Jedi Pyramid

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 week ago #103365 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid

Desolous wrote: No, I think what most of us are saying is that Nobody knows 'the truth'...not you, not I, not even jestor. And that this insistence, this certainty in light of this truism is somewhat offputting.

Of course, I could be wrong. But then, so could you.

Wait, not even me?

Im sosad...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103367 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid

maynoth wrote:

Desolous wrote: No, I think what most of us are saying is that Nobody knows 'the truth'...not you, not I, not even jestor. And that this insistence, this certainty in light of this truism is somewhat offputting.

You're right! If only there was some way... some method by which people could see and experience this for themselves first hand. I mean that would be pretty incredible wouldn't it? People could see and experience such things for themselves and make up their own minds directly without relying upon the opinions of other people. It would really change everything if such a method existed wouldn't it?

Too bad nothing like that exists.

Darn...

Didn't I mention I seem to be physiologically incapable of meditating? I'm sure I did in one of our lovely PM exchanges. It seems quite inconsiderate to assume then, that anyone can just enter into some deep trance just like you did and find exactly the same things and conclusions. Almost unscientific of you to make that assumption in fact.

Nice try, tho.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103368 by
You pass through the state you need to be in for a few moments each night before you drift off to sleep, everyone on earth passes through this state briefly each night.

They also make great tools like the meditation program by centerpointe inc, the awakening prologue to drown out mental chatter, and help you go deeper into this state.

No chanting of mantra's, no being aware of the present moment, no quieting the mind, no visualization, none of that.

If you can go to sleep you can learn to meditate correctly to realize actual results.

Desolous wrote:

maynoth wrote:

You're right! If only there was some way... some method by which people could see and experience this for themselves first hand. I mean that would be pretty incredible wouldn't it? People could see and experience such things for themselves and make up their own minds directly without relying upon the opinions of other people. It would really change everything if such a method existed wouldn't it?

Too bad nothing like that exists.

Darn...

Didn't I mention I seem to be physiologically incapable of meditating? I'm sure I did in one of our lovely PM exchanges. It seems quite inconsiderate to assume then, that anyone can just enter into some deep trance just like you did and find exactly the same things and conclusions. Almost unscientific of you to make that assumption in fact.

Nice try, tho.

Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by .

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
11 years 1 week ago #103371 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Maynoth, I've seen a couple people mention that you have some really good meditation techniques. Like Des, I too struggle to meditate.

Dont suppose you'd consider starting a thread (Or a journal, that way people cant derail it) on some of the techniques that you've found successful?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103372 by

Brenna wrote: Maynoth, I've seen a couple people mention that you have some really good meditation techniques. Like Des, I too struggle to meditate.

Dont suppose you'd consider starting a thread (Or a journal, that way people cant derail it) on some of the techniques that you've found successful?

If it's something someone is interested in I'd assume they'd ask specifically via pm or email.

It's not a good idea to discuss it in public.

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103373 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid

maynoth wrote: You pass through the state you need to be in for a few moments each night before you drift off to sleep, everyone on earth passes through this state briefly each night.

They also make great tools like the meditation program by centerpointe inc, the awakening prologue to drown out mental chatter, and help you go deeper into this state.

I jokingly blame this practice on causing my skin condition psoriasis.... tapping into the energy pool of the subconscious - that state where the body dreams and heals itself.
The intermediatory state could be related to Hypnagogia

maynoth wrote: No chanting of mantra's, no being aware of the present moment, none of that.

Some deep spirituality does have it's own risks and often its recommended to progress slowly under the instruction of someone who (claims) to have gone there beforehand. Same with NeiGong I think, they progress slowly making sure each incremental step is experienced and understood properly. Training like this usually has specific tools at each stage to achieve progress. Another benefit of some religion's is those things can also serve as tools to deal with safety when things go astray, and provide support networks.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Adder. Reason: link added

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103374 by

“You know how in meditation we slow down our breathing and our pulse? It’s because we move more and more into our yin consciousness.” -The Magus of Java

“What is actual meditation like?” I asked.

“There are no thoughts and there is no sense of time. If you are thinking, you are not in meditation. If you are aware of yourself, you are also not in meditation.

You must become like a baby in the womb, there and yet not there.

Meditation is like the borderline between sleep and waking, between consciousness and unconsciousness.”

“Very difficult.”

“Not so difficult, Kosta. You stayed in meditation for long periods when you were an embryo and a baby, and you pass through it now each time you drift off to sleep. You just have to
remember how.”

-The Magus Of Java

Countless different Qigong and meditation exercises exist. All teach the basic idea of using consciousness to go into the emptiness where thoughts ultimately cease or greatly diminish and sensory connections to our bodies fade. We and everything in our world are all from the emptiness and will go back to the emptiness. It is a state of pure energy where we are one with the universe. Our bodies naturally direct us to the emptiness. When we get sick, for example, the first place we go is not to the hospital, but to bed. When we sleep, we feel relaxed and peaceful. We bring our mind and body into the emptiness. Everybody does this automatic meditation without noticing it during sleep and periods of deep relaxation. Most of our daily energy blockages are opened and resolved in this way The deeper you go into the emptiness, the faster your body will heal. By practicing Qigong we go into the emptiness where we effortlessly balance the Yin and Yang, the female and male energy. As the balance of energy comes back, the body heals.

-Chunyi Lin creator of Spring Forest Qigong

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
11 years 1 week ago #103375 by Brenna

maynoth wrote:

Brenna wrote: Maynoth, I've seen a couple people mention that you have some really good meditation techniques. Like Des, I too struggle to meditate.

If it's something someone is interested in I'd assume they'd ask specifically via pm or email.

It's not a good idea to discuss it in public.

:) Its just meditation, a few guidelines, not the manual for the secrets of the universe. Besides, you never know who could benefit from it that wouldnt have the confidence to ask. There are many temple members who are extremely shy.

As I said, maybe do a journal with some helpful hints, that way no one can comment and you could reach more than just the pushy ones who ask :P

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103376 by
http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/General-Discussions/103375-Re-Jedi-Pyramid/post?do=quote#103374

Brenna wrote: a few guidelines

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
11 years 1 week ago #103377 by Brenna

maynoth wrote: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/General-Discussions/103375-Re-Jedi-Pyramid/post?do=quote#103374

Brenna wrote: a few guidelines

Cool, thanks. Didnt see that.

Question though, and im sure im not the only one that struggles with this. When you get to that point where you have snatches of total stillness, how do you stay in that space? I often find that I have moments of total quiet and "unfeeling" but then inevitably my brain starts chattering again and Im back to square one. Its been like that for years.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi