• User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185459 by Brenna

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Brenna wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: Brenna and Edan

Brenna Your claim that many totjo members are out in the community. If two lurkers count as many members here at totjo then either your math skills or poor or that totjo has lost more members then I thought.

Two lurkers? You mean the two members who were actively participating in your original discussion? I think Alethea may not thank you for calling her a lurker that doesnt participate in the community :D

Not to mention the totjo members who you met, physically, in person, at gatherings.

It appears that once again we are having communication issues. A lurker is a person who has accounts at groups or forums but does not play a active role at said group or forum. So to answer your question yes my statement still holds true.

I can think of 3 totjo members and one former totjo member that i have met in person. I hold respect for 1 of the 3 members i met and the other well to be fair I will not tell tails outside of school about the other 2.

As it pertain to Allie to be honest she is a FA member all the way, but a great ambassitor of FA through the Jedi Realist community as a whole. I shall use your jib and use her as a example. Allie is a active part within the Jedi Realist community. she holds a great deal of respect at many communities. FA may be where she hangs her hat, however she travels often and posts her thoughts to groups/forums often and does not just post links to FA to get people to join that site.

Your personal feelings on those members aside, you still met totjo members, participating in the wider community. There are still totjo members involved in other groups. And Alethea is still a member here. An apprentice to our founder no less. So, inconvenient to your assertions.

And there are 4 members in this thread alone who are both members of totjo who are also members elsewhere.... yourself included ;)

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: a67

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185460 by

Adder wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: https://www.facebook.com/groups/churchofjediism/10155397529550578/?comment_id=10155403070895578¬if_t=like

Sigh..... haters going to hate, and there be some hating on TOTJO in that facebook thread :S :lol: :angry:

I'm a member there too actually, and can see why I don't post much B)

Why is it that you do not "post much" there. As a knight of totjo that means you represent this order and should do so with pride. As a knight of totjo I believe you would be a great representative of this order and perhaps you would help others to find value in totjo teachings.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185461 by
In a thread entitled "Does anyone know how to become an official Jedi" which I would take to mean, does anyone know where I can join a Jedi organisation, a member responded by providing a link toa Jedi organisation they are a part of. That looks more like answering the question than advertising, advertising would be starting a thread with "Come join TotJO".

Later in the thread you then link to: http://thejedimanual.webs.com/ well I guess then that must be advertising.

There was also a post about Jedi Church UK, so it hardly seems as though TotJO is SO guilty of advertising for our own nefarious interests.

That TotJO member also said that they were a Temple Member which is very different to if a Councillor such as myself came along and said "Hey guys you should all join TotJO."

Since I mentioned elitism let me pull two quotes.

The link you posted to jedi Manual had this description: "Home - This site is dedicated to those who truly wish to follow the Jedi Path."
Truly wish to follow the Jedi Path - so if we are not a part of that then we are not truly following the Jedi Path? That is an example of elitism.

The second quote is from you:

Third intead of trying to reach the ideas of Jedi Realism to the best of your ability why not raise your standards instead of lowering the standards of the Jedi Realist.

Lowering the standards of the Jedi Realist? So we are lower standards of Jedi for being a part of TotJO than we would be if we were not a part of TotJO? That is also an example of elitism.

I will look through and respond to that thread later today, for I have lectures to attend.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185462 by Adder

MJ Hannigan wrote: Why is it that you do not "post much" there. As a knight of totjo that means you represent this order and should do so with pride. As a knight of totjo I believe you would be a great representative of this order and perhaps you would help others to find value in totjo teachings.

Yep I do from time to time, but not as a TOTJO Knight, just as myself... I don't advertise TOTJO by my presense, Im a Jedi firstly... rank/association is secondary. Perhaps that we dont advertise so much is in fact why you don't think we participate!!!!!
:silly:

Problem is a lot of other sites seem to ramble on about stuff which to me really isn't anything to do with how I see Jedi or making effort towards being a Jedi, but I don't judge - as we each have a personal path, and if anyones path happens to align anywhere near mine I try to take an interest to help and learn
:side:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, a67

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185463 by
Brenna
I think i see where our communication is failing. Perhaps this question would have been better served earlier. What would you consider a member of totjo to entail? For example do you consider people who log in every week, month, or year a member?

What I personally consider a member to be is a active person within a community. As a example I do hold a account here at totjo but I have never considered myself a member of totjo due to the fact that I am not a active member here. Which is something I would certainly consider changing if I was not trolled so hard when I start topics of discussion.

It is also rude to demand answers without giving them. You said TOTJO has many members who venture outside the wallls of totjo and and I am still waiting to see which of those many members you are speaking about. Perhaps after pondering what a member means to you, you will be able to better answer that question. If said answer takes a few hours, days or weeks to answer that is fine you do not need to answer said question until you feel prepared to do so.

More
9 years 1 month ago #185464 by Rosalyn J
But Hannigan, I myself am an example of at least one. Others have said in this thread that they also venture out. I believe that is sufficient.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185465 by

Akkarin wrote: In a thread entitled "Does anyone know how to become an official Jedi" which I would take to mean, does anyone know where I can join a Jedi organisation, a member responded by providing a link toa Jedi organisation they are a part of. That looks more like answering the question than advertising, advertising would be starting a thread with "Come join TotJO".

Later in the thread you then link to: http://thejedimanual.webs.com/ well I guess then that must be advertising.

There was also a post about Jedi Church UK, so it hardly seems as though TotJO is SO guilty of advertising for our own nefarious interests.

That TotJO member also said that they were a Temple Member which is very different to if a Councillor such as myself came along and said "Hey guys you should all join TotJO."

Since I mentioned elitism let me pull two quotes.

The link you posted to jedi Manual had this description: "Home - This site is dedicated to those who truly wish to follow the Jedi Path."
Truly wish to follow the Jedi Path - so if we are not a part of that then we are not truly following the Jedi Path? That is an example of elitism.

The second quote is from you:

Third intead of trying to reach the ideas of Jedi Realism to the best of your ability why not raise your standards instead of lowering the standards of the Jedi Realist.

Lowering the standards of the Jedi Realist? So we are lower standards of Jedi for being a part of TotJO than we would be if we were not a part of TotJO? That is also an example of elitism.

I will look through and respond to that thread later today, for I have lectures to attend.

Wow wonderful points were certainly presented.
Lets see Where to start

Yes i certainly did post a link to one of my site from 2007. A site that is information only and does not contain a forum or membership required to read anything to. A site that has not been updated since the day i put it up for all to read.

As it pertains to Elitism I have no issues with the word or calling myself a Elitest. Not hard to see that fact and not a shock to anyone reading it. I feel that Jedi Knights/Masters should be Elitest as not everyone who was a padawan made it to knight/master status.

As it pertains to standards and so forth that is a foolish concept to explore at this time and really you are deflecting statements in attempt to make me look bad. In your place i do not blame you. I mean really why not have a discussion about TOTJO member being more active and less posting links to get members then attacking Hannigan from yet another front. Tactfully speaking from your side it is logical however it is a foolish straw man argument that you should certainly be better then.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185466 by Brenna

MJ Hannigan wrote: Brenna
I think i see where our communication is failing. Perhaps this question would have been better served earlier. What would you consider a member of totjo to entail? For example do you consider people who log in every week, month, or year a member?

What I personally consider a member to be is a active person within a community. As a example I do hold a account here at totjo but I have never considered myself a member of totjo due to the fact that I am not a active member here. Which is something I would certainly consider changing if I was not trolled so hard when I start topics of discussion.

It is also rude to demand answers without giving them. You said TOTJO has many members who venture outside the wallls of totjo and and I am still waiting to see which of those many members you are speaking about. Perhaps after pondering what a member means to you, you will be able to better answer that question. If said answer takes a few hours, days or weeks to answer that is fine you do not need to answer said question until you feel prepared to do so.

If we are going to sit and discuss what we consider members then we might as well give up now. I am not in the habit of dictating the terms of peoples membership and experience. That would seem somewhat... exclusive perhaps? To tell someone that I dont consider them enough of a member.

I can think of several members just off hand, I even mentioned one by name (though it discomforts me. Im not easy with bringing unsuspecting members into a thread) and two other participants in this thread alone have openly said that they are members of other communities too.

Im not sure how else to offer you facts without a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet with every member of totjo cross referenced with their other memberships. But I suspect that would still not be good enough and youd continue to move the goal posts. I have no desire to be the embodiment of The Myth of Sisyphus

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Brenna.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185467 by
Brenna
Unless i am mistaken I did ask for your opinion one what a member means.

Feel free to use more attacks and blanket statements. To be honest i find them fairly amusing. However until you are prepared with the information requested any and all information you request will be ignored. As much as i am amused by your personal attacks and you need to being up the word elitest after another member did i find it growing old and quite childish.

When you are prepared to answer the many members or totjo who actively take part in dicussions at other groups or forums let me know so we can perhaps move forward.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago #185468 by Brenna

MJ Hannigan wrote: Brenna
Unless i am mistaken I did ask for your opinion one what a member means.

Feel free to use more attacks and blanket statements. To be honest i find them fairly amusing. However until you are prepared with the information requested any and all information you request will be ignored. As much as i am amused by your personal attacks and you need to being up the word elitest after another member did i find it growing old and quite childish.

When you are prepared to answer the many members or totjo who actively take part in dicussions at other groups or forums let me know so we can perhaps move forward.

I have already provided you answers. The fact that they are not the answers you want to hear or understand is something beyond my ability to resolve. Which makes my continued presence in this discussion, unproductive. *bows out*

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi