Is TOTJO inclusive or Exclusive is this a plus or a minus

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185469 by
By the way I want to thank all those who added value to this topic.
Akkarin
I am looking forward to seeing your thought on Standard, Requirement and the concept of the Elite on another topic so it can be fully discussed.

Roz
Again thank you for your thoughts and I am hopeful to see you on skype or better still at a gathering in the future and incase I did not mention it earlier I am happy to see that your hard work and effort has paid off here at TOTJO where you are recognized a a knight.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185470 by
To answer the original question, I have found TOTJO to be extremely inclusive. This is of course from a personal viewpoint (I have no right to comment on the experiences of others), as I have found myself both accepted and listened to by the people here, despite the fact that I may disagree with some ideas, and have differing opinions on the tenets and what being a Jedi really means.

This could also serve to explain why nobody can really give a concrete number as to how many TOTJO members are also members of other Jedi groups. There is no requirement that people join or participate a certain number of groups, and so no one here will ask that information unless you bring it up yourself.

I personally joined a number of communities in the beginning, but as I live in a very 'secluded' part of the world, I cannot take part in any gatherings or meetups. For me, the most important aspect of any community was the level of activity online, as that is the only way I can contribute. Many other groups simply weren't active enough for what I desire (or had views that were simply too different to my own). There may still be many groups I am not aware of, but out of the ones I did find, TOTJO gave me the best opportunity to contribute the only way I can.

I hope my answer helps somewhat

More
9 years 1 month ago #185471 by Amaya
I am a member of other sites, I find it helpful and while I am quiet in general I am active in training, I have never posted links to Totjo or other sites of which I am a member and have never felt like any site was better than another.
Every site holds value in its own way and being a part of and learning on different sites helps me personally.
However I do think of Totjo as my home because it was the place where I began my journey and I have a great deal of respect and love for it. Which in no way colours my experiences at other sites.

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, a67, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo

More
9 years 1 month ago #185475 by a67
Hi B)
The only problem I see is where you denigrate TotJO.
:huh:
Then I sense arrogance in a lot of your post.
You seem a good Jedi.
Perhaps one day off per week would be great to recover your serenity. ;)

More
9 years 1 month ago #185483 by Edan

Edan wrote: Why is it so important to you that members here are members elsewhere?

Hannigan, I can't see your response to this question?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185485 by

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Connor L. wrote: TOTJO is both inclusive and exclusive. I figure that's pretty easy to see.

Wow connor you get a title and your still post foolish answers. Hey its all good.

Those answers were rather half assed, it would be better to see more thought out answers. I will wait a few days and see what comes up then.

My responses are not meant to stand up to your version of what you consider to be thought out. My answer was thought out, and you can figure out what I'm saying. The wise say the least. There is much wisdom in leaving my responses, like reality, open ended and subject to thought.

And thank you for pointing out that I'm a fool. :) I hope at least one person tells me that every day so that I am reminded.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185487 by RyuJin
i'm a member of several other jedi groups, and even a sith group or two....my level of participation in them is minimal at best....largely because none of them stimulate me enough to actually respond to anything....just like anyone else...i'm not going to sit around having a 1 person conversation...it's a waste of time and energy that can be better spent elsewhere...

that being said, i don't member poach...i seldom mention my totjo affiliation unless asked, and it's not out of shame or anything it's simply out of respect for others....i don't go pushing my views or perspectives on others...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by RyuJin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185491 by
Before coming here I spent a great deal of time researching which Jedi site I wanted to belong to. I chose to do just one so that I could really dedicate myself to the teachings there. If, after a time, I felt I was comfortable with what they offered I would branch out. In the words of Ron Swanson, "Don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing."

I looked at many Jedi sites and found that they were either inactive or simply not what I was looking for. I did attempt to join one before coming here but it wasn't working, and from the comments on their pages it seemed like it hadn't been for a while. Ultimately I chose to come here because of the doctrine, the general feeling of inclusion and acceptance, and most importantly the way that conversations here were handled. I was amazed by the forum discussions.

Though, I must say, some conversations have been handled better than others. I'm glad I read the ones I did before joining. Some "members" might have caused me to reconsider. :whistle:

I know that I am still new (I've only been a part of the "community" for about eight months) so take my opinion for what that is worth to you. I have found TOTJO to be very inclusive and never attempting to keep me from joining other groups. I have, in fact, been encouraged to a number of times.

To be perfectly honest, the only time that I have felt any pressure regarding membership to other sites (either to join or avoid), have been in threads like this, where people from other sites have made it rather apparent that they look down upon those of us who are from only one site. It has actually deterred me from going out to other sites if that is how their "representatives" are going to act.

Also, not that it should matter, but I have yet to find another Jedi within about a 4 hour drive from me, so that rather discourages physical meetings for me as I have limited time and resources.

I sincerely hope that that answer was well enough thought out.

May the Force be with you on your journeys. May they take you far. B)

More
9 years 1 month ago #185492 by rugadd
Hannigan

I WILL be attending the Gathering this year in Indiana, and will be donating printed goods to the cause, as well as rides for fellow Chicago Jedi. I look forward to meeting you (and potentially sparring?). Your posts on FB have inspired me often. It makes it easier to get up as early as I do seeing you getting up at the same time to do the same thing.

I have an account at JOA but I am not active there.

I participate in discussions at the FB United Jedi Assembly regularly. I do not post TOTJO links(that I recall).

All in all, I am making an effort on purpose to help draw the communities closer by including myself in them and getting to know the members. I have a very active life already, however, and more than the three I am active in is to much for my meager abilities.

rugadd

More
9 years 1 month ago #185495 by Carlos.Martinez3
Just out of curiosity why aren't you a member here? Is there something specific you are looking for? Feel free to pm me if u like

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi