Jedi Pyramid

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103378 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
I find an mp3 of rain or a babbling creek on repeat helps drown out monkey mind (mental chatter), a blindfold helps too

Brenna wrote:

maynoth wrote: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/General-Discussions/103375-Re-Jedi-Pyramid/post?do=quote#103374

Brenna wrote: a few guidelines

Cool, thanks. Didnt see that.

Question though, and im sure im not the only one that struggles with this. When you get to that point where you have snatches of total stillness, how do you stay in that space? I often find that I have moments of total quiet and "unfeeling" but then inevitably my brain starts chattering again and Im back to square one. Its been like that for years.

Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
11 years 1 week ago #103379 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Great. Thank you. Ive got some relaxing noise apps on my ipod that should be perfect, will aim for that and see how I get on.

Much appreciated.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

More
11 years 1 week ago #103380 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Being distracted is a great chance to practice refocusing/releasing :pinch: :side:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103382 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Remember, and part of the reason Maynoth is being careful...

Maynoth is not authorized to instruct here at TOTJO...

I have discussed this with him, and he is aware....

While I am mostly a goofball, silly person...

When I ask someone to stop, im not playing...;)

Sooo...

That being said, if I feel he is teaching, I will remove him...

Offering advice is one thing, formal teaching is another...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Jestor.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 week ago #103383 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Also, this thread is WAYYYY off topic...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
11 years 1 week ago #103384 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid

Jestor wrote: Remember, and part of the reason Maynoth is being careful...

Sooo...

:) Will keep that in mind when picking his brain. Thanks.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 week ago #103419 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid

Jestor wrote: Remember, and part of the reason Maynoth is being careful...

Sooo...

Especially secret PM teaching.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103426 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
o.O That's illegal too? lol. *runs away* jkjk

More
11 years 1 week ago #103580 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Jedi Pyramid
Got some good feedback on another order. A few new changes (some were minor in grammatical structure, like changing "no" to "not", so I'm just posting the ones that actually had some word changes):

Duty to the All- A Jedi's mission is to support their community through service. A Jedi is also charged with acting when they witness dangerous situations in an objective manner. Furthermore, it is important that a Jedi acts when they recognize someone in need of help, whether that is through direct action or indirect action as per the situation.

As the person which suggested the change points out, a Jedi should be able to step out of their comfort zone when they recognize some serious issues with someone. Such as, if you happen to recognize that someone is having emotional problems- talking with them or getting them the help they need by going to someone that can help them is our responsibility. It doesn't necessarily require you to become overly social, it simply means that you will act. Not all situations which require action are going to be dangerous.

It was also brought up that the plant, animal or otherwise was too confusing, and could lead to someone thinking they had a mandate to let weeds overrun a garden. By eliminating this in the document it allows for the interpretation to become far more balanced (or at least as balanced as possible, I am well aware there is no such thing as "Iron-Clad" in text, lol).

Physical Art- A Jedi should seek a physical art (Martial Arts, Yoga, Ballet, Weight Lifting, Running, etc) which keeps them them in shape and focuses on maintaining discipline of their body, within their capabilities. Part of the physical art, which can be observed by all Jedi regardless of their mobility, is health. A Jedi should eat right, and maintain their health to the best of their ability.

This one was argued that even with a problem such as being quadriplegic, a person can participate in physical rehabilitation to try and overcome such things. The point is to keep trying, rather than to give up. As the person points out, he hopes that a Jedi would be inspired to keep going because other Jedi are encouraging them to continue working on such things. And this one is from me- after thinking about it, I realize that with new developments coming in the future, who knows- science may be able to help people fully overcome these issues.

Discipline- In order to walk the Jedi Path, you need to live by your training and by the philosophy. It is your responsibility to continue your growth throughout the rest of your life. Even while you are training with a mentor or taking a course at an order, it is discipline that will get you through to your knighthood and later on your master-hood.

Taken out was "of the Light".

And finally (I think this is all of them!)

Integrity- A Jedi seeks to maintain their integrity to the Jedi Code at all times.  A Jedi should hold themselves to a high standard knowing that what they do when no one is looking is just as important as what they do when people are looking.

This one was brought up by the fact that morality is too relative to be used as the point of reference.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103584 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Pyramid

Alethea Thompson wrote: Duty to the All- A Jedi's mission is to support their community through service. A Jedi is also charged with acting when they witness dangerous situations in an objective manner. Furthermore, it is important that a Jedi acts when they recognize someone in need of help, whether that is through direct action or indirect action as per the situation.

*A Jedi is also charged with acting, objectively, when they witness dangerous situations.

You have applied 'objective manner' to 'dangerous situations' rather than 'charged with acting'. What this implies is: After objectively witnessing a dangerous situation you must act but are not bound to to so objectively.

I would also remove the 'also'. 'also' is used like 'furthermore' when you are continuing the specific point. The first line is incredibly general and completely envelopes the second, thus the second isn't continuing a point it is making a new statement. That statement is then added to with you third line with the use of 'furthermore'...

But now for my own personal editions...

'Duty to the All- A Jedi's mission is to support their community through service. A Jedi is charged with acting, objectively, when they recognise a situation where someone needs help. Jedi put their lives above the lives of others, even when facing danger, but know that they can help through direct action or indirect action as per the situation.'

Alethea Thompson wrote: Physical Art- A Jedi should seek a physical art (Martial Arts, Yoga, Ballet, Weight Lifting, Running, etc) which keeps them them in shape and focuses on maintaining discipline of their body, within their capabilities. Part of the physical art, which can be observed by all Jedi regardless of their mobility, is health. A Jedi should eat right, and maintain their health to the best of their ability.

*body, within = body within (this is a run-on sentence - advise rewording such as)

A Jedi should seek a physical art within their capabilities (Martial Arts, Yoga, Ballet, Weight Lifting, Running, etc) which keeps them them in shape and focuses on maintaining discipline of their body.

(I also think the brackets are unnecessary but that's just me) - /irony

Alethea Thompson wrote: Discipline- In order to walk the Jedi Path, you need to live by your training and by the philosophy. It is your responsibility to continue your growth throughout the rest of your life. Even while you are training with a mentor or taking a course at an order, it is discipline that will get you through to your knighthood and later on your master-hood.

I would suggest:

*your knighthood and later on your master-hood. = your knighthood and beyond.

The 'Master' rank differs greatly between orders (IJRS doesn't even have one I don't think). Knighthood however is broadly similar so should remain, not all Jedi here for example might choose to become masters...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi