Jedi Pyramid

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #119983 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Pyramid

Alethea Thompson wrote: Life Guard, even the person that she used to explain why she felt it was important didn't see the value in every Jedi being certified as a Life Guard. Many barely see the value in being trained in First Aide because the likelihood of them needing to respond to such is minimal.

And yet, it happens. No over training there.

Knowledge Weighs Nothing.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119989 by
Ty Althea,

After reading just the first two pages of this thread, there is an inspiration to write . .
It is recognized that OP is from April.
I am new to this forum (though not to the spirit of Jedism).

Three thoughts are with me now:

1) Symbols can be, and are, utilized as teaching-learning tools. The full circle, and that which evolves from, has a purpose. The same for triangles. For each symbol in its most simplistic terms, perhaps, less gives more if the purpose is teaching.

An effort to create a one size fit all graphic model, for all jedi groups, has a lot of love at its heart. (heart meaning sincere purpose). National health care plans and the like have downfalls. Advanced algebra has little meaning without basic math.

2) As soon as a unified symbol is ascribed to by all groups (if it were), group forces and the dynamics of those forces are set in motion.

Native American Indians sat at tribal councils (meetings of tribes). Their common bond was Great Spirit (in everything and everywhere). They communicated and unified by talking, listening, and respecting each other. They didnt do contracts. That is a modern day thing.

3) “will become highly controversial” from OP.
For me, all “yeah buts” seen to appear outside of me, have a purpose for my own learning.

What I gather about this Temple is that if it didn’t put a written signature or agreement to symbols, it does not mean that it does not support respect to other Jedi groups. This group seems focused on its purpose which includes the individual, the group and the groups purpose as a whole. In that light, all Jedi groups and all humanity is unified within the Force.

grateful to meet you
sincerely, mareeka

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 6 months ago #119990 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedi Pyramid
As the life guard requirement was used, I will comment and say;

I don't go to the waterpark, no where I go has a pool too deep to stand in, I dont go to the lake, and i dont live on the coast...

I think, life saving training is important, however, lifeguard training for me would be silly... If I wanted too, more power to me... But to repeat Alethea, practicality, and common sense should be used....

I can see first aide and CPR training... But water specific would make little sense to me, as it would a desert dweller...

(Maybe cause we had the basic training when I took swim classes at the YMCA? Maybe it just seems common sense to me? I don't know, interesting...)

I cant run anymore, I have a torn miniscus... I did it the year before last... Would this disqualify me I wonder? Yea, im a bit overweight, and I might cannot myself frumpy, but I am still a physical force to be reckoned with... And I am losing weight through diet and a fairly physical job...:)

But, I could never run three miles, never had to even before the torn miniscus... rescue teams, including lifeguards, don't have to either... The use their sandbuggys and boats... Motorcycles and helicopters...

But, I can see the value in running, and the need for having standards, as we do have standards here, just not unified physical ones, yet...;) I would hope, like the military, failure in one area is not a total disqualification from membership... Perhaps they are better fighters, weapons users, strategists, and whatever... It is one facet, and one that could be continuously worked on...

I though Kitsu was "not a jedi" type person...:huh:... Maybe I misunderstood...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119991 by

Alethea Thompson wrote: Let me tell you what some of those very people said-people which know Kit PERSONALLY: A number of them pointed out that in order for your wife to enforce such, she would have to be able to accomplish it. Many of those same people pointed out that not only is she not capable of doing these things at the moment, but they have not seen her work towards these very goals.

Where, or upon whom, is she enforcing these standards on? You're absolutely correct, at this point, she cannot complete these tasks. You say that she isn't working on it, but you don't live with her, so truely, you have no idea what she is doing. As of right now, she could do a 3 mile run if I ran it with her. Are you going to denegrate her for having a goal for her path? Something that goes beyond, read and write posts?

If she wants to see this sort of standard put forth, more power to her and whatever Jedi joins her. I know of a few people (on this board actually) which strive for excellence, and would not engage in half the standards that Kit outlined- and at least one of them could probably lay you out.

Can "lay me out"? Which has what to do with the matter at hand? Now you're just appealing to (or attacking) my ego and engaging in nonsense. hahaha Writing checks for someone else to cash, as it were. Still, I love to fight. I will gong sau with anyone.

Excellence isn't measured by the amount of training you do, but what you do with that training once you have it. It's like training to do pyrokinesis your entire life, when you finally find yourself face-to-face with a house on fire in your final years and you are able to save two lives because you can part flames finally. But that fire-fighter saved more lives in one year after practical training than you did training multitudes of years in pyrokinesis. If there is nothing practical behind it for your day-to-day life, then there is no reason to engage in the act.

You got me.... yes, a firefighter will save more lives than someone attempting training in imaginary powers. That's your argument against having standards? I find it hard to take your argument seriously when you're comparing training to learning pyrokenisis. Can we keep the makebelieve in Marvel Comics and discuss things in the really real?

Many barely see the value in being trained in First Aide because the likelihood of them needing to respond to such is minimal.

A person who sees no value in knowing first aid is an idiot. That's all I have to say about that.

That said, Mindas, I appreciate your willingness to come in here and defend Kitsu, but she needs to defend herself. I get the dynamics between you two- but really this isn't your fight, it's hers.

I'm not rushing to her rescue and it has nothing to do with dynamics. I'm commenting that her standards aren't all that high and that generally speaking people cover ineptitude and lack of discipline with excuses and justification. The fact is that any time I see discussion on training or standards it goes swimmingly until someone mentions certifications or physical training. Then, suddenly training is too hard or unrealistic.

You say it's her fight, but she got banned here for whatever reason (I didn't ask), so she can't speak for herself. At any rate my issue is not so much that you disagree with her standards, but that you're talking about her behind her back (since you're not just talking about her standards, but also upon her character and inability to perform them) which is pretty fucking shitty.

Let me know when whoever it is wants to come kick my ass.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #119994 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedi Pyramid
Im looking into her banning....

I actually kinda remember...

Seldom is it "lifetime" type banning...

Oh, and forgive my bad manners...

Hello Mindas, I hope you are well... Pass along my love for your bride and children...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #119998 by
Wow. Your manners are sorely lacking, mindas. And you love to fight, huh? How heroic.

Ii have no problem with any of the physical requirements. But others might, and it is sorely unfair to judge all on the same template, the same design. Like judging a rhino, a chimp, and a fish on who can climb a tree fastest. Or run the fastest. Etc.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119999 by

Desolous wrote: Wow. Your manners are sorely lacking, mindas. And you love to fight, huh? How heroic.

Ii have no problem with any of the physical requirements. But others might, and it is sorely unfair to judge all on the same template, the same design. Like judging a rhino, a chimp, and a fish on who can climb a tree fastest. Or run the fastest. Etc.

I think I've been pretty civil so far. I addressed something that irked me and I did so openly and honestly. It's not like I went on a paragraph length tirade or something...

I wouldn't have said anything about fighting, but Alethea decided that "laying people out" was somehow pertinent to the conversation so I responded. It wasn't meant as a statement of heroics so much as a statement of fact, which Alethea already knows.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #120001 by

Alethea Thompson wrote:
That said, Mindas, I appreciate your willingness to come in here and defend Kitsu, but she needs to defend herself. I get the dynamics between you two- but really this isn't your fight, it's hers.

He's probably here because she can't be. She's blocked/banned.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #120002 by
musing . . .
that is what muses do . . .
do birds fly so high to escape the sight of their bird poop?
what do birds have to do with this?
a symbol
perhaps for
above the battlefield

scratching head
a gesture, perhaps meaning
musing without words

what was that word i intended to look up?
begins with “m”
ends in “a”, which denotes feminine in romance languages
ah yes
it is “minda”
hmmm just “mind” without the a

plz
do not
tell me before next Thursday
it wouldnt be any fun
unless of course
i learned it first
before Tuesday
or sundown

More
10 years 6 months ago #120020 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Jedi Pyramid
Connor:
He's probably here because she can't be. She's blocked/banned.

As I've just learned during the last two hours.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi