Sharing a locker room with a transgender

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #184386 by steamboat28

LTK wrote: If a transgender man was undressing in front of my 16 year old son and his boobs were out to be seen, no, I wouldn't care.

If it makes a difference, simply so you understand where I'm coming from when you respond, it's not that I want to shield my daughter or son from seeing sex organs.

A man with a penis, or a transgender woman with a penis are typically physically stronger than females and where the will and opportunity is available, I'd be much more concerned with my daughter against a man or a transgender woman than I would with a transgender man with my son.

Are men and boys raped? Sadly, yes. But I don’t think that happens near as much as women or girls being raped hence why I would like my daughter to take more precautions.

Ryujin hit the nail on the head. When men are raped, they're less likely to report it, discuss it, talk about it, or even admit it. In fact, when men are raped by women it's far less likely that they'll be physically forced into the act, and much more likely they'll be shamed or coerced into it to preserve the same pride that prevents them from reporting it.

Furthermore, I feel like your response is still smashing the "transwomen are pedophile rape-machines wearing sundresses to confuse our innocent little girls" button. I'm sure you'd never say it that way, but that's how it comes across to me. A young girl is no more likely to be beaten or raped in a locker room where a transwoman is changing than I am to be sodomized by a male masseuse against my will.

And transgendered people in locker rooms aren't the only problem you should worry about if you're concerned about the chastity of your daughter in a public space. Lesbians also use the female locker rooms, as do female pedophiles (both of which, if adults, could still physically overpower a child), so simply kicking out the things that have a penis isn't good enough to solve your problem. By the same token, a son could (theoretically) be just as easily (or arguably more easily) violated in a male-only, clothing-optional space, as well.

This idea that transgender people and homosexuals are inherently pedophilic is still rampant in our society for some reason I cannot comprehend. I'm going to chalk it up to ignorance, which is why discussing the matter intelligently and education are important, but I imagine the initial linking of those traits was simply to further discredit those minorities, and therefore parroting them to prevent them from exercising the right to feel safe in their environment is (in my opinion) nonsense.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, rugadd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #184403 by rugadd
Does human kind habitually rape children? Is that something we do as a race? If not, is it a deviant behavior?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #184408 by RyuJin
very good questions....

i wouldn't even know where to begin the search for those answers....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
9 years 1 month ago #184413 by rugadd
Assuming it is a deviant behavior, does the presence of one deviant behavior imply the presence of another?

rugadd

More
9 years 1 month ago #184414 by rugadd
Does lack of sufficient information make any conclusion an assumption, not a fact?

rugadd

More
9 years 1 month ago #184427 by Adder

steamboat28 wrote: This idea that transgender people and homosexuals are inherently pedophilic is still rampant in our society for some reason I cannot comprehend.

I don't think anyone has said either of those things here have they?

I'd hate disagreeing views to be mis-represented. To clarify, my concerns about children being assaulted in public bathrooms is not about transgender or homosexual people, but sexual predators dressed up as women as entry points to commit crime, whether it be inappropriate observation such as recording or stalking, up to violent assault, rape and murder - regardless of any sexual nature, orientation, proclivity or preference. I thought the discussion was talking about how some people have that fear, and act as per the OP (which was terrible behaviour by the complainant) and how better to address the problem to help everyone, or better identifying who the victims really are if something is not working.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Amaya

More
9 years 1 month ago #184430 by OB1Shinobi
also to be clear

my position is that private owners and corporations have the right to set whatever policy they want about their locker rooms

and parents concerns over their childrens safety - misguided or not - outweigh anyone and everyone elses feelings about being misunderstood or unfairly labeled

People are complicated.

More
9 years 1 month ago #184433 by steamboat28

Adder wrote: To clarify, my concerns about children being assaulted in public bathrooms is not about transgender or homosexual people, but sexual predators dressed up as women as entry points to commit crime...

That's like saying you're concerned about janitors in your child's school because a ninja assassin might buy a mop and a jumpsuit.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #184437 by Adder

steamboat28 wrote:

Adder wrote: To clarify, my concerns about children being assaulted in public bathrooms is not about transgender or homosexual people, but sexual predators dressed up as women as entry points to commit crime...

That's like saying you're concerned about janitors in your child's school because a ninja assassin might buy a mop and a jumpsuit.

Well I've heard a lot of stories ... not imagination, but actual experiences. You might be mixing up the interpretation that its being invented as a pattern of existing behaviour to justify bigotry, but rather its being presented as an example of the spectrum of crazyness which women have to put up with from what I'll just call perv's. In that regard it has nothing to do with transgender, except that transgender people might in some instances set of the alarm bells to women who are sensitive to the avenues used by pervs to get off.

What is being seen perhaps is an overlap of one groups reaction to a perceived threat not based in the actual identity of the perceived threat, but from the prior experiences of people with circumstances which might loosely align enough to create alarm and defensive reactionary behaviour.... and tn public places there is an inherent lack of knowledge about the individual so people might tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to avoiding potential risk in the face of unknowns. It would depend again on the individual how that person might respond based on their own experiences, but it does exist with some/many/a number of women that they are sensitive to it (potential for sexual crime from pervs, not about transgender) - so it's important to try and understand all sides of the problem IMO.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #184503 by

LTK wrote: What are your thoughts if you're a woman in a female locker room and a transgender individual starts changing and their "junk" falls out?

What are your thoughts if you're a man in a male locker room and a transgender individual starts changing and her "downstairs" is there to see?

I just don't care. Gay men use the mens locker room to. So what. I'm not threatened and it's not a sexual situation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi