up letting him come back...and we don't go to his preferred site to bully him or "tattle tale" on him....after he's had his fill on amusement and leaves everything is over....we don't continue on about it....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 1 month ago #185622 by Brenna

Venator Mortis wrote: Page 4, Ren stating "Cops shoot at will" which is far from true...
http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/109135-the-interview-gets-pulled?start=30

Thats your evidence of someone disrespecting a cop?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

More
9 years 1 month ago #185624 by steamboat28

Venator Mortis wrote: Page 4, Ren stating "Cops shoot at will" which is far from true...
http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/109135-the-interview-gets-pulled?start=30

What does this have to do with the thread? At all?

There have been many, many instances of questionable activity from police officers around the world in the past century. To the point that extrajudicial deaths caused by LEOs has a single page PER YEAR for the last six years. Being a police officer--being anything--isn't automatically deserving of unwavering respect, and to pull a single individual's comments completely out of their context to try to justify a negative view of this organization is completely absurd on a logical level.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185626 by
Wow very well then. I see where this group stands now. Thank you:)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185627 by Brenna

Venator Mortis wrote: I was bullied for most of my life and I do not stand for it anymore.

Ok, i think we all need to take a breath here.

This is a serious and genuine question, so please take it with the care that its meant.

This is one of the few threads that you've participated in here, and while there's nothing wrong with that, it says a lot about how you feel that you're so vocal in a thread where you feel you see bullying.

This forum does get a little rowdy, but for the most part we do all care deeply for one another. And with this particular thread, there is a lot of history and a lot of water under the bridge which makes it seem very intense.

I think everyone is just feeling a little upset and defensive. Even though we have a number of members who are actively involved with others TOTJO gets attacked all the time by a few members of other groups. but no one stops to consider why, or consider how much that might hurt the people here. We are just human after all.

You understand obviously what it feels like to be bullied, and that is clearly why you have chosen to react so vocally in this thread. As someone who understands what it feels like, can you honestly blame us for feeling the same way when someone is making accusations about us? Accusations that we truly believe aren't real.

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, RyuJin, , Breeze el Tierno

More
9 years 1 month ago #185628 by Breeze el Tierno
We've each taken our share of abuse, I think. No one is immune.

Let's take a step back, let this rest until tomorrow. A lot of feelings, a great deal to prove, and a profound disconnect in the communication. Too much discontent for a real dialogue.

Enough for tonight. Please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185630 by

Brenna wrote:

Venator Mortis wrote: I was bullied for most of my life and I do not stand for it anymore.

Ok, i think we all need to take a breath here.

This is a serious and genuine question, so please take it with the care that its meant with.

This is one of the few threads that you've participated in here, and while there's nothing wrong with that, it says a lot about how you feel that you're so vocal in a thread where you feel you see bullying.

This forum does get a little rowdy, but for the most part we do all care deeply for one another. And with this particular thread, there is a lot of history and a lot of water under the bridge which makes it seem very intense.

I think everyone is just feeling a little upset and defensive. Even though we have a number of members who are actively involved with others TOTJO gets attacked all the time by a few members of other groups. but no one stops to consider why, or consider how much that might hurt the people here. We are just human after all.

You understand obviously what it feels like to be bullied, and that is clearly why you have chosen to react so vocally in this thread. As someone who understands what it feels like, can you honestly blame us for feeling the same way when someone is making accusations about us? Accusations that we truly believe aren't real.

I understand. I just would just like to see where the founder of The COJ wanted you to follow him because I know him personally. He never mentioned that. But I will pull back on my accusations. MTFBWY

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago #185631 by Brenna
Thank you Venator.

May the Force be with you.

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185632 by OB1Shinobi

OB1Shinobi wrote:
i think its an example of how conflict is addictive

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185633 by Brenna

OB1Shinobi wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Loudzoo wrote: Boring I know (given how entertaining this thread is :) )

- I think the fact that this thread has gone on for 7 pages now is a perfect example of how inclusive TOTJO is.

i think its an example of how conflict is addictive

*nod

Which is why we have all made the decision to step away now. Thank you for the reminder OB1Shinobi.

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi